• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Putty

I seen it myself, people are doing this type of stuff, I dont understand why graphicS in racing games matter that much, I rather noticr sense of speed handling, braking corners etc you know what matters when you Drive.

A game can look ass but if the driving game physics feels good I will be fine with that, not sure who started this but Driving games are about Driving not gawking a lighting and all this stuff.

Thanks for that, this is actually something we are already doing. Now jog on my good man.

Number45

Probably the most hilarious thing I've ever read. You can not play graphics, you play games. Speaking of which, Driveclub is a fantastic one.
Not going to lie, I've bought many a GT game in the past to gawp at its graphics and suck at the game. Good job DC looks fantastic then. ^_^

The release of this game has been nothing but a farce. It still doesn't work as intended, the patches are screwed and the pre order content still isn't downloadable....

The pre-order stuff is finally up. Still shit it took so long to arrive but it is up.

Gold_Loot

I seen it myself, people are doing this type of stuff, I dont understand why graphicS in racing games matter that much, I rather notice sense of speed, handling, braking corners etc you know what matters when you Drive.

A game can look ass but if the driving game physics feels good I will be fine with that, not sure who started this but Driving games are about Driving not gawking a lighting and all this stuff.

Thats just me though, most graphics gawkers probably like the annoying Jets flying in Forza in that one race, seen that in a stream wanted to throw my laptop out of the window.
And Driveclub has the driving and sense of speed in spades. What's your point?

Fonds

Hoping for some Japanese cars and city tracks. Variety is the spice of life =)

Yeh I'm hoping the same. Some Japanese windy mountain tracks would be great! A city location would be nice as well. Gimme that Tokyo Shuto Expressway vibe.
Secretly hoping for a forza 1 style japan hill climb track.

iFootball

Oh man! new thread !... I'm so late to |OT2| lol...

let's just say I was very distracted last night with Driveclub's Online Multiplayer, which was working flawlessly for me

Joeki11a

Banned
did pretty well in UK & Germany.

As it should, still this IP wasnt handle right
Sony didnt fully back it support it and made sure it became a great IP for this Gen. Now when they see it becoming irrelevant in a few months they will try to act like it wasnt their fault.

Evo got the raw deal, yes lets give Kaz many years to evolve his vision, but lets rush Evo who been wanting to make this game for 10 years, ya that sounds right smh.

Hedrush

Have you not had a crazy high speed crash/spinout?

I've had a few where I've ended up at a standstill in a grass verge, once jumping over a barrier in Norway, and if you let it reset your back on the track going 70kph.

Yeah I flipped and landed on my roof one time and it reset then, which is fair enough. But during normal racing conditions there's not enough run off area to justify having a countdown timer, you'll always make it back on track without a reset being needed. They should've added a button that you press if you need a reset, the timer countdown is my only real complaint about the entire game, I hope they remove it in a future update, or at least give us the option to turn the thing off.

Garryk

Really ease on the throttle when coming out of corners.
Besides that maximize the use the insane brakes that these cars have.
You can brake much later than the classes before them. Once at the apex don't blast out of the corner full throttle but use the analog sticks to ease your way out of them.

I definitely have trouble coming out of the corners getting sideways from too much throttle. I'm pretty sure my biggest problem is lack of practice with the cars. Also, the AI seems to be a bit tougher at this tier, but I might be imagining that because I'm not very good with the cars. Is there a consensus on which hyper is the easiest to drive?

Never said it was, I am saying Sony put it out he same time as Forza, for what? Ask Sony.

This game should had come December fully finished along with all the weather features and better servers status.

This game had problems since day 1 remember that, many though this would be cancelled, the dev time for this game didnt go as planned at all, then this game was rushed out for no reason.

Dude, will you just go play your FH2 and stay the heck out of here with your constant nonsense. Absolutely no one in here gives two shits about Forza as this is an OT of Driveclub. Do you even own the game? Coming here complaining nonstop about Sony and Driveclub isn't going to fix the servers. The only problems the game have is the servers are having issues, whether it's code or whatever that is it. The game itself is a fantastic racing game.

Joeki11a

Banned
Thanks for that, this is actually something we are already doing. Now jog on my good man.

Youre doing that, many others are gawking at Chile race calling it photorealistic and having orgasm over lighting shadows and all that, they pause the games and pan around oooh look at the sun woah, come on man who started this madness?.

Jburton

Banned

Exactly, the sense of scale and sense of place, the topography in terms of peaks and falls of the road etc is the best i have ever experienced.

