• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 | Review Thread

Has anything broke street date, Target I went to is empty still.

I doubt many big name stores are breaking embargos these days. I was tempted to head over to the Magic Kingdom today to see if they were selling it early but I figured it wasn't worth the trip out just for that.

Kitoro

So what's the verdict? If the Star Wars playsets released as standalone games, would they be worth a play through?

Fusebox

Banned
Is the Toy Box improved over 2.0 if my kid still just wants to play with all her Disney characters or is this too Star Wars-centric?

Ocelott

Good reviews...going to jump in with 3.0. My 3 year old is pretty advance so I am going to give it a whirl...finally Tron figures .

I am digging the figures but mainly to collect. Not sure I would play the game (but who knows)... Anybody trying to collect the figs?

Collecting the figures is a fun hobby in addition to playing the game. They're pretty high quality, and they're reasonably priced when they're on sale. I wouldn't do it without the game functionality, but I can see why some people would.

Is the Toy Box improved over 2.0 if my kid still just wants to play with all her Disney characters or is this too Star Wars-centric?

Yes, lots of big improvements to the Toy Box in 3.0. It looks to be worth it, even if you don't care for Star Wars.

I almost bought the Marvel 2.0 set, but lukewarm reviews kept me from buying it. Looks like I might be trying to hunt this down tomorrow.

Is the Star Wars Saga bundle going to be available or was it a limited edition preorder thing?

Briarios

Amazon seems to be delivering Monday even though they offered release day delivery. Sunday releases are lame.

Yeah, I'm a little bummed because they had been doing Sunday deliveries in my area ... but, oh well. It is what it is. I was able to get it because of trade in credit on Amazon, so I'm not going to complain about a day.

Briarios

What stores have what exclusives?

Amazon: Fear (free shipping or $35+)
Best Buy: Mulan (free shipping $35+, or in-store pickup)
GameStop: Zeb (free shipping $25+, or in-store pickup)
Target: Sabine (free shipping $25+)
Toys ‘R’ Us: Ezra (not available online yet)
Walmart: Kanan (Free shipping, or in-store pickup)

How long is the play set's campaign? I'm planning to play through it tomorrow.

I got the Sabine character at E3, but she's likely only available in Toy Box.

Neoxon

I almost bought the Marvel 2.0 set, but lukewarm reviews kept me from buying it. Looks like I might be trying to hunt this down tomorrow.

Is the Star Wars Saga bundle going to be available or was it a limited edition preorder thing?
You may want to get those Marvel figures anyway for the new play set coming out. While you can't use the play sets from 2.0, I do recall the ability to use the assets from said play sets in the Toy Box.

Fantomex

I give major props to infinity for having every figure available almost all the time. The rare ones are rare for only 1-2 weeks max, and then replenish right away to stop making them rare.

Aquila

I'm a sucker for anything and everything Star Wars and amiibo have already broken me so I'm awfully tempted to pick this up tomorrow even though the gameplay hasn't quite grabbed me.

Are there any Infinity characters with unique and fun gimmicks? I know Violet back in 1.0 is apparently op but that's it.

Rootbeer

Banned
heads up

the Best Buy deal (Buy 3 Get 1 Free on All DI items) is now live on the website. Does not work with pre-orders (such as darth maul), but it does work on EVERY item available as of 8/30 including the game itself and playsets, and older items from 1.0 and 2.0. Works with GCU.

So you could buy (two possible examples):

game + playset + figure + free figure

or...

figure + figure + figure + free figure (After GCU + tax you are paying about $9 per figure, super good deal for launch day!)

This is the best launch day deal by far! You can also do this in-store. Website has in-store pickup options.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Does anyone know if my Wii U toybox 1.0 unlocks will carry over to 3.0 on the PS4? Need ma toyz!

taoofjord

heads up

the Best Buy deal (Buy 3 Get 1 Free on All DI items) is now live on the website. Does not work with pre-orders (such as darth maul), but it does work on EVERY item available as of 8/30 including the game itself and playsets, and older items from 1.0 and 2.0. Works with GCU.

or...

figure + figure + figure + free figure (After GCU + tax you are paying about $9 per figure, super good deal for launch day!)

This is the best launch day deal by far! You can also do this in-store. Website has in-store pickup options.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but I'm not seeing anything about Toy Box Takeover listed on their page? Is that still being included?

Hex

Banned
I love that you get the codes for the PC version when you buy the PS4 versions (if I am understanding correctly).

taoofjord

Shit, this is good? I'm fucked ;_; More plastic, less money.

This was my reaction as well. :( And it has come at such an unfortunate time as last month I started collecting Lego and earlier in the year I discovered the wonderful world of action figures. No idea how my wife is still so supportive! :)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
heads up

or...

