• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age Inquisition Launch Trailer (hot) and Release Date (October 7th)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Hooded chick seems pretty hot so I guess she'll be my waifu.

Quentyn

It's Leliana. I really like what they did to her design. It's a shame that she is not a playable character. It's possible that she is a love interest though, Collen is not playable as well, but is rumored to be a love interest.

Lileanna_01_WM.jpg

robo

lelianna is a NPC i belive, not a party member. and she is the girl in the Hood according to the bioware forums.

Patryn

It's Leliana. I really like what they did to her design. It's a shame that she is not a playable character. It's possible that she is a love interest though, Collen is not playable as well, but is rumored to be a love interest.

From what I've read, Cullen is the ninth party member.

Drake

Good deal. I wasn't really too excited about this game because I thought the Witcher 3 was coming out this year, but with that game being pushed back to 2015 I'll need a different game to scratch that RPG itch. It'll be a day one purchase for me. Bioware can thank CD Projekt RED for that one.

I just played DA2 for the first time not too long ago. I didn't hate it as much as I thought, so I'm looking forward to this game. I've given up on hoping for DA:O combat (that's what I have Pillars of Eternity for), so I just hope this game is a solid RPG. As long as they don't make every dungeon the same then I'm sure this will be a good game. I'm officially hyped!

Are they giving us another Kelly Chambers?

So Bioware is now making Last Supper homages haha.

First thing I thought of too when I saw that picture.

So, clearly your character is jesus/savior, but I wonder if any other parallels could be drawn given the other's positions relative to TLS painting?

Left side:

Cassandra / John the Baptist
Solas / Judas
Cole / Peter
Varric / Andrew
Vivienne / James ('the Lesser')
Cullen / Bartholomew

Right side:

Iron Bull / Thomas
Mage / James ('the Greater')
Leliana / Philip
Sera / Matthew
Some Lady / Thaddeus
Grey Warden-looking guy / Simon

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
From what I've read, Cullen is the ninth party member.

Well from the full party shot all the companions we know of have weapons on them. Cullen does not, but Cole(or at least who assume is Cole) also has weapons. So I think Cullen is out and Cole is in. Which is in line with the statement that we will have 3 companions of each class and we already have 3 warriors with Cassandra, Iron Bull and Grey Warden guy, but only two Rogues so far with Varric and Sera. So Cole fits that role as another Rogue. Plus I don't like him so I'd rather he be just an adviser or representative of sorts.

TheHall

Fucking October man....

Mordor, Inquisition and Batman....

I think this bumps Mordor down in priority though...

Subitai

Also, looking back at the DA2 trailers for comparison, I started wondering...
Does anyone know what the deal is with Flemeth after she flys away in DA2? I thought it was surprising she wasn't narrating the trailer(s) again.

balohna

I may upgrade my PC for this, DAO is one of my favourite games ever and I even liked DA2 for what it was (though I also paid $10 for it, so that could be part of it...).

I'm sort of planning to get a PS4 as well though, so if this supports the touch pad for mouse-style stuff I may go with that and upgrade my PC later.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Graphically, it looks super slick. Animations seem top notch.

I just hope the combat is tactical and fun and not brain-dead button-mashy like in DA2.

Game needs to have depth to be fun.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Looks awesome, though I wonder if the "Cole" character on the left side with the blondish hair is the same Cole from the book "DA: Asunder," because if he is then that will be an interesting twist.

Asunder spoilers:
Cole is a demon of the Fade. In the book he forgot that he was a demon at some point taking the identity of "Cole" but in the end he fully remembers. He seems to be a good demon though.

I recognize the name Cullen from somewhere - was he a character in a previous game in the series?

He's from DAII, he was the Knight-Captain, second in command to Knight-Commander Meredith.

Scipio

Of all the playable characters returning they choose Varric?

Fucking. Varric. What a shame.

It could've been Morrigan, Zevran or Sten. But no, it HAD to be one of the godawful DA2.
I'll be awaiting the comments of other GAF'ers.

I wasn't going to buy this this year, then I heard The Witcher 3 is being pushed back to February. Looks like a day 1 for me. This, The Order (cautiously optimistic) and Destiny I think are my day 1s for this year, along with perhaps TLOU remastered.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I recognize the name Cullen from somewhere - was he a character in a previous game in the series?

