• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 |OT| Episode 3: The Playset Awakens

Not until you get the Crossover Coin for that character. For example, if you want to use Ezra for your playthrough, you have to find his Crossover Coin first.

Ahh I see, thanks... As an aside, it's great that they've opened up the playsets to all characters but kinda sucks that they're still using the crossover coin mechanic. Though I did read that you only have to find one coin instead of ten like before...

graffix13

The figures are so much more detailed this time around!

Yeah I am impressed by the quality of the figures. With that being said...is there some kind of case or something that I can store these things in? Just leaving them on the shelf/laying around is begging for something to get broke off.

Also, what is the max level for characters on the skill tree? Level 20?

curb

Banned
Yeah I am impressed by the quality of the figures. With that being said...is there some kind of case or something that I can store these things in? Just leaving them on the shelf/laying around is begging for something to get broke off.

There were some official stacking cases for 1.0. Looks like you can still get them if you look around. Seems to be not the best option to me though.

Ha! My daughter is playing with my Inside Out Infinity Figures in that play set as we speak. She hates the ones that go with it because they don't stand.

Awesome. Good to know that the Infinity figures are the "superior" toys to play with!

What's the best way to get new Sidekicks? I should say, how do you get them at all?

You unlock them in the Toy Box Takeover mode. I found a capsule right in the hub of that mode that had a Captain Hook sidekick.

Walmart sells hardware storage organizers in their tool section. I got a different one in store than what I have linked below, but you get the idea. It was like $11.97 and works pretty well. I was able to fit 14 figures in, including Baymax and Hulk in a couple of particularly big compartments in the organizer.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Trademark-Tools-Parts-Organizer-Box-with-23-Compartments/19716832

Azubah

There's a certain joy in having Boba Jett shoot the weeds in the garden and then help destroy the Death Star.

Mostly the gardening though.

MattyG

Banned
I'm really enjoying this. Never played 1.0 or 2.0, but everything about this is pretty great. Rise Against the Empire is good so far too. It takes a bit too many liberties with the beginning of the story for my tastes (probably necessary), but it also has one of the best Trench Run levels I've ever seen, so that kind of makes up for it.

Wanderer5

Went to pick up Quorra today lol. Maybe I will actually check out Disney Infinity sometime finally, but couldn't resist a nice looking Quorra figure.:p

bumpkin

I saw Yoda, Obi-Wan and the new female SW character at Target today and was tempted by the 2-for-20 deal, but I didn't pull the trigger on 'em. I'm still on the fence about the game in general. I got "1.0" when it came out and it didn't really do much for me. I think my main issue with the game was the included franchises -- Monsters, Pirates and Incredibles -- were mostly misses for me. Marvel might have been better, but by that point, I was pretty heavily invested in Skylanders.

graffix13

There's a certain joy in having Boba Jett shoot the weeds in the garden and then help destroy the Death Star.

Mostly the gardening though.

LOL!

Yeah I am definitely getting Vader when he releases, so it will be....strange when he helps destroy the Death Star. Too bad there aren't good and evil quests for each playset.

I saw Yoda, Obi-Wan and the new female SW character at Target today and was tempted by the 2-for-20 deal, but I didn't pull the trigger on 'em. I'm still on the fence about the game in general. I got "1.0" when it came out and it didn't really do much for me. I think my main issue with the game was the included franchises -- Monsters, Pirates and Incredibles -- were mostly misses for me. Marvel might have been better, but by that point, I was pretty heavily invested in Skylanders.

Enjoyed 1.0, but mainly played as an excuse to play a game with my GF that she enjoyed. Didn't care for 2.0 and thought it was a waste of money overall.

LOVE 3.0. Both my GF and I are enjoying all the improvements and they use of the Star Wars license is perfect. The fighting is finally fun, the driving feels good, and for the first time in any Disney Infinity game, we're excited to try out the different activities available in the ToyBox this year.

Get it. 3.0 finally lives up the the promise of the franchise.

Ugh, this is such a tease. Amazon shipped my game via carrier pigeon and now it isn't scheduled to arrive until Thursday. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but it hasn't even made it to my local post office yet. If it wasn't for the fact that I paid for the game with Amazon.com gift cards then I would have just told them to shove it and pick the game up in a store.

