• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: The Veil Guard Reveal Trailer (Fall 2024)| Xbox Showcase

Draugoth

Gold Member
The art style and the character models, jeez, is this a fortnite crossover? I was a fool still dreaming DA4 would be good.

Draugoth Draugoth Lightning fast!

lightningspeed.jpg

What on earth have they done to dragon age?

This is an abomination.

iC6UIhL.png

Reactions: Isa

Mozzarella

I recently rewatched Origins' trailer and when comparing it to what we got I feel like crying or something.

Compared to CDPR trailers this looks bad as well.
This looks like those anime AMVs lol, but yeah still better than the new trailer.

DelireMan7

I only played Origins but I am curious about the series.

Several time during the trailer I was wondering "Is this the trailer for Dragon Age 4 or a spin off à la "Fortnite/Apex legend.."?"

Not excited at all for it

Puscifer

What on earth have they done to dragon age?

This is an abomination.
This should've been the question since the 2nd game was basically a beat em up with cooldowns.

Several time during the trailer I was wondering "Is this the trailer for Dragon Age 4 or a spin off à la "Fortnite/Apex legend.."?"

I got serious Fortnite/Inglorious Basterds vibes from it and not in a good way.

Last edited:

simpatico

DAO is so good I'd still be willing to retcon everything after it and reboot a proper sequel. The amount of potential lost in that lore is immeasurable. I really wish we could find a legal way to jail the people responsible for this. Simple professional failure doesn't seem harsh enough for the art they're destroying.

Trunim

I don't know, they make trailers like this nowadays, but the game might still be good. All I want is a good world filled with lore, quests and romance options.

T4keD0wN

I was confused on why they were showing a mobile game, so this is actually Dragon Age 4 Dreadwolf?
lucious lyon wtf GIF

It looks like an indie game from a brand new studio, but i guess current bioware is practically a brand new studio given that almost everyone from their "good era" is gone.

Last edited:

stn

Looks like trash. I really hope the actual gameplay is good, but this awful Fortnite/shitty humor mixup is such a turn-off. There was so much awesome lore they could explore and they instead gave us this.

Reactions: Isa

Drake

yikes, i think bioware is in a dangerous spot now.
yeah, like is this it for Bioware? When this game inevitably flops what does EA do with them? They haven't come out with anything good since Mass Effect 3 and even that was not great. Their last amazing game was Mass Effect 2 back in 2010.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I lost internet during this trailer and thought it was a hero PvP game based on what I saw before disconnect. Please tell me this isn’t DA? 🤦‍♂️

Outlier

I had a bad feeling when they changed the subtitle.

No gameplay so I'll reserve judgment on the game, but the trailer however....
Yep it's wokist propagarbage. Was there a single white person in there? Varik and Harding don't count, as they're Dwarves (I consider them a different species, since no race mixing in fantasy lore).

As for who that mysterious hero is? Y'all better them a CIS GENDER STRAIGHT WHITE MALE!
J/k :^P

But seriously, WTF was that lame trailer?

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
yeah, like is this it for Bioware? When this game inevitably flops what does EA do with them? They haven't come out with anything good since Mass Effect 3 and even that was not great. Their last amazing game was Mass Effect 2 back in 2010.
Mass Effect: Andromeda and Anthem are the only games BioWare has developed in the last decade. If they’re allowed to continue existing after their third flop in a row, it means someone at BioWare has some serious dirt on EA’s executives.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I had a bad feeling when they changed the subtitle.

No gameplay so I'll reserve judgment on the game, but the trailer however....
Yep it's wokist propagarbage. Was there a single white person in there? Varik and Harding don't count, as they're Dwarves (I consider them a different species, since no race mixing in fantasy lore).

As for who that mysterious hero is? Y'all better them a CIS GENDER STRAIGHT WHITE MALE!
J/k :^P

But seriously, WTF was that lame trailer?
Why wouldn't the dwarves count? I mean they had an African-American elf in the trailer so there's no reason dwarves can't be black either. Just look at the amazingly wonderful Rings of Power show with their dwarf queen.

Outlier

Why wouldn't the dwarves count? I mean they had an African-American elf in the trailer so there's no reason dwarves can't be black either. Just look at the amazingly wonderful Rings of Power show with their dwarf queen.
Haha. I personally don't count them because they are not human and as far as I've seen they also don't race mix with the others (like half-elves).

Top Bottom