• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: The Veil Guard Reveal Trailer (Fall 2024)| Xbox Showcase

diffusionx

Gold Member
This was seriously one of the worst reveals I’ve ever seen for any game, especially considering the franchise it’s in. It is just mind-bogglingly bad in every respect. Looks like shit, totally cringe, marvel quips, characters look stupid, formula is played out, to think they spent $200+ million on this says a lot.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Its a fantasy game. There is no reason for there not to be diversity. Less than 12% of the worlds population is white, and so many people on this forum upset that a fantasy game set in another world has character diversity. Just lol
Really strange for you to pick this of all games to shill, after that video trailer. Like, bro, there are good RPGs out just play those instead of simping for this crap.

Luipadre

Gold Member
In game picture of the capital. Hype!
GPq4b-XXYAAEDve

GPrD-qSawAAgpCC

GPrErekbIAA7rHF
Now we are talking...

hidaaan

Neo Member
The trailer looked really interesting! I haven't played any of the earlier Dragon Age games (got one of them for free on EGS) - would I need to play any of them to enjoy this one based on the trailer?

Fbh

Looks terrible as expected.
As I said in the reveal thread, the only hope for this game is that the gameplay is really really solid

Reactions: Isa
I was randomly recommended this on YouTube today, and I didn't know a new game was in development. I have played dragon age 1 and I thought it was terrific.

This is possibly the worst trailer I've ever seen.

It has all of the typical tropes of modern trailers like using crummy and inappropriate cover music, and then the entire atmosphere of the universe was turned upside down.

hyperbertha

This is going to be cancelled lol. They better if they have any sense. Or they'll have a disaster worse than suicide sqd in their hands. And bioware is going to be shuttered.

Last edited:
An abomination of a game. Marvel movies and Fortnite have just destroyed so much talent in the western development scene. It's insane how so many designers and creatives draw inspiration from them and how bad most of it is. How long is it going to take for us to get over this hump 😑

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Shinobi is not one to overhype a game. From everything I have seen, he is a very reserved leaker. Not hyperbolic at all

I trust him more than I do some mediocre CGI trailer. Also, other insiders have confirmed the Dragon Age has come along nicely

So what you’re saying is that instead of forming an opinion based off a trailer that you can watch with your two own eyes, you dismiss it as rubbish and follow the word of someone on Twitter saying it’s good with the source being “dude trust me bro”.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to use a pop song to sell fantasy should be fired - talk about missing the point. People like fantasy because they want to get away from things like pop.

And what a lame bunch of companions. Of course not one beautiful woman because why have that in fantasy - obviously those two things don't go together at all.

Last edited:
There should be something in place to say that any sequels in an established franchise like this have to follow the correct artstyle, tone, etc than the originals. Otherwise you end up with complete garbage like this where they've clearly just made a pile of shit and slapped the name on it to move more copies. Luckily, it looks like people won't be buying this, and I hope this bombs fucking HARD.

I thought this was an ad for a “hero shooter” with a fantasy setting until I saw that it was Dragon Age.

Let’s hope the game is good, but for now, I expect a piece of shit.

So what you’re saying is that instead of forming an opinion based off a trailer that you can watch with your two own eyes, you dismiss it as rubbish and follow the word of someone on Twitter saying it’s good with the source being “dude trust me bro”.
Tuesday, you will see

Life Diff

Neo Member
Teehee we might run in to Darkspawn
Bruh kill me, can Owlcat games pick up the IP please? Might actually get a sequel to Origins worth a shit

Filben

The fuck did I just watch? Why does it have to be purple? Saint's Row meets Fortnite? What's with the quips and that trash song at the end?

This isn't Dragon Age. And then they wonder why this game is gonna bomb.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I hope someone makes a mod for Origins and instead of the regular visions the Archdemon gives you it's just this trailer.

Really strange for you to pick this of all games to shill, after that video trailer. Like, bro, there are good RPGs out just play those instead of simping for this crap.
Nah, I just like trolling all the transphobes who desperately want this game to fail, and that was before any trailer was released

blue velvet

Who needs dragon age anymore when you have baldur's gate and divinity series? The gameplay mechanics might not be exactly the same but I seriously doubt bioware is capable making a game with so much depth these days. There hasn't been a good Dragon Age game since the first one, DA2 and Inquisition were both meh at best. And their last good game was Mass Effect 2 released almost 15 years ago.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
The comments for the video are hilarious and pretty much echoes what everyone is saying here.

I definitely agree the trailer is off putting but the game might still be good. I like the idea of a highly advanced, magically speaking, city so that could be really fun to explore.

Well, my roommate is transgender and I still think the trailer was pretty much garbage.
Yeah, it is not a good trailer. And I'm not talking about everybody here, but there are a lot who want this game to be terrible. There was a thread a few days on the games announcement. Everybody there was bashing it for having a transgender director. Just openly hoping the game fails miserably. The game may suck, the director may suck too. IDK, I have not played it. But at least I hope it is great

Ogbert

An abomination of a game. Marvel movies and Fortnite have just destroyed so much talent in the western development scene. It's insane how so many designers and creatives draw inspiration from them and how bad most of it is. How long is it going to take for us to get over this hump 😑
Nothing wrong with Fortnite.

It’s not for me, but as an actual game, it’s brilliant.

I am all for them making whatever they want to, because they wil fail and go out of business. I don't care if the game has a transgender director but I do care if that person's politics are forced into the game. If I go to a restaurant and I ask for a steak and I get a lecture from the server because they're a vegan then that's a problem. It's what defenders still don't understand. They are projecting their own superficial prejudice on others. They see someone's sexuality, race and gender as the most important thing so I must also. Its because I don't is why I think the way I do.

Top Bottom