Is anybody planning to submit a Toy Box for the Favorite Character Challenge? I didn't attempt any of the 2.0 challenges, but I've got a solid idea for this one. I'll have to see how well I can pull it off, since my Toy Box skills are pretty meager.

Hex

Banned
Can not lie, I have had the stupidest and biggest smile on my face non stop since my delivery came from Amazon and I set it up.
And that is just from the tutorial and running around the hub.
(Although there is a gift hanging in the air that is bugging the hell out of me)

curb

Banned
Finally got to play some. That intro!

Someone asked earlier about the voice actors for the Guardians of the Galaxy characters. Gamora definitely has the same voice as in 2.0.

Hex

Banned
UZ3XO4X.jpg

First haul.

Jack Skellington, Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey, Aladdin, Jasmine, Mike Wazowski, Sully, Ms Incredible, Black Widow and Captain Barbosa are in the mail. (Along with the Captain Marvel/Ultimate Falcon Power discs)

The quality of these really is amazing.

curb

Banned
Nice Kanan pick up

I really like his figure. I was going to skip the Rebels figures but I was really impressed with him in the store. Now I plan on getting Ezra and eventually Sabine when she's available in Canada.

Can not lie, I have had the stupidest and biggest smile on my face non stop since my delivery came from Amazon and I set it up.
And that is just from the tutorial and running around the hub.
(Although there is a gift hanging in the air that is bugging the hell out of me)

Jetpack.

Also, FYI - if you're using Luke, you can use the Jetpack boost and the Force jump to get to really high places in the ToyBox.

I have Fett but can not figure out how to use the Jetpack

The jetpack is a toy box item that you can use with any character. If i'm not mistaken, i unlocked in the toy box when I had to climb the Castle. Do the intro tutorial for the area themed to "BRAVE" and i think that's where you'll get it.

I know it's not what a lot of people do but I just store them in a box and I've been collecting since 1.0 and haven't had any issues. Just in case you do end up storing them that way.

Hex

Banned
Someone posted a good hardware style box, I used a similar thing for Warhammer 40k figures but smaller scale. I personally am going to set up a display shelf but that may change quickly the more that I get.
Made a list of power discs that I want to pick up also.

You guys are making it very hard for me to ignore this game....must not buy, must not buy.

I picked up 2.0 and got bored really quick and got rid of it.

RetroMG

Do items bought digitally on the PC store transfer over to a console purchase?

I really want to buy a console version but I really don't want the figurines. I have enough junk in my house. Also I've already put money into the PC version.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Straight up addicted lol. Just went to pick up the Inside Out playset pack. I haven't had this much fun playing a game with my kids in so long.

image.jpg

Rollin with this crew for now. I need to stop buying shit lol

Holy cow I love Mulan's combat dialogue,

"You fight for nothing"
"You chose the wrong side"
"This is where your actions have gotten you"
"I hope my father will be proud"

Waited 3 years for Mulan to finally happen(well longer that that for an actual Mulan game)

How's Venom? He'd be one of the main reasons for me to pick this up.

Pretty cool. Both he and Spidey are fun to play with the web swinging, although wall crawling ain't the greatest at times.

Jetpack.

Also, FYI - if you're using Luke, you can use the Jetpack boost and the Force jump to get to really high places in the ToyBox.

If y'all don't have any flyers, you should rectify that immediately. Flying is done well and is a joy. Both Thor and Iron Man are good choices, if you want to track down a 2.0 starter set. Nova's another good choice, as is Falcon. I really like Baymax as well. My kids like Tinkerbell, but her prancing and odd attacks don't do much for me.

Hex

Banned
Pretty cool. Both he and Spidey are fun to play with the web swinging, although wall crawling ain't the greatest at times.

If y'all don't have any flyers, you should rectify that immediately. Flying is done well and is a joy. Both Thor and Iron Man are good choices, if you want to track down a 2.0 starter set. Nova's another good choice, as is Falcon. I really like Baymax as well. My kids like Tinkerbell, but her prancing and odd attacks don't do much for me.

I honestly expected Fett to fly, but I have Tinkerbell on the way and will have Thor before long.

The sidekick pack dropped a little lower on Amazon, $14.40 now for Mike Wazowski, Captain Barbosa and Ms Incredible.
And the Aladdin and Jasmine pack with the power discs is 19.95 which is cheaper than picking up the two figures alone.

The preview coverage (and this thread's OP) mentioned a new Character Wheel that allows swapping figures without physically doing it (which is super useful for Remote Play.) I can't find that feature anywhere. Was it scrapped?

Got to spend a good chunk of time with the game today. Feels really solid and looks pretty good on PS4.

Some thoughts:

-All the Play Sets and Toybox (the hub) have a such better presentation compared to the last two games.

- The Inside Out playset is a lot better than I thought it would be and alternates between 3D and 2D platformer. Each character has a strength and they set up areas where you can get in costumes so that you can play as the character with that strength even if you don't own them. Not Mario tier but blows away the platforming esque playsets from 1.0.

-ToyBox Takeover is a ton of fun and hopefully a new staple of the series.

- Zeb is the surprise best character.

This is easily the best Infinity game but if you absolutely hated the past two I don't think you're going to love this. If you thought they were kinda fun but overall were disappointed, I'd probably suggest to give it one more chance.

I honestly expected Fett to fly, but I have Tinkerbell on the way and will have Thor before long.

The sidekick pack dropped a little lower on Amazon, $14.40 now for Mike Wazowski, Captain Barbosa and Ms Incredible.
And the Aladdin and Jasmine pack with the power discs is 19.95 which is cheaper than picking up the two figures alone.
Fett can fly after you unlock the ability in the skill tree. It's limited flight in the playsets and unlimited in Toy box.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
PSA: In my experience, 3.0 doesn't properly support suspend/resume on Xbox One. Causes the ENTIRE game to chug until you quit and start again.

By entire game, I mean literally all of it. Main menu, settings menu, gameplay, the lot. Needs a patch big time.

Rootbeer

Banned
Well they got my order in faster than I thought...

I think I can pick up my Saga Edition for PS4 tomorrow. Thought I'd have to wait till Tues or Weds

MattyG

Banned
So how do you guys usually play this? I fooled around in Toy Box and then went to the Rise Against the Empire playset. Been playing that ever since, but I feel like I should be jumping back and forth more often. I'm just not into building things (why I never loved LBP), so I don't know what to do outside of the playsets.

Hex

Banned
I ALMOST wish mind had not arrived today lol.
I got to poke around, but it will be Wednesday night before I can really dive in due to work and other things.
It....calls....to ....me

Flunkie

Banned
So how do you guys usually play this? I fooled around in Toy Box and then went to the Rise Against the Empire playset. Been playing that ever since, but I feel like I should be jumping back and forth more often. I'm just not into building things (why I never loved LBP), so I don't know what to do outside of the playsets.

Same here, but you can still have fun in Toy Box doing missions and gardening and such lol.

I'm playing on Hard. Extreme too frustrating for me, Hard is just right where I kind of am in jeopardy of failing missions. I died once and had to switch characters. They talked about checkpoints but I didn't see any around.

adarker

Banned
I started with 2.0 because of the Marvel Characters. Played it some with my son until he got bored with it and the wife and I ran through the playsets. We were kinda bummed that Toy Box was so dull with just a small handful of great community levels. One the three playsets were done so were we.

We went back and got 1.0, some playsets were good, some were not. We were kinda on the fence about 3.0 until my son and I seen the Star Wars figs. He is a much bigger Star Wars fan than a Marvel one.

Had a ton of Amazon credit and took the plunge. Bought the Epic Bundle with Fear since he was an exclusive. Holy crap what a massive improvement!

My son, wife and I have been playing it non-stop since we got in in the mail this afternoon and we have not even touched a playset. There is so much to do and unlock in the Toy Box it's unreal. The combat fells really good and we really dig it! Amazon shipped the Toy Box Takeover separate and we are chomping at the bit to get ahold of that as we are obsessed with sidekicks. As long as the playsets are fun I think we have a winner! We plan on starting them tomorrow . Will probably pick up the Tron figs this weekend.

I've always liked the toy box since 1.0. I only played the playsets to unlock more toy box items. The playsets are getting better though.

I beat it today. Well, the starter set's toybox. I'll likely play through the two other Star Wars ones.

It's quite solid. But I had one crash when I tried to play online, and had trouble finding people at other times. I did get into one game with three others, though.

Still not sure of how to cultivate crops, or how long it'll take to get enough fruit to feed a sidekick 50x.

Top Bottom