• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotland Open on the second tour level is killing me right now. I can't get a "clean" run because the game is sensitive as hell.

BTW the Audi TT RS is beast and very fun to drive

i havent checked this thread for the past 12 hrs or so. are the 3 pre-order cars able to be downloaded yet or still get the error code.

Also i was connected lastnight got my group to L2. and i think it sucks that the group unlock cars are locked when not connected to the servers.

Kojaq

I don't understand why driveclub is getting so much flak it's a bloody good racer, I've had a blast with it so far bar the server issues. The handling and the feel for the cars are spot on for me, couldn't be more happier for a full price Aussie purchase.

KumaJG

I don't understand why driveclub is getting so much flak it's a bloody good racer, I've had a blast with it so far bar the server issues. The handling and the feel for the cars are spot on for me, couldn't be more happier for a full price Aussie purchase.

It is not Forza sum it up

OMG thus game is such a blast to play. I just did my first non rookie race with a lotus and the sheer sense of speed is absolutely intense!!!

It's day 3 now of not playing the game, lol. Will wait till servers are up, good thing I have other games with more coming on the way to play until the servers get their shit together.

baconcow

Package arrived. Hesitated, but opened it. At the price of $39.99 CAD, I felt it was worth the risk.

Game feels good. I suck at drifting. AI definitely has a rubber band / magnetic feel to them, but i feel it works for an arcade racer. I think I need to recalibrate my plasma because the game seems awfully dark. In the character creation screen, I can barely see the face of the white characters. Having the gane suddenly get dark is the best racing experience in it. I cannot wait for rain and snow. It will make for a new experience. I hope they include some events to go along with the weather update.

So I tried out the Ferrari California for the first time. Naturally in Norway at night. Going crazy fast at 100+ mph in this beautiful map with my headphones making the car roar in my ears is pretty much the highlight of owning a PS4 for me so far. I fucking love this game, and it's so strange to me since I've never been a big racing game fan. Here's some pictures I took during that. Reminder to anyone who wasn't played the game yet: The game always looks a million times better in motion and screenshots do it a great disservice.
CJSRnOJ.jpg

5uNwAPP.jpg

jJMtdpl.jpg
First time seeing black bars in my screenshots.. I think it's because I tried my PS4 on another TV to show the game off and I had to mess with the settings to make black bars go away on the screen itself. I need to change it back.

Nafai1123

Banned
I'm trying to be patient but every time I come from work after reading on GAF about people getting online I get my hopes up only to find I still can't connect at all. It's getting very frustrating.

I'm trying to be patient but every time I come from work after reading on GAF about people getting online I get my hopes up only to find I still can't connect at all. It's getting very frustrating.
I feel you. I've been teased several times by getting online but not able to get in a actual match. Going to rage if I can't play when I get off work

Remf

Package arrived. Hesitated, but opened it. At the price of $39.99 CAD, I felt it was worth the risk.

Game feels good. I suck at drifting. AI definitely has a rubber band / magnetic feel to them, but i feel it works for an arcade racer. I think I need to recalibrate my plasma because the game seems awfully dark. In the character creation screen, I can barely see the face of the white characters. Having the gane suddenly get dark is the best racing experience in it. I cannot wait for rain and snow. It will make for a new experience. I hope they include some events to go along with the weather update.

Yeah, check the brightness setting on your tv as well. Ran into that issue when I bought my tv. What I did was find a part of the game that is at its drakest and kicked up the brightness until it's the way it should look.

Is anyone using the Thrustmaster t80? I'm thinking about getting one. It'd be nice to get the force feedback wheel but I'm feeling pretty cheap after buying the game + season pass.

Yeah, I've never even come close to possibly maybe kindof connecting in any way. Its been a complete server flatline from the Tuesday's midnight PST launch til right this second. At this point I'm starting to believe this game never really had an online component to it ever, never ever, and its just a story told to troll fans of the game ;p

boingball

Still offline. Was online for 1min or so in the first hour after it went live, enough to lock my club name, not enough to join a club.

I don't understand the stupidity of game designers locking single player functionality behind online connectivity (I don't want to race online, but I want to race in a club to unlock all cars). DriveAlone# would be a much better product than DriveClub#.

Kilau

Were there rules about who sets up each GAF club or should the first person that can get online create it and invite the others?

I feel like the servers are starting to slowly rise from the dead...

Even though theyre still broken, the amount of people in here I've seen either racing online or at least managing to connect is way more than yesterday (almost none). Gives me hope...

Edit: for the record I haven't even had a sniff of connection since the game unlocked :/

Turned off the hud for the first time and daaamn son. Im having a blast, and sure itll be even better when the servers get running. Still havent gotten drifting down though, any tips?

23qwerty

lol

Aliasing is a DEFINITE issue but besides that the game is indescribably good looking. Just wish they would fix that AA.

Mhm, hopefully they can do something about it, but when the stars align there is 0 visible aliasing and it looks straight out of the pre-release video. Absolutely incredible.

Got my copy today. This is exactly what I wanted and expected. Could do with more cars but man, it is nice to have a racing ass racing game.

That Norway track with all the tunnels god damn

VanWinkle

Mhm, hopefully they can do something about it, but when the stars align there is 0 visible aliasing and it looks straight out of the pre-release video. Absolutely incredible.

Yeah sometimes I'll be in Norway and Canada, and you can't see any aliasing, and it's just the most miraculous thing.

10658815_10154686014040626_3991407312714650518_o.jpg

Found myself grinding trying to get those achievement things in every race, it's been awhile since I've obsessed over a racing game and that was back in GT3.

VanWinkle

Found myself grinding trying to get those achievement things in every race, it's been awhile since I've obsessed over a racing game and that was back in GT3.

Oh man, when I was like 12 I bought GT2 at Montgomery Ward with some birthday money and I CONSTANTLY played that game. My best friend and I would trade the sim and arcade discs back and forth each week, lol. Never obsessed over a racing game again until Burnout Paradise and those two will probably forever be my most played in that genre.

Dominator

So how's everyone driving? Cockpit view? Hood view? Rear facing view?

I like seeing the entire car when I play so I've been using the zoomed rear facing view.

VanWinkle

Man I kinda want to be in a GAF club but I can't commit to races because of my weird work and life schedule. I play at very random times. Is there anybody that would want to be in a club that's just six people who somewhat casually play the game and help earn fame for each other and unlocks and maybe do club challenges sometimes and stuff?

So how's everyone driving? Cockpit view? Hood view? Rear facing view?

I like seeing the entire car when I play so I've been using the zoomed rear facing view.

I've almost ALWAYS been a chase cam kind of guy, but I am LOVING the dashboard cam in this game, like in the shots I've been posting. I loving seeing the reflections in the windshield, and I get more screen space devoted to the road/environment.

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask but I'm trying to decide between this or Shadow of Mordor. I was going to use PS+ edition to decide but wellm...you know.

Just played my first online race. I was frst by a second. It lagged me into 2nd place after the race. I was even first on the leaderboard then it jumped the guy ahead.

:/ time to go again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom