• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age Inquisition Launch Trailer (hot) and Release Date (October 7th)

Same day as Alien and Mordor? That's going to be rough.

So the trailer goes into your entire party lineup? Guess I'll pass on watching this one then.

Kimaka

Finally, there is a release date. I can't say I'm all that excited about it. Graphics look nice but nothing they've shown outside of that looked interesting.

He's not even close to funny. The cringy one-liner in the trailer says it all really...

I agree. While Varric is by far one the least offensive DA2 party members, I didn't find him funny most of the time.

Cullen being or not being a love interest will cause a rift to form at the bsn. I'm hoping for 'not' as those tears will be the sweetest.

Trailer looks awesome but now that's it for previews/info for me. I don't want to know anything more until release which will be the first game I play on my yet to be acquired ps4 and it will be glorious. My Qunari Inquisitor awaits.

I'm pretty sure he was already confirmed as one.

Jetman

This, Arkham Knight, Shadows of Mordor, and Assassins Creed - all within a few days of each other? Now if Witcher 3 got pushed up to November, I'd completely be a recluse this winter.

Vire

uqwicy.gif

xwwvfw.gif

If only Dark Souls looked like this... :/

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I'm going off of the other thread, where it was presented as likely official art. See this post specifically.

If it's not official, then I'm a little confused on how they picked those specific nine, with the specific outfits.

Looked it up, it's fan art. They based it off all the official art and survey leaks that have been floating around.

IvorB

They're not being coy. To see combat in action:

Hmmm... alright then. Thanks for that. Video quality is rough but I see you can pause and assume direct control of party members. That's great news. I'm tentatively back on board.

KKRT00

Looks excellent, Frosbite 3 seems to be really outstanding engine, because jump from DA 2 to DA:I is enormous.
This trailer just made waiting for Mass Effect much harder ;\

Looking forward to some real gameplay, before I jump into DA:I, but i'm interested.

Rflagg

It will most likely be a day 1 purchase for me, but I really want to see more combat before I completely make up my mind.

foxtrot3d

Banned
He's not even close to funny. The cringy one-liner in the trailer says it all really...

Not funny maybe to you and people with no sense of humor, but to everyone else Varric is beyond awesome. Better than boring ass Sten, better than treacherous and weirdo Zevran, better than nagging old ass Wynne, clearly better than the piece of rock Shale, etc. Although he only just beats out Alistair.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Talk about a reboot. Man. That is how you get it done. Doesn't 'feel' anything like the previous Dragon Age games, and despite really enjoying them, I'm all for tactically redesigning games and worlds as time goes on. Take some risks. This surprisingly looks really well played.

That said, does data carry over into this game, how would that even work?
My saves are on my Xbox 360, which I haven't had hooked up in months.

I"m sure i'm LTTP, but how does data transfer work to the new consoles, if it even is?
I don't want to have to get the 360 version of this.

Patryn

Talk about a reboot. Man. That is how you get it done. Doesn't 'feel' anything like the previous Dragon Age games, and despite really enjoying them, I'm all for tactically redesigning games and worlds as time goes on. Take some risks. This surprisingly looks really well played.

I"m sure i'm LTTP, but how does data transfer work to the new consoles, if it even is?

They've got a new website called Dragon Age Keep where you can shape your world (i.e. make decisions from the previous games), and then import from that.

sensui-tomo

transfer system is going to be done through some computer app thats basically a save editor more or less(you pick what happens and its transfered to your EA account)

IvorB

Not funny maybe to you and people with no sense of humor, but to everyone else Varric is beyond awesome. Better than boring ass Sten, better than treacherous and weirdo Zevran, better than nagging old ass Wynne, clearly better than the piece of rock Shale, etc. Although he only just beats out Alistair.

