• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age Inquisition Launch Trailer (hot) and Release Date (October 7th)

Vire

Who seriously thought "it's raining demons" was a good one liner to put in a trailer?

Aside from the atrocious writing and lipsyncing, this actually looks pretty good.
Hope the the script is better in the full game.

Face animations are a bit iffy and it all sounds a bit cliche, but still really looking forward to this. Kind of happy that Witcher 3 is going into 2015, gives time for both games.

Now I just need to find money to buy a PS4 or upgrade my computer before October :(

im probably a heathen, but i kinda hope KOTOR3 is more like this than DnD.

Give me the story and the choices, but Jedi Outcast gameplay. /swoon

Yaoibot

Who seriously thought "it's raining demons" was a good one liner to put in a trailer?

Aside from the atrocious writing and lipsyncing, this actually looks pretty good.
Hope the the script is better in the full game.

Uwe Boll was a consultant on the script.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
The only dwarf npc is lame ass Varric? Strike 2.

Tyrion_slaps_Joffrey.gif

Varric is fun. Though I wish we had another female Dwarf. Sigurn was great.

I liked DA2 a lot. I did play it before I played DA:O, however. DA2 isn't as bad as it's made out to be, you just gotta have your expectations right sized.

But, yeah, can't wait for this.

And the more Varric Tethras the better.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Wait, the Gray Warden may be a potential ally?

That would be tits.

Male only?

If you mean our Grey Warden from DAO as a potential companion, no. There will be most likely be a Grey Warden companion, but who he is exactly remains a mystery so far.

As for your Grey Warden from DAO, there is a high probability they will appear in the game for some major secondary quest line, if they survived the events of DAO that is.

Also, Iron Bull, more like Tiny Head.

MartyStu

The main character can be a male or female as a Human, Dwarf, Elf, or Qunari.

They're marketing the game with a male human though.

I was actually referring to the potential Warden character. Though I suppose we do not know enough about him.

If you mean our Grey Warden from DAO as a potential companion, no. There will be most likely be a Grey Warden companion, but who he is exactly remains a mystery so far.

As for your Grey Warden from DAO, there is a high probability they will appear in the game for some major secondary quest line, if they survived the events of DAO that is.

Thanks.

Although the trailer didn't do much for me (too generic hype movie-ish, if that exists) I'm" still considering purchasing this for the Playstation 3, once they release some more gameplay footage (guessing around E3) I'll probably make a final decision whether or not to pre-order; I am a bit disappointed that this isn't releasing around August/September, it's a lot later than I thought it'd be. EDIT: I like Varric.

Phinor

Weird. Eurogamer also updated their article now saying that they got the date from EA PR. Looks they are mistaken or there are different dates for UK and Germany.

UK and (most of the) rest of the Europe have had different release dates for EA games for years and years. UK release date is always Friday, most of the Europe is Thursday.

The fact that EA says European release date is on Friday just shows how clueless even they are regarding their own release dates.

Quentyn

Is the website also new? It is pretty well done. There is a timeline and a map that covers the events of the previous games and first infos on the character classes. Looks like there are again three specializations for each class. There is one for each revealed so far, but they already have icons for the other ones.

dP9GCvy.png

UUwYkiD.png

nQ7Z9Gq.png

Vire

A calamity that sends the entire world into ruin and you are the only one to survive as the "chosen one"...?

How very original of you Bioware. Man this story is going to suck.

Vamphuntr

Environments look really good in that trailer. Huge improvements from DA2. Animations are looking better too. Still curious about how it's going to play.

It seems to continue the ME3 tradition where the returning characters are the ones I actually didn't care about (Varric, really).

I was burned so badly by DA2 and ME3 that I will only get it when the price is going to be slashed though. Not falling for it again at full price.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Is the website also new? It is pretty well done. There is a timeline and a map that covers the events of the previous games and first infos on the character classes. Looks like there are again three specializations for each class. There is one for each revealed so far, but they already have icons for the other ones.

http://i.imgur.com/dP9GCvy.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UUwYkiD.png

http://i.imgur.com/nQ7Z9Gq.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Mmmmm...Knight Enchanter. That's my shit. I feel more and more like a Female Quarian Mage is going to be a good starting character over my normal Human Warrior I tend to roll first playthrough. Dorian is also a prime candidate for this, since neither Vivienne or Solas seems like the physical combat type.

Labadal

Despite not being particularly impressed with the trailer ( graphics and animation), I will pick this up.

Not expecting anything great but I hope to be proven wrong.

I liked the first, was disappointed with the second.

Bessy67

Mmmmm...Knight Enchanter. That's my shit. I feel more and more like a Female Quarian Mage is going to be a good starting character over my normal Human Warrior I tend to roll first playthrough. Dorian is also a prime candidate for this, since neither Vivienne or Solas seems like the physical combat type.

I believe you mean Qunari, unless you know something about a Mass Effect/Dragon Age crossover that you're not telling us...

I hope the only difference between 360/PS3 and XB1/PS4 is that the older consoles look worse. If that's the only difference, day one buy for me.

Quentyn

Yeah, I think I will make a mage as well. From the mages I only like Vivienne and I always had two mages, one rogue and one warrior in my party, so I have really no other choice. The choice for the other members will be tough though. I like all of the warrior characters and two of the rogue characters.

Top Bottom