• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV Beta |Mini OT| READ THE OP

What would you rate Diablo IV

• 1 (Amazing)

Votes: 116 37.3%

Votes: 111 35.7%

Votes: 62 19.9%

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • 5 (Dreadful)

Votes: 10 3.2%

• Total voters

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
A Beta used to test network and server stability and stress is one thing, Asking people to preorder the game to have access to the beta and have it not work, is another.

If you are asking people to preorder to get access there should be a reasonable assumption that the beta will at least be playable.

Laieon

A Beta used to test network and server stability and stress is one thing, Asking people to preorder the game to have access to the beta and have it not work, is another.

If you are asking people to preorder to get access there should be a reasonable assumption that the beta will at least be playable.

Especially when there's stuff like that dog backpack that you can unlock through the beta.

Wolcen is like $11 dollars now.

This isn't, but is also really fun and doesn't have the recognition of PoE or Grim Dawn yet:

clarky

Gold Member
Played to lvl5 Rouge. Super positive on this on the little I've played. Runs great on my 3070ti laptop (100+ fps with dlss quality) and looks fantastic. Can't wait to get stuck in proper later on, if the severs don't shit the bed.

Luipadre

Gold Member
They know how many preorders and they know how many codes they've given out.

Just scale the server loads on that demand

just scale it 4Head. Its not that easy obviously. As long as there are online games, there will be login and server issues aswell.

Nydius

Gold Member
I fully expected there to be long queues but the “breaking news” window basically saying “we know the queue timer is broke, it’ll be better next week” had me rolling my eyes.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Well, waited 45 minutes through the queue....now stuck on a circling 'queue' icon for the last 10 minutes.

Glad I took off work for this.

Blizzard owes me a days pay!!

.Pennywise

Banned
The sound design is motherfucking cheff kiss. And voice acting is pure delikatessen, Lorath Narh voice is top notch.

Also REAALLYY liking the absolute darker tone of the game and the story that's not just White and Black. With Lilith not being the pure evil nor Inarius being the pure good.

Comandr

Fuck me.

8 minute queue. Got in just after it opened up. Made a character and watched the opening cutscenes. Started walking around and looking at menus and DC’d for no apparent reason.

55 minute queue. Get all the way to “logging in to Diablo 4”. Get error 300008.

104 minute queue. The true blizzard experience. This game plays just like the classics.

Vyse

Gold Member
Fuck me.

8 minute queue. Got in just after it opened up. Made a character and watched the opening cutscenes. Started walking around and looking at menus and DC’d for no apparent reason.

55 minute queue. Get all the way to “logging in to Diablo 4”. Get error 300008.

104 minute queue. The true blizzard experience. This game plays just like the classics.
Reminds me of the old World of Warcraft days. Pissed me off to no end.

Smokken

Banned
Can't believe people expected this beta to be a smooth experience. Did you learn NOTHING from D3's launch?

Lemme guess, preorder early access was more expensive than standard edition?

Fools idol

Banned
played an hour or so

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally dont think this game is going to go down well with fans of d2.

I mean it's basically d3 again... combat wise at least. Going to try barb and see if its any better but yeh I wont be paying $79 for this. PoE2 looks way better.

cormack12

Gold Member
Can't believe people expected this beta to be a smooth experience. Did you learn NOTHING from D3's launch?

Yes. Clearly it wasn't enough because it didn't deter enough of you fuckers.

Filben

Why am I in a queue on console if I want to play offline and alone? Can't they just make a quick license check and be done with it? I don't want to be on their servers.

I'm already seeing couch co-op sessions blown up because of server issues in the future.

Reactions: Fuz

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
The cinematics are seriously next level.

. . .and three years old no less.

Uhm. Aren't you asking the wrong people this question. There's someone who REALLY needed to be asked this and have an answer and they aren't in this thread, let alone this forum.

cormack12

Gold Member
Why am I in a queue on console if I want to play offline and alone? Can't they just make a quick license check and be done with it? I don't want to be on their servers.

I'm already seeing couch co-op sessions blown up because of server issues in the future.
People are reporting if you stay on character screen, you can still play, so it must be the login servers being battered. If it is then that's easily fixable so fingers crossed

Top Bottom