• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 7 and 8 for 3DS show up on Amazon [Update: Confirmed]

Toth

It's so hard to believe it is actually happening. My guess was the mobile iOS versions now being available to maximize sales (both will likely share the same translations) was the big reason.

nikos

iOS version of VIII doesn't have the extra content the 3DS version has because it'd older unfortunately. Just a heads up since you might still want to play the mobile version but I'd hold out

Thanks for the heads up! I'll probably wait for the 3DS version.

noshten

I will gladly eat crow until I throw up. Never though I would see the day. There's part of me that still can't compute that it's real after all these years of abuse. I guess I can finally retire this list of threads...

Day -1000000000000000000 purchases.

Now I can only complain about the inevitable complete lack of any advertising these games will get.

I'm really happy for you dude, thats the type of crow anyone would want to eat

Scum

hqdefault.jpg

lewisgone

I haven't really had the time for video games recently and nothing is coming out soon that I desperately want, but seeing these games get announced, at the same time, made me insanely happy. I can't wait for them to be released. Thanks to whoever at Square Enix and Nintendo finally made this happen.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
In for both on Day ONE. Never played either.

Grunkle

Banned
The description for DQVII on the Amazon listing is really messed up lol:

To restore light to the world, team up with the mysterious creature Midna and embrace the darkness to transform into a divine wolf.
Fight through labyrinthine dungeons, survive puzzling traps, and meet a cast of characters you'll never forget in this legendary Zelda adventure.
You can also get an exclusive Wolf Link / Midna amiibo and add bonuses to this title and the upcoming Legend of Zelda game for Wii U, launching in 2016.

It's the description of LoZ TP HD.

Zee-Row

Banned
I guess translating DQ7 was possible after all? I wonder how close it will be to the PS1 original outside of the standard magic and attack names that are standardized now?

kurahador

OH MY GOD!!!!!! The only one left now is DQX MMO which looks hopeful considering DQ Heroes is coming to PC.

2016 looking up to be the best year EVER!!!

Raw64life

BUT I JUST SOLD MY FUCKING 3DS

I was so close to selling my 3DS but I wanted to figure out a way to back up all my game saves to my PC so I could replay the games on emulators in the future. Thank god I was too lazy to get around to figuring out how to do that before this announcement.

magnetic

This makes me really happy, which is weird, since I usually kinda get bored halfway through any given DQ game.

I find them pretty repetitive, and yet I still need one if these once in a while. They make me nostalgic even though I never played them as a kid - I guess they remind me of my SNES RPG phase as a kid.

Will buy both and start playing my copy of VI DS as celebration!

Isn't 7 considered being one of the better DQ games?

I think I'll pass on 8. I remember reading the port is a bit wonky and I already have the ps2 version.

Daouzin

So hyped! Glad I didn't replay DQ7 on PSOne all the way through. I want to allow the remake to feel as "new" as possible.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
OH MY GOD!!!!!! The only one left now is DQX MMO which looks hopeful considering DQ Heroes is coming to PC.

2016 looking up to be the best year EVER!!!

And the Rocket Slime and 2 Monster spin offs... I tbink a Monster Joker 3 was also announced? But this is a start :)

Sophia

Isn't 7 considered being one of the better DQ games?

I think I'll pass on 8. I remember reading the port is a bit wonky and I already have the ps2 version.

Opposite, it's actually one of the more controversial games due to it's extreme length.

DQ 3, 5, and 8 are usually the ones held in high esteem.

Top Bottom