• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Jburton

Banned
Yeah because releasing it near ForzaH release wasnt enough to see that?, dont be fool this is Sonys PGR/ForzaH type of game they wanted in their catalog.

No its not, its nothing like Forza Horizon and neither is it trying to be.

Have you played the game or are you just in the official thread spewing nonsense for shits and giggles?

I suggest to release the stress of this to have a
Fun open world game racer next, Evo need to go after Horizon not Forza, leave that for Kaz GT7.

Yeah because releasing it near ForzaH release wasnt enough to see that?, dont be fool this is Sonys PGR/ForzaH type of game they wanted in their catalog.

Please take the console warrior garbage somewhere else. This thread is about discussing the game itself.

It's a year late in the release, so I guess it was going up against F5 first of all, so Evo really messed up not adding in open world to this if they were meant to be up against FH2.

Come on if you don't like the game or hate Sony, don't feel compelled to keep shitposting in the thread.

But this engine clearly can create amazing worlds, just unleash the dev team to expand on that, this launch dev time with DriveClub stress has to be rough on them, let them get back to fun times.
Oh yeah, I'm sure accidentally driving off a cliff or into a forest (full of trees) during a race would be lots of fun...

My latest wheels.
2014-10-1623_03_08wvpts.gif

Joeki11a

Banned
No its not, its nothing like Forza Horizon and neither is it trying to be.

Have you played the game or are you just in the official thread spewing nonsense for shits and giggles?

Never said it was, I am saying Sony put it out he same time as Forza, for what? Ask Sony.

This game should had come December fully finished along with all the weather features and better servers status.

This game had problems since day 1 remember that, many though this would be cancelled, the dev time for this game didnt go as planned at all, then this game was rushed out for no reason.

Joeki11a

Banned
Don't feed the troll.

Ignoring facts doesnt make things better
Accept they ruined this IPs success, clearly youre a fanatic of it everybody here is, but some see Evo didnt get to fully evolve their vision.

guaranteed you if this would of come out
fully optimized finished in December or heck
Spring 2015 it would be a whole lot better, not getting 5/10 ratings and bad buzz based on its problems.

So dont get mad at me for wishing Evo wasnt rushed, they deserve better than freaking 5/10 and bad buzz, they worked hard as hell for years.

Kojaq

If anyone else is having problems downloading the patch I fix mine by going from wifi to wired connection

Edit. spell check

Topi

Banned
hmm.. thats ..natural behavior for me? game been telling me that I lost connection to PSN since the first day. (of course never lost connection to psn in reality)

Oh. It's always been 'Connection to Driveclub servers lost', nothing about PSN. Well, the end result is the same. No gaming.

Seriously, what's up with rotating the exact same 7-8 events over and over again in online mp events? Same tracks with the same car types/conditions/time of day etc every time? There's literally nothing else to choose from. Does this happen to anyone else?

Managed to get the patch to download after hitting the retry button a few times.

Finished the Trans Atlantic Cup.

Last gif for the night. Lighting is just amazing.

2014-10-1623_22_358eum8.gif

OmegaDL50

It's just me or you guys were getting some Skyrim vibes in this track? :D

1932380_958057784205579_2237691576119847475_n.jpg

Is that Norway? Then probably yes.

Skyrim's landmass and it's scenery are based on Norway and Scandinavia and mainly based on old Norwegian culture.

If that walking mode that someone asked Rushy to implement actually comes to pass, it will become even more evident when you can look around you in-game.

In the meantime enjoy doing the Norsk Hillclimb at dusk in your favorite car.

Joeki11a

Banned
Oh yeah, I'm sure accidentally driving off a cliff or into a forest (full of trees) during a race would be lots of fun...

Yea because Motorstorm wasnt amazing fun, specially their last one having earthquakes all over, imagine that with this new engine, it was fun dont lie. Their wont be a DriveClub 2, no way they have to clear their minds after this.

i should had this game 2 days ago but the delivery man never came.

Now it's OT2 , billions of gifs and i'm still waiting for you delivery man !

My mind was still holding it together because i knew about the issues but if it's working i'm getting a little restless..

Seriously, what's up with rotating the exact same 7-8 events over and over again in online mp events? Same tracks with the same car types/conditions/time of day etc every time? There's literally nothing else to choose from. Does this happen to anyone else?

Yes, and it drives me crazy. I see the BAC mono race over and over again.

Samus4145

Finally connected online last night. Joined a club that five people on my friends list was in. Didn't realize it was 6 people only.

Love the challenges, but not having them on every track is an odd choice (unless that has to do with the server).

Jburton

Banned
Finally connected online last night. Joined a club that five people on my friends list was in. Didn't realize it was 6 people only.

Love the challenges, but not having them on every track is an odd choice (unless that has to do with the server).

I smell some server issues, i have had times posted and times not.

WoolyNinja

First game in a while that I simply can't put down once I start playing. Two nights in a row where I end up playing until 2am on accident

Gacha-pin

if your club is set to public (I think that is the default) then anyone can join. If you want to invite people, set it to private and kick those other out (you'll lose your points though)
Even they are strangers, I dont want to kick them with no reason. I think I should leave my own club :(

drotahorror

if your club is set to public (I think that is the default) then anyone can join. If you want to invite people, set it to private and kick those other out (you'll lose your points though)

What do you mean you'll lose your points? You lose points if you kick someone? Or you lose the points they earned for the club? That's stupid if true.

kriskrosbbk

Glad they're back. I had them on the day after UK release, once, then poof - they were gone!

Unless it was co-incidence, do online races show you Face Off targets of people in your lobby?

Can't test in multiplayer as its not working for me today .They were appearing in SP "Race mode" tho.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
I got a notification regarding the 3 downloadable cars, so l redeem the free code and nothing else happens.

Have l missed something?

Joeki11a

Banned
You can't change anything.

This here, not good for biz but guess some people accept driving around toy cars basically.

As long as they can make gifs gawking at lighting or the worlds details visuals, impress me with gifs of the cars specs performance changes.

I swear many are playing this due to graphics hype and nothing else, driving around looking at the world graphics around the car, breaking mid race to stare at graphics, its ridiculous save that for Uncharted.

baconcow

This here, not good for biz but guess some people accept driving around toy cars basically.

As long as they can make gifs gawking at lighting or the worlds details visuals, impress me with gifs of the cars specs performance changes.

I swear many are playing this due to graphics hype and nothing else, driving around looking at the world graphics around the car, breaking mid race to stare at graphics, its ridiculous save that for Uncharted.

The game actually looks quite mediocre when stopped. It is far better in motion, when the dynamic lighting engine can be put into effect best.

This is insane. How long are you going to keep this up?

Top Bottom