• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma Online revealed - PS3/PS4/PC, MMO-ish, F2P, 4-player parties

KePoW

Banned
I apologize in advance but I just saw this thread and have not read all 21 pages. But is this Deep Down or is that a separate game??

vg260

You will know if it's done well because you can play the game for free. If that's too much time for you to spend with a game, then you can just wait for like, 2 days, and you will have your answer on microtransactions.

And I have no idea why you are making this more complicated than it is. Balance the game like a normal RPG, give the players equipment that is on their level, and let them buy higher level equipment if they want to progress faster. Done.

Well, agree to disagree then. :) IMHO, when the game is free and their income is solely tied to selling microtransactions, I simply cannot see how they can make balancing decisions without eliminating the microtransaction variable from the overall equation, and that's a problem to me. They will never be independent, or maybe they can, but we'll never know. Purely cosmetics, I can handle, but not that.

So Capcom won't release this game in the West. They don't like money or what? It's a fucking MMO-ish , cross-gen,F2P and online-only...Fuck that!
Is Deep Down releasing in the West at least ? Edit: yeah it was shown at E3 but still...

Yeah, that AAA game that every fan wanted. I guess you're right, if THAT didn't come out here then this little game will not either, I mean, this looks like something I'd play on Facebook or something, such a nothing game.

I'm sure there hasn't been a Japanese MMO for a huge franchise that didn't release in the west recently :p

Interfectum

F2P? MMO? Cross-gen?

giphy.gif

So Capcom won't release this game in the West. They don't like money or what? It's a fucking MMO-ish , cross-gen,F2P and online-only...Fuck that!
Is Deep Down releasing in the West at least ? Edit: yeah it was shown at E3 but still...

We dont know.

They did register trademarks in the west so its possible we will get this

I'm glad it's cross gen at the very least. At least the PS4 version will run well...

I'm sure there hasn't been a Japanese MMO for a huge franchise that didn't release in the west recently :p
From Capcpom? The last one they announced is already coming...

MH I guess has an MMO that never came out here (at least I don't think so), and I wouldn't really compare MH with DD...

Kyoufu

Seriously people, why the hell would they make a PC version if they didn't want to release it outside Japan at some point?

Not that I doubt this'll see a localisation at some point, but you do realise there are notable PC versions of games not available outside of Japan right?

Top Bottom