Templar in the both Mage Circles in DAO and DA2. He wanted to kill everyone in DAO and was kind of the voice of reason in DA2 where he was second in command of the Kirkwall Circle under Knight Commander Meredith. There was a fair bit of interaction with him in both games, but he's always been a bore so no surprise you forgot him.

br3wnor

"Combat in Dragon Age: Inquisition seeks to merge the third-person fighting mechanics common to today's action-RPGs with a more strategic party-based approach reminiscent of earlier RPGs."

That'll be the key for me. Dragon Age was one of my favorite western RPG's gameplay wise, DA2 was hot garbage overall but the move to action battle system really killed it for me. I don't mind a happy medium, but I really hope they're genuine about implementing some more strategy "older school" elements because the trailer makes it seem very much like the DA2 battle system.

hemtae

Looks awesome, though I wonder if the "Cole" character on the left side with the blondish hair is the same Cole from the book "DA: Asunder," because if he is then that will be an interesting twist.

Asunder spoilers:
Cole is a demon of the Fade. In the book he forgot that he was a demon at some point taking the identity of "Cole" but in the end he fully remembers. He seems to be a good demon though.

He's from DAII, he was the Knight-Captain, second in command to Knight-Commander Meredith.

He was also in Origins. He had a crush on you if you were a female mage and was seen tortured by the rebel mages. He advocated for killing them all.

Patryn

He was in Dragon Age: Origins.

Well from the full party shot all the companions we know of have weapons on them. Cullen does not, but Cole(or at least who assume is Cole) also has weapons. So I think Cullen is out and Cole is in. Which is in line with the statement that we will have 3 companions of each class and we already have 3 warriors with Cassandra, Iron Bull and Grey Warden guy, but only two Rogues so far with Varric and Sera. So Cole fits that role as another Rogue. Plus I don't like him so I'd rather he be just an adviser or representative of sorts.

As for companions, from a previous thread we have this image that seemingly represents the party members:

tumblr_n1x51vkPfZ1qgyqveo5_r1_1280.png

We have confirmed the following members:

Vivienne
Varric
Cassandra
Iron Bull
Solas
The Gray Warden

So that leaves the first, the fifth, the sixth and the seventh in that image.

The first definitely looks like Cullen.

Graphically, it looks super slick. Animations seem top notch.

I just hope the combat is tactical and fun and not brain-dead button-mashy like in DA2.

Game needs to have depth to be fun.

The overhead tactical view from DA:O is coming back. That being said, the action is more fast paced than DA:O as there are dodge rolls and ranged weapons warriors can use to bring enemies closer to them.

Personally, I imagine I'll use tactical to position my mage and ranged rogue, give them targets and centers for AoE and run a tank in real-time myself. 3rd party member will just be up to who I like in terms of personality or abilities.

Of all the playable characters returning they choose Varric?

Fucking. Varric. What a shame.

It could've been Morrigan, Zevran or Sten. But no, it HAD to be one of the godawful DA2.
I'll be awaiting the comments of other GAF'ers.

Varric was the best member of that cast, IMO. So happy to see that he's back.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
He was in Dragon Age: Origins.

As for companions, from a previous thread we have this image that seemingly represents the party members:

http://37.media.tumblr.com/f710e7039875fec11b14482f758253bb/tumblr_n1x51vkPfZ1qgyqveo5_r1_1280.png[IMG]

We have confirmed the following members:

Vivienne
Varric
Cassandra
Iron Bull
Solas
The Gray Warden

So that leaves the first, the fifth, the sixth and the seventh in that image.

The first definitely looks like Cullen.[/QUOTE]

Is that official art, I always assumed it was fan made.

UrbanRats

Nah, that Vivienne girl, is hotter.

--

Anyway, didn't play any of the previous games, but this looks pretty cool to me, so i think, unless the reviews are/reception is absolute shit, i'll give it a shot.

BouncyFrag

Cullen being or not being a love interest will cause a rift to form at the bsn. I'm hoping for 'not' as those tears will be the sweetest.

Trailer looks awesome but now that's it for previews/info for me. I don't want to know anything more until release which will be the first game I play on my yet to be acquired ps4 and it will be glorious. My Qunari Inquisitor awaits.

Top Bottom