• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

So, from the sounds of it... everything's running now? 100% or still small issues? The times I got on last night, I was logged in but none of the extra features were working (like leaderboards).

Do not pay attention to any reviews

Just watch this clip I made of me doing a hot lap with the Ferrari 458 and no hud.

if this doesn't sell you on the game then I don't know what will...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF9W6rQ0c8g
The looking around at the start makes it. Nice run!

So, from the sounds of it... everything's running now? 100% or still small issues? The times I got on last night, I was logged in but none of the extra features were working (like leaderboards).

The looking around at the start makes it. Nice run!

Hahahaha no...I'm "connected" but nothing is working :/

Gonna see if I can even get into a race

DOWN

Banned
lol

Aliasing is a DEFINITE issue but besides that the game is indescribably good looking. Just wish they would fix that AA.

Mhm, hopefully they can do something about it, but when the stars align there is 0 visible aliasing and it looks straight out of the pre-release video. Absolutely incredible.

Yeah sometimes I'll be in Norway and Canada, and you can't see any aliasing, and it's just the most miraculous thing.

10658815_10154686014040626_3991407312714650518_o.jpg

AA is not a big issue. The game has great tricks in place that make the subtle motions of the camera smooth out or motion blur lots of edges that have aliasing in still moments. There's a number of situations where it looks like the promo gameplay and incredibly smooth because there are certain conditions that make the visuals excel.

jobrro

So how's everyone driving? Cockpit view? Hood view? Rear facing view?

I like seeing the entire car when I play so I've been using the zoomed rear facing view.

Always have prefered third person view so have going between the two third person views. Currently using the one which is further from the car.

One thing driving games really make me appeciate is how improved the rumble technology is this gen, feeling such subtle things like the changing of gears is incredible.

GodofWine

I would pay good money for an Isle of Man TT game in this game engine...they have guys from criterion there and their motorcycles in Burnout paradise were sooo good...it would be horrifyingly fun.

I just wanna say the MP race I just did was fantastic. Intense and completely lag free, felt just like a single player race (except way more chaotic lol)

Oh man.

I thought the single player was addicting and tense but online is nuts. Just wish people stopped trying to ram me off the road at the start.

Kemal86

I've been trying to buy this game for 2 days now. Ugh.

When I add funds to my PSN Wallet via PayPal, I get a message "There may be a delay in processing your transaction." 2 days later and nothing. I tried to add just 5$ today to see if it would go through, got the same message on the PSN Account page. There's no record of the attempted purchase anywhere - not on my PSN Transaction History or on my PayPal account. Ugh. Scared to keep trying in case I get charged multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom