• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition (Out Now)

It is an option.

You get all of the expansions, tours, cars and livery packs - which allow you to play tracks you don't own in the PS+ Edition in those tours.

So you're saying it's possible to have the PS+ edition and the Season Pass, rather than Full Edition and Season Pass?

Had the game since launch so doesn't matter to me, but seems a good option.

kyser73

That'll be helpful, thanks.

Personally, I think the tracks are all just too long for me to want to really learn them. Especially all the P2P tracks. That is really killing any drive for me to actually 'get good' at this, but those flags might be useful so I can at least turn the track map off.

All the P2P tracks have a similar formula - medium speed start sector, fast sector, twisty sector, fast sector & medium speed end sector. I'd recommend getting to know Cayoosh point or one of the Chile tracks as they're the longest of the P2P tracks and the hardest to learn. The racing circuit tracks are all really short - sub-50s lap times in the hypers, and the key to the longer circuits all have very distinctive landmarks for measuring where you are in the lap.

Obvs if you're not digging the racing that's cool, but they are all learnable with practice.

Lulu23

You need to select the full game, and below the 39.99€ price tag it says "Vollständiges Spiel zum testen" :)

Oh thank you very much. I thought that was one of those 1-hour trials.
Sony should really just put a "DriveClub PS+ Edition" in the PS+ section of the store.

Edit: It's actually called a Demo for me. Whatever, downloading now. The EU stores are just such a hot unorganized mess compared to the US one.

I had to check how long my PS+ is still active in the services list and it was an absolute pain. Sony really needs to make a services / licences management system. Let me throw all those PS+ games, demos and whatever out of my library and let me delete services I don't use from the list. Why is WipEout HD that I played years ago a service in there? ffs

klier

Well, it doesn't show up for me in the German store yet. I really wanted to download while at work.

It must be there. Search all games A-Z

One hour to go for me, tonight I will be playing Driveclub and Planetside 2. Yay. Free stuff.

Arondight

That'll be helpful, thanks.

Personally, I think the tracks are all just too long for me to want to really learn them. Especially all the P2P tracks. That is really killing any drive for me to actually 'get good' at this, but those flags might be useful so I can at least turn the track map off.

I don't learn them. I just press the throttle hard and hope my skills are good enough to react to the corner I see come out of nowhere. Flags help a lot.

My favourite thing about Driveclub was the DLC. I completed the campaign in pretty short order, but being able to buy small chunks of content (that lasted a fair while) for £1.49 etc really hit the spot for me and kept me coming back to find out what was new.

I still haven't bought it all, mainly because the DLC tour packs are rock solid hard, but I will get round to it.

Tigress

Can't think of a PS+ game that has had a worse launch, so one would think that this would get special treatment. Sony and Evolution seem to think they are doing me a favor releasing this, when I paid for this months back via a subscription. Bad PR all around.

I have to agree here. No, I'm not grateful for something they promised almost two years ago and still couldn't give me almost a year ago when the game came out. Gee, they finally lived up to a promise. And no, it's not free. Last I checked you still have to pay for ps+. I'm honestly a little miffed they couldn't even give a little more as a token of apology for being so late. No, it may not have been purposely done but they still messed up and I don't see people going light on EA or Ubisoft when they mess up. I don't see why we should treat Sony any different.

Mabufu

Banned
I don't learn them. I just press the throttle hard and hope my skills are good enough to react to the corner I see come out of nowhere. Flags help a lot.

So I'm not alone : D

Anyways, you will use your memory when it's available after replaying a track enough times. And that helps.

DMTripper

Downloading now in the UK, and it says it'll be completed in 34 hours GG lol.

I've tested connection and I'm getting 13mbs. Servers probably getting hammered.

kyser73

I have to agree here. No, I'm not grateful for something they promised almost two years ago and still couldn't give me almost a year ago when the game came out. Gee, they finally lived up to a promise. And no, it's not free. Last I checked you still have to pay for ps+. I'm honestly a little miffed they couldn't even give a little more as a token of apology for being so late. No, it may not have been purposely done but they still messed up and I don't see people going light on EA or Ubisoft when they mess up. I don't see why we should treat Sony any different.