Nah man, don't you be hating on Sten. I don't even remember Varric from the first game. I guess he wasn't in my party.

foxtrot3d

Banned
It's Leliana. I really like what they did to her design. It's a shame that she is not a playable character. It's possible that she is a love interest though,

I never liked Leliana, her religious fanaticism scares me. I expect to have many heated discussions with her about "The Maker" in the coming game.

Nah man, don't you be hating on Sten. I don't even remember Varric from the first game. I guess he wasn't in my party.

Varric is from DAII and you can replace Sten with a rock and have the same experience, that child murdering asshole.

I look forward to reading reviews extensively on that date...

Because I'm sure as hell not taking it on faith that this will be any good. You've fooled me too many times Bioware. My goodwill, and there was at one time a tremendous amount of it, is totally exhausted. I look forward to this game proving my deep skepticism wrong, but I have serious doubts that it will.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
transfer system is going to be done through some computer app thats basically a save editor more or less(you pick what happens and its transfered to your EA account)

for all consoles, i.e. is that going to be the primary transfer method? or will i really get a better experience if I go xbox 360>xbox 360?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
for all consoles, i.e. is that going to be the primary transfer method? or will i really get a better experience if I go xbox 360>xbox 360?

At this point in time, everyone regardless of saves you may have. They said they are exploring actual save imports into the DA Keep, never into the game itself, but the chance is unlikely given the unreliability of that kind of import and the variables it produces.

IvorB

Varric is from DAII and you can replace Sten with a rock and have the same experience, that child murdering asshole.

No, no, no you've got it all wrong, mate. Sten was deep. But different strokes for different folks I guess.

Never played part 2 so I guess that's why I don't remember Varric.

Squire

Banned
Looks excellent, Frosbite 3 seems to be really outstanding engine, because jump from DA 2 to DA:I is enormous.
This trailer just made waiting for Mass Effect much harder ;

Looking forward to some real gameplay, before jump into DA:I, but i'm interested.

DA2 was on the Lycium engine, which BioWare made themselves. That said, yeah, FB3 is a motherfucker. Oh baby.

If you remember all the choices you made and Keep is detailed enough to include them all, it shouldn't matter. They basically made this so you aren't confined to an old platform to okay Inquisition.

spekkeh

Banned
That's pretty cool. Last gen kicked off with the Elder Scrolls Oblivion, and now new gen kicks off with the Elder Scrolls Oblivion too.

Leliana looking great for someone who had to pick up her bloody decapitated corpse off the floor after I killed her in Origins. The Maker works wonders.

IvorB

I look forward to reading reviews extensively on that date...

Because I'm sure as hell not taking it on faith that this will be any good. You've fooled me too many times Bioware. My goodwill, and there was at one time a tremendous amount of it, is totally exhausted. I look forward to this game proving my deep skepticism wrong, but I have serious doubts that it will.

Yeah Bioware + EA combo means I will treat this release with extreme caution. But it's definitely on my radar.

Damn, it looks soooooo good. I'm so glad BioWare got the extra year to work on it.

Probably my most anticipated game right now. October can't come soon enough.

sensui-tomo

Depends on how well the games are optimized to say the least (so i wont say anything except probably pc being the best option) but yeah your old saves will not work unless they changed that(Which i have no sources telling me that's the case) so go play it on whatever your best hardware is. and yeah its basically going to be the primary transfer method due to the fact that the transfer save system for DAO -> anything afterwards was trash since it messed up alot(hell the flags got messed up in a transfer to DAO-> awakenings).

Will wait for reviews this time. Hope Leliana is a party member and not a NPC. Also, if I manage to buy it I will play stealthily because nobody will expect my inquisition.

It looks great but I don't fully trust the developer. I used to be a day 1 Bioware fanboy but no longer. I need to see a lengthy video of gameplay at E3.

ironcreed

Banned
It looks great but I don't fully trust the developer. I used to be a day 1 Bioware fanboy but no longer. I need to see a lengthy video of gameplay at E3.

They are still BioWare, though. I would not count their talent out. This game looks very strong. Like they are out to prove a point.

Top Bottom