Sense of speed and handling is excellent, plus when the weather system comes it will be but only better still.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
After over a decade of most major developer chasing Gran Turismo, then Forza, for the car collecting tuning market, it was inevitable we'd have a generation of people who assume every racing game is about changing parts and tuning.

Pure racing and arcade racing has been vastly devalued to the point some are going to think such a game isn't "made right" when you put it n their hands. Though the joke with Driveclub right now is the main thing most people in ever thread have been talking about is the gameplay, and the dynamic lighting / changing time of day, which affects the gameplay.

Those who things are the main reasons anyone is putting up with the bungled launch, missing features, etc, because they're so good. I think DC was done a great disservice by its original reveal where a sweaty guy with shaking hands outlined his sexual fantasies revolving around digital car models and leather shaders. So many press released for DC have done nothing but gone on about the graphics, emphasizing DC is like nothing anyone has ever seen before.

That is not ironically not the game's selling point (we'll see about weather however), and it seems clear it was never going to be. I guess everyone involved felt the need to emphasize graphics over everything else because console launch window nonsense / gotta sell PS4s to people who think the next console generation will be like playing PS1 for the first time.

bombshell

Not for me it ain't, got the notification from sony and the damn thing was empty. When trying to download manually I get an error :/

Did you get the notification with the apology about the pre-order cars? Just press X in that and it will take you directly to the store.

Joeki11a

Banned
Dude, will you just go play your FH2 and stay the heck out of here with your constant nonsense. Absolutely no one in here gives two shits about Forza as this is an OT of Driveclub. Do you even own the game? Coming here complaining nonstop about Sony and Driveclub isn't going to fix the servers. The only problems the game have is the servers are having issues, whether it's code or whatever that is it. The game itself is a fantastic racing game.

I dont own ForzaH I am just pointing out Sony as a company didnt support Evo, again they wanted to make a game like this for 10 years
why try to rush them to counter Forza release( thats why I mentioned FH ). This game needed to be released 2 years after PS4 launch and it would had been a Gen defining game racer, not what it has become now.

You are content with what it is, I rather they would of let their Vision really evolve, maybe Sony feels sorry and lets them make Drive Club 2 to be released in 2018 after GT7.

Never said it was, I am saying Sony put it out he same time as Forza, for what? Ask Sony.

This game should had come December fully finished along with all the weather features and better servers status.

This game had problems since day 1 remember that, many though this would be cancelled, the dev time for this game didnt go as planned at all, then this game was rushed out for no reason.

Lol, you say the game should have come out last December, then turn around and say it was rushed out the door for no reason just this month....And if you meant this December, well I'm sure your issues will be ironed out by then, the only problem DriveClub has is unforseen server issues that they are working on...

What is your argument? They should have rushed it out last December instead of waiting nearly a year? But when they waited a year out was still "rushed out for no reason?"

You are changing your narrative just to complain about something, is it the delay or your perceived rush job after the year long delay? I think we get that you don't like the game, but you can't keep moving around the reasons why..

I seen it myself, people are doing this type of stuff, I dont understand why graphicS in racing games matter that much, I rather notice sense of speed, handling, braking corners etc you know what matters when you Drive.

Thats just me though, most graphics gawkers probably like the annoying Jets flying in Forza in that one race, seen that in a stream wanted to throw my laptop out of the window.

Seriously, It's pretty obvious you don't have the game. This game has all of that AND graphics. What is your problem? Every post of your is salty as f*&k, and has venom towards Sony and/or mentions Forza. And is the second paragraph your way of justifying your game/console of choice being inferior graphically? Go back and play pole position if you feel this way so strongly.

JamboGT

I dont own ForzaH I am just pointing out Sony as a company didnt support Evo, again they wanted to make a game like this for 10 years
why try to rush them to counter Forza release( thats why I mentioned FH ). This game needed to be released 2 years after PS4 launch and it would had been a Gen defining game racer, not what it has become now.

You are content with what it is, I rather they would of let their Vision really evolve, maybe Sony feels sorry and lets them make Drive Club 2 to be released in 2018 after GT7.

I understand where you are coming from, but from the start I think Evo have made it clear about how they see Driveclub as an evolving platform, with further features and updates improving it over time.

Main issue is how much the server issues have affected the mI feel. The game, for me, is great, nails the feel and speed like an arcade game hasn't since the PGR games in my opinion.

I really hope that it survives the initial wave of (to be fair, deserved) negativity for the connection problems as it is, well, fun.

Fun is good!

Seriously, It's pretty obvious you don't have the game. This game has all of that AND graphics. What is your problem? Every post of your is salty as f*&k, and has venom towards Sony and/or mentions Forza. And is the second paragraph your way of justifying your game/console of choice being inferior graphically? Go back and play pole position if you feel this way so strongly.