I remember you posting that the only thing keeping you from buying DC was the lack of Lambos.

Whole range of Lambos in the game now, and you come out with this? Shades of 'was never intending to buy in the first place' IMO.

Siegmeyer

Downloading now in the UK, and it says it'll be completed in 34 hours GG lol.

I've tested connection and I'm getting 13mbs. Servers probably getting hammered.

I just download everything in rest mode nowadays. Seems to give me respectable speeds that way.

le-seb

But they did. The new PS+ edition has 5 more cars (+50%) and 6 more solo events (+120%) than what was included in October's version.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Downloading it now.

Doubt it'll be played any time soon though, got Batman atm, as well as Witcher and ESO.

DMTripper

I just download everything in rest mode nowadays. Seems to give me respectable speeds that way.

It has been in rest mode most of this morning. Just fancied some binding of Isaac while I wait :-D

The speeds fluctuate. Just let it download it will be faster than 34 hours don't worry.

Yeah I know, it's just it doesn't normally give me these kind of times. Appreciate the post tho.

They added 5 cars to what was originally outlined. The PS+ version also includes the Startline Tour, which is a mix of events from the base game and the DLC tours, along with two original events. This means PS+ edition players get to try 12 more tracks spanning all remaining locations (albeit with preset racing conditions) and a handful of cars that are otherwise not playable in single races or multiplayer.

Melchiah

The P2Ps are the highlights of the game for me (especially those of Japan, Canada and India), and the race tracks are the least fun to play. It doesn't take that long to learn even the longer tracks. I personally remember all the twists and turns in the P2Ps of Canada and Japan, after playing them every once in a while. For some reason, those of India are harder to remember for me, eventhough I've played them often as well.

On a side note, I kinda wonder why Canada wasn't included in the PS+ edition instead of India, as the latter seems to be pretty divisive among players.

ackbar_2.jpg

And sorry to all the people who have bought and been enjoying the game. All of us PS+ people are about to trash your servers.

ducksauce

So does this game support PlayGo? Should I be able to start playing before the download finishes? It downloaded 3 files and this last one is taking forever. Less than 2 gigs left though so you'd think I'd be able to play it by now.

Blobbers

Is this 16GB file all I'm gonna have to download or is there still that additional 10GB patch after that? Is it all wrapped up in one package now?

So I'm guessing all you guys downloading Driveclub is why its taking forever to download Planetside 2? THANKS A LOT SONY!! lol

I can't wait to see how this all unfolds. I sincerely hope the multiplayer servers can handle the influx of players. Looking forward to impressions! I bought the game when it launched and I'm still playing it daily.

Ted

And sorry to all the people who have bought and been enjoying the game. All of us PS+ people are about to trash your servers.

If that happens it's on Evolution Studios not PS+ users.

I'm personally looking forward to seeing more populated events online so get to it PS+ folk, it's just a shame it will only give a player number increase on the Indian tracks.

Donos

So I'm guessing all you guys downloading Driveclub is why its taking forever to download Planetside 2? THANKS A LOT SONY!! lol

I can't wait to see how this all unfolds. I sincerely hope the multiplayer servers can handle the influx of players. Looking forward to impressions! I bought the game when it launched and I'm still playing it daily.

This seems to be something with Planetside 2. Planetside 2 download was already super slow from the beginning for me yesterday while Dark Souls II is downloading pretty fast. It doesn't help that after a big planetside 2 file is downloaded, a even bigger on is popping up.

GReeeeN

i cannot seem to find it on the EU store on the PS4 itself, and on the web store it seems stuck at "adding to download list"...

any tips how to get this downloading?

Synless

I have two versions of Driveclub in my downloads list now. One is the PS+ version and the other is not, anyone know what that is?

Top Bottom