• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very curious to find out why

Are you referring to the PS4 screenshots? If so, it's because of a low bitrate/insane compression. For example: The PS4 in video mode records at a 14Mbps bitrate (Or somewhere near that) -- which isn't really the best looking. The same goes for the compressed screenshots. They will never come out perfectly sharp and that's a sad reality with the PS4.

If this isn't what you were referring to, I apologize and please disregard. :)

viveks86

lol, why do you feel dumb? nothing wrong with liking your job.

u wot m8?

Are you referring to the PS4 screenshots? If so, it's because of a low bitrate/insane compression. For example: The PS4 in video mode records at a 14Mbps bitrate (Or somewhere near that) -- which isn't really the best looking. The same goes for the compressed screenshots. They will never come out perfectly sharp and that's a sad reality with the PS4.

If this isn't what you were referring to, I apologize and please disregard. :)

Yeah I know that. But think about it. It's not the first time people are sharing PS4 screenshots. Why is this game alone requiring an explanation from people who played the game that it looks far better on their TVs? It's weird. And I want to know why.

Then what would you say is great about the image quality in those screenshots?

Here's a random screenshot I picked from the post for reference:

Who 's "they"? What are you talking about? People who are looking forward to Driveclub but don't have to defend every single thing about it?

I see what you're saying but that's by far the worse pic he posted. i think the others look great, the game in motion at least from the gamersyde.com should look incredible. here is a pic from the beta, maybe it kinda has too much motion blur but the IQ is good.
20140830143312112.jpg

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Since my dad's birthday is also on the 8th, i figured i could buy (preorder) him the white Amazon Driveclub/PS4 bundle. Which i did. I just hope he likes the game, he plays nothing else but racing games.

Ibuki

Banned
Consider me hyped, I'm going to reserve the game tomorrow. I'm still tempted to pre-load it and get the digital version... but then again physical is always awesome.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
"but son, where's the driving wheel?"

I bought him one for GT6. He gave it back to me the other week, saying hell stick to the DS controller, ( my mother was always bitching around having this "thing" in fromt of the tv every other night so...) :/

Now i have a wheel, but i can't use it on the PS4!!!

I don't get the hype for this game. The visuals, which almost everyone seems to be drooling over are not that great. The visuals seem to be very inconsistent and there are better looking racing games out already.

hawk2025

I probably would have preferred for them to scale back other elements and keep the image quality pristine like another certain racing game, but whatcha gonna do.

At the risk of going there...

I have only played the demo so far, but is the pixel crawling and LOD issues gone from the final version? It was immediately apparent to me. I did not see a pristine IQ at all.

I'll be disappointed if DC is anywhere near that level of IQ issues to be honest.

Ibuki

Banned
i prefer physical too, but the PSN version is ten dollars cheaper.

I can get it for 55, but I would also get 3 extra cars... Major bonus would be I can return a game I haven't opened and pay it in full. I could potentially just buy PSN cards as well. I will have to come to a final decision tomorrow.

Ape

Banned
I don't get the hype for this game. The visuals, which almost everyone seems to be drooling over are not that great. The visuals seem to be very inconsistent and there are better looking racing games out already.

Thank you for posting this. Plenty of other people will appreciate this as well. I have an appointment with my optometrist on Monday, apparently it was much needed.

Vire

I personally love looking at those types of people's profiles and seeing they don't even have a PSN or Xbox Live account.

M.W.

Ahh, junior member. We don't take you seriously, there's better members out there already.

viveks86

Welp, goodbye $50 also about the season pass, the first content will arrive this month as well?

Only free content this month (you don't need the season pass for that). One car (Merc AMG GT) and one track (?? *wink wink*).

Paid content starts next month.

Ibuki

Banned
I saw that dynamic weather is coming as an update. Does the game still have rainy locations, snowy, etc? Do they just mean its going to change mid race and stuff after the update?

viveks86

I saw that dynamic weather is coming as an update. Does the game still have rainy locations, snowy, etc? Do they just mean its going to change mid race and stuff after the update?

No rain or snow until the update. It was never part of the launch plan. With the free update, you will get the whole package, including "dynamic' weather, the way you have described.

Ibuki

Banned
No rain or snow until the update. It was never part of the launch plan. With the free update, you will get the whole package, including "dynamic' weather, the way you have described.

Awesome man, thanks for the answer! I know I can still enjoy the game without it, I just think it's a cool addition. I'm glad the devs are putting it in for free though, that is pretty sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom