• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 7 and 8 for 3DS show up on Amazon [Update: Confirmed]

Zee-Row

Banned
sclc089ubojy.gif

She looks familiar.

Zee-Row

Banned
Despite some inconsistencies and a load of typos, the psx translation of Dragon Quest VII was really charming and downright funny at times. Like when you first encounter slimes and Maribel says "Their rythmic jiggling is making me quesy." Plus every time you advanced in the story, everybody got new lines. The script for that game must have been enormous. Probably my favorite DQ

Yeah I think even when basic NPCs told you something your party would always have something to say about it. It was a pretty awesome script that was never boring.

Foffy

Banned
Is this why Square went after the fan translation of DQ VII that tried to inject the PS1 script? It seemed weird why they'd go after that game.

Today, it makes sense why.

dragonknight337

Neo Member
hnnng, DQ7! Preordered this at the speed of light.
All my prayers and nagging in those CN surveys finally come to fruition.... so happy ;_;

Excited to see all the changes from the PS1 version for myself.

gaiages

Banned
I have prayed for this day

Thank you based Nintendo ;~;

For real though this is super awesome, I was starting to think they'd never come over.

Day one purchases for me :)

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I have prayed for this day

Thank you based Nintendo ;~;

For real though this is super awesome, I was starting to think they'd never come over.

Day one purchases for me :)

This has got to be one of the longest waits for a successful localization of the exact same product (i.e. same console and same single release) that has ever happened, since this will be early Summer 2016 when DQVII 3DS came out in February 2013 it might even beat Magic Knight Rayearth by a couple months, and that game had lost source code slowing things down and ended up being the final Saturn game released outside Japan. Vic Ireland of Working Designs is a Gaffer who could probably say more about that.

So 3 1/2 years! Day one for me.

Yeah, I already dealt with that on mobile. Even with better controls I don't think I want that.

All in on VII. No question.
The question is where you guys are getting the idea that VIII 3DS is choppy. Worse looking? Slightly, yeah. Choppy? No. The battles are also easily smoother than the NA/EU PS2 versions.

Probably already said but did anyone else notice the product description? lol

"A dark force, shrouded in twilight, has invaded the vast land of Hyrule."

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT

My face right now

dragon-quest-slime-image-01.png

LordofPwn

Another DQVIII thread another disappointed me that it's not for a sony device. Maybe during PSX... 3DS users enjoy, i'm happy for you.

Bitanator

All you people saying you will get VII and not VIII, no, you will get both god dammit, you ever want any of these games here again you will get both. Use the unwanted one as a coaster for you soft drink for all I care

fates

WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

LEFT IS RIGHT, UP IS DOWN

DRAGON QUEST VII 3DS!? POKEMON RGBY ARE COMING BACK??

SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME

Bitanator

Another DQVIII thread another disappointed me that it's not for a sony device. Maybe during PSX... 3DS users enjoy, i'm happy for you.

I'm not sure you would enjoy it on a sony device either my friend, you clearly have bad eyes to not see "for 3DS" before you opened the thread

Lothar

Banned
Despite some inconsistencies and a load of typos, the psx translation of Dragon Quest VII was really charming and downright funny at times. Like when you first encounter slimes and Maribel says "Their rythmic jiggling is making me quesy." Plus every time you advanced in the story, everybody got new lines. The script for that game must have been enormous. Probably my favorite DQ

This is why even though I love DQ7, I most likely will not be getting the remake. I don't want the translation changed at all. I love it. It was my favorite dialogue out of any RPG on PS1.

Edit: Oh, just 3DS anyway. I just noticed that. I don't have a 3DS.

Wensih

This is fucking amazing! I just got home and watching a rerun of the direct. It's what we've been waiting for! 2016 is looking like a crazy 3DS year. It's going out with a bang!

Top Bottom