This now only works for 3.0 figures only.

Hex

Banned
Toys R Us has buy 1 get 1 for 50% off on all of the figures.
Just ordered Ezra, Corra, Jack Skellington, Loki, Sorcerer's apprentice Mickey, and Rocket

Will have to get Mulan at Best Buy and Sabine at Target. Unfortunately Target is stupid and does not sell theirs online.

Ecto311

In the U.S. I can just buy the game for Xbox one digital and skip the new base set? Already have 2 on the one. Google shows little and there is no link to the Xbox store that I could find from my phone.

In the U.S. I can just buy the game for Xbox one digital and skip the new base set? Already have 2 on the one. Google shows little and there is no link to the Xbox store that I could find from my phone.

Yeah, the 2.0 Xbox One base will work on the 3.0 Xbox One game.

Ecto311

Yeah, the 2.0 Xbox One base will work on the 3.0 Xbox One game.

Cool but where is the download link for the xbox one so I can get it for the $30 instead of having to buy another core set? Google and the xbox store on the PC show nothing. Feels like it is being hidden so you don't even know about it unless it is delayed.

ascii42

Cool but where is the download link for the xbox one so I can get it for the $30 instead of having to buy another core set? Google and the xbox store on the PC show nothing. Feels like it is being hidden so you don't even know about it unless it is delayed.

Same with the PS3 and PS4 versions, maybe they aren't going up until the store updates next week?

Briarios

Target's deal is 2 figures for $20, so that's better than the BB deal for just characters

Target: 4 figs @ $40

BB: 4 figs @ $42

Not a huge difference, but just FYI.

idk man I don't have an Xbox One so I don't know when it'd go on the store.

Target's deal is 2 figures for $20, so that's better than the BB deal for just characters

Target: 4 figs @ $40

BB: 4 figs @ $42

Not a huge difference, but just FYI.

Many Gaffers have GCU at Best Buy, which offers another 20% off. So it was $33.60 for me before tax at Best Buy. But for those that have a Target RedCard, there's 5% off, making it $38 before tax there. Regardless, reasonable prices for launch week.

Anyone have any idea when the digital version is going to be made available? It's not up on PSN or Xbox as of now.

It is here (Brasil) and it wasn't a few hours ago. Keep checking The store should be out soon (Xbox One, I guess PS4 only when the store updates on tuesday).

CuteSpaceGoblin

Neo Member
The reviews are mostly accurate. Been playing it for a couple of days here (UK) with my 8yo son:

Twilight of the Republic campaign is much more fun and cinematic than the Marvel playsets for 2.0. Although the get a mission, work through a a mission, turn in a mission is still in play, they're much more scripted and directed than 1.0/2.0. Plus we're both Clone Wars/Rebels fans so seeing
Cad Bane in the Coruscant section of the campaign
was a treat. Found the coin for Zeb early on so can now play one of the two Rebels characters we picked up.

Performance is much improved on the XB1 relative to 2.0. Still the occasional frame rate drop and pop-in but nowhere near as bad as 2.0 on XB1 and 1.0 on WiiU was.

Combat is also vastly improved. Whilst younger players can still make progress by just mashing the attack button, the DMC/heavenly Sword style of combat can be quite rewarding to play. Juggling enemies in mid air, watching their health deplete with a slo-mo finish hasn't got old yet!

The directed tutorials for the Toy Box help introduce the tools and make the 'Infinity' aspect more accessible, especially for younger players. Picked up a set of Twilight of the Republic power discs and love the
texture/colour pallete for whatever planet from the Order 66 sequence with THAT music kick in!

Got Toybox Takeover free with the pre-order. Not tried that yet. Will use it for once we've maxed out the Twilight playset to tide us over until Rise Against The Empire and Lego Dimensions.

On the basis of the quality so far, both in standalone terms and as an evolution of 1.0/2.0, I can see us picking up the future playsets and probably Inside Out once we've seen the film.

Briarios

Picked up Sabine & Quorra at Target easy enough, but Walmart doesn't have any of the 3.0 stuff out in my area. Gonna pick up Mulan when BB opens in a minute.

I wish Nintendo could handle Amiibos as well.

Picked up Sabine & Quorra at Target easy enough, but Walmart doesn't have any of the 3.0 stuff out in my area. Gonna pick up Mulan when BB opens in a minute.

I wish Nintendo could handle Amiibos as well.

They were just putting out stuff at Walmart. Managed to grab Kannan. As soon as I hear my Zeb is ready, I'll go nab that.

Where's the OT, btw? Anyone know?

Top Bottom