Are you new to Jokie's posts? This is his thing bro...

I hope this game will finally be fully functional when I return to my PS4 at the end of the week.

Still got Assetto Corsa v1.0 in any case which looks amazing.

Game has been out less than 2 weeks man. Do you really think this is it. The game is never going to change? They have already released 2 patches and weather, replays, and other game content is going to release later! That IS evolving. The game will be much different in a couple of months as more content gets released. I'm not content with what is a failed online launch for the game but I'm an adult who understands that a game is not just released and forgotten about. There are a lot of people working on new tracks, challenges, events, server side issue, etc. as we speak.

You don't have neither of the games and yet you talk a lot about both as if you know what you are talking about. I would suggest playing the games first and then tell us how you feel then. The core game is fantastic, and it's a new IP! Not many new IP comes out without flaws and this one is no exception. It's not perfect and the online is shot to hell but the game plays great and looks great with crazy fast load times for a racer.

You are making a fool of youself dude. It's quite obvious you have not played the game considering the sense of speed is amazing, as is the surprisingly sophisticated "simcade" physics engine… also, *News Flash*… you absolutely 100% have to use the brakes in this game.

Yeh I'm hoping the same. Some Japanese windy mountain tracks would be great! A city location would be nice as well. Gimme that Tokyo Shuto Expressway vibe.
Secretly hoping for a forza 1 style japan hill climb track.

That's what I want. The game would be perfect for a bit of touge.

Also:
tumblr_ltkm8x6poA1qbs3ip.jpg

6453445.jpg

kawazu-nanadaru-loop-2%25255B2%25255D.jpg

7550_02.jpg

Played a couple of games online yesterday. It's fun when you can get in a game but the wait is so long between each race that i grew up impatient. The wait is like 5 minutes at least, to me that is unacceptable. + it crashes pretty much all the time so you have to get in a new lobby and wait even more... I was so frustrated that i went back to play offline because it actually works.

Really a shitty job from Evolution or the people responsible for this mess. We're more than a week after release and the game is still broken.

Lesson learned, while i love Evolution studio's games, online which is a big part of DC is totally crap. I wont buy their next game on release day until i know for sure that everything works. It's like i'm getting used to PSN being so shitty that i grew up accepting it but you can bet i'll think twice next year about renewing my PS+ sub.

sajj316

At this rate, I'll probably dive into this game in about 2-3 weeks. I have confidence they'll sort it out but they'll need to do something to get out of the penalty box. I am certainly interested in playing this game.

Fonds

The driving, the cars, the tracks, the cockpit view, the audio, and the lighting.

Which is why this game will have legs.

The audio, dear god... sometimes I can just cruise around listening to the cars.
The Audi RS6 and Mercedes AMG C63 sound like beasts.

Nah no one in US yet.

Crap. I don't trust the PS+ Cloud. I had a 96% completion for Ground Zeroes. I shot my save file to the Cloud, and a week later my PS4 died due to a faulty power supply unit. Once I got my second PS4, I brought the save file back and it's only at 69%. I'm a little nervous with doing that process all over again.

sajj316

Don't want to put the cart before the horse but this game would be even better with a track editor. This would push the social aspect even more by creating, rating, ranking, and sharing tracks.

Putty

Youre doing that, many others are gawking at Chile race calling it photorealistic and having orgasm over lighting shadows and all that, they pause the games and pan around oooh look at the sun woah, come on man who started this madness?.

Why does it bother you? Clearly you have no interest, so like I say....jog on.

Jamesways

Joke11a, gameplay is solid man, the driving feels fantastic.

Great session last night, helped get the club to 15, love the Zonda R, a go to in any racing game I play, really helped in some of the Hyper events. Then got the P1. And, was connected from 8pm to 1am. US Central region.

Something new I hadn't experienced before, even in tour races, online challenges kept popping up, beat so-and-so's speed, beat this guy's corner challenge. That was on top of the regular star challenges. Cool system.

Gained a huge amount of points racing MP too. I call B.S. going on in a few races. I'm not the best/fastest racer, and got taken out/spinned out a few times.

BUT... one race I started in pole, and it was an India track I know very well. Never looked back, way ahead of the pack, said first place the entire race, never got passed. Saw a guy sitting on the line, never started.
When I finished I was second. He won. By not racing.
His winning time was 00.00.00.

Happened the very next race too, I was in the top 3, then moved down. Different psn ID, so wasn't the same person. Winning time- 00.00.00.

Glitch I assume.

Edit- seen above. Yeah, online faceoffs, even in the tour races. Damn cool.

Top Bottom