• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 7 and 8 for 3DS show up on Amazon [Update: Confirmed]

Jhoan

Definitely stoked for both games that it's gonna be a day one purchase. Hopefully Summer 2016 means in June. Next year is shaping up to be a great year for RPGs.

I don't make enough money for all these amazing announcements.... But these are guaranteed purchases!!! I literally squealed with delight when they were shown.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Nintendo and Dragon Quest fans has got no excuse now. Buy them if you want future DQ Nintendo games to come to the west!

ZeroX03

Banned
What I've played of Dragon Quest I haven't liked, but I picked up Heroes and I'll pick up these just to support the series anyway. Anything for potentially more of the Monsters titles.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Amazing. Dragon Quest has had astonishing support from NOA going back to day one, it's great that it's continuing.

sexybeam.jpg

R0ckman

8 is in my top 10 GOAT, will definitely get the 3DS version. This is excellent, 3DS library is ending with a HELL of a bang.

These come close to finally establishing the 3DS as my favorite Nintendo handheld ever. Monsters 1&2 and XI coming over too would seal the deal.

2016 is going to be insane for RPG fans and 3DS owners.

I wonder if these classic lines from the PS1 original will get reused? The slime sure had a dirty mouth!

dw7-40_zpsexmi9cq7.jpg

dw7-41_zpsyiw2snwm.jpg

Despite some inconsistencies and a load of typos, the psx translation of Dragon Quest VII was really charming and downright funny at times. Like when you first encounter slimes and Maribel says "Their rythmic jiggling is making me quesy." Plus every time you advanced in the story, everybody got new lines. The script for that game must have been enormous. Probably my favorite DQ

Tiktaalik

Given the effort required for its translation combined with the series' weak popularity in the west, I'm actually pretty damn surprised we're getting DQ7. Surely this is up there with most unlikely releases (at least in the last few generations).

Joqu

Oh man, I'm so happy right now. Definitely pre-ordering both. The 3DS is going out with a bang.

I'm now hopeful for the 3DS version of XI coming to the west.

It really is if you're a JRPG fan. I couldn't be happier.

Don't know how I'll find the time to play all these beautiful games though. ;_;

You guys made me realize there's a chance they will add regionalisms and accents to VII's localization.

Playing Heroes with Japanese voices and English subtitles made that shit so jarring.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I promised myself I'd never go through the US version of DW VII again because of how long it took. I might have relented if it had a PSone Classic release on Vita because of the portability, but I'm so happy to get an updated version of this game next year. VIII is just a cherry on top.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Now Nintendo, please don't half ass it like DQ4.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, didn't know the DS DQs were so expensive. 😧

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I'm kind of wondering if Nintendo will bother recording new English lines (Heroes used a soundalike for Jessica for example) for the new content or just leave that mute in VIII, which got Japanese voice acting for the first time on 3DS.

Top Bottom