• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub PlayStation Plus Edition (Out Now)

Nyx

That's what I figured. Well, I have a $50 PSN card waiting to be used, looking forward to giving this a try so I can decide if that'll go toward the game and season pass.

I would say, give the Plus ed. a fair chance (it takes some getting used to the handling) and I'm sure you'll join us in the OT with the full game and season pass in no time. ;-)

2) The dlc tours aren't a compelling enough reason to pay for content. They're just single races that you could theoretically set up yourself if you wanted, but constructed in a way to get you trophies. That doesn't excite me.

I like the fact they're a new bunch of preset challenges, with some interesting variations
, plus I hate Alfie Sanders

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
Some World Record hotlaps for the newbies viewing pleasure

Ferrari 430 Scuderia on Norway's Holmastad Point to Point Track
0nu7Rdh_HtBdXpVJ0qNTBqKsOjWgWRtonR8KIOK3g_U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=207JJwnfrxc

Savage Rivale GTR-S on the stunning Scotland Loch Duich Track
4NefRihicc6srpIJnbElF7c6o2iEPzxFA_LfvJNNiNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCgADuJizSs

Marussia B2 on Canada Cayoosh Point Mountain Pass
iTcfv5Qo5AcY2u6HYe-Hp5ilBojibArTLp2-kekmKac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSsuOqnaimA

Salute and good luck!

Not quite sure what the hell this means.
Just that this same, tried argument pops up regularly, we all do a little dance, and around and around we go. And nothing is ever accomplished.

But this is what i want to know. What about us poor saps that bought the game? We'll never get our free PS Plus edition of Driveclub. We were made the same promises everyone else was, yet we get absolutely nothing and never will. What do we get? Huh? Huh? We're...entitled, aren't we?

I don't actually want anything.

Quick protip - if you want to turn off the HUD on the fly just hit right on the dpad. Tapping it again will restore it. Though without the map and not knowing the courses, you will likely crash. But it looks real nice.

Mabufu

Banned
Just adding my 2 cents:

Driving an super/hyper in a point to point track (specially in Chile) can give you some great gaming moments besides it's graphics. Dont forget to try it.

EDIT
Also try first person view and its camera shacking at full speed. You will never feel that scared in any racing game.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Almost a year. What a total beep*up...

Better late than never. Will try it out... seems like a GOTY edition is never coming the way they keep expanding the DLC.

Also: pay attention to those roadside flags. They'll let you know how sharp a turn is coming.

Green - easy turn
Yellow - sharper turn
Red - sharpest turn

Im surprised they didnt launched it in next months plus games, wonder what those games gonna be.
This release was always meant to be separate from the monthly "free" games. It won't affect those releases at all.

Just adding my 2 cents:

Driving an super/hyper in a point to point track (specially in Chile) can give you some great gaming moments besides it's graphics. Dont forget to try it.

EDIT
Also try first person view and its camera shacking at full speed. You will never feel that scared in any racing game.

Another tip for first person view, press right on the D pad to remove the overlays for a true unobstructed view.

Just adding my 2 cents:

Yeah but remember the free version is limited to one location - India. Unless of course you meant that for those who decide to buy the full game. If so, erase erase.

That your comment has been in every DC topic in the past 8 months or so. ;-)

My comment? I don't think I've ever commented in a Driveclub topic before...

Unless you mean others saying the same thing. In which case I wasn't aware of that as I've never commented in a Driveclub topic before.

Anyways, Driveclub will be one of my first purchases when I get a ps4 this fall or spring.

Nyx

Unless you mean others saying the same thing. In which case I wasn't aware of that as I've never commented in a Driveclub topic before.

Yeah that's what I meant, no worries.

Seanspeed

Banned
Also: pay attention to those roadside flags. They'll let you know how sharp a turn is coming.

Green - easy turn
Yellow - sharper turn
Red - sharpest turn
That'll be helpful, thanks.

Personally, I think the tracks are all just too long for me to want to really learn them. Especially all the P2P tracks. That is really killing any drive for me to actually 'get good' at this, but those flags might be useful so I can at least turn the track map off.

Heh, I meant people in general. I didn't mean to single you out, its just we frequently get comments similar to the one you made earlier. No offense intended.

Siegmeyer

Sorry, I couldn't keep up with this thread. Can we use the season pass without upgrading to the full game first? Does anyone know?

Why would you have (or consider getting) the season pass if you don't own the full game?

(not trying to be a dick, that's just a really strange question)

Rushy

Why would you have (or consider getting) the season pass if you don't own the full game?

It is an option.

You get all of the expansions, tours, cars and livery packs - which allow you to play tracks you don't own in the PS+ Edition in those tours.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
And now there is only Half-Life 3 and Agent left for Sony to do something about.

OmegaDL50

It is an option.

You get all of the expansions, tours, cars and livery packs - which allow you to play tracks you don't own in the PS+ Edition in those tours.

Hey Rushy, good to see you again.

Looking forward to whatever you got in the works for future plans of Driveclub after the Season Pass ends in July.

nib95

Banned
It is an option.

That's pretty interesting. PS+ version plus the Season Pass actually seems like a good combo as well, for those wanting more content.

It is an option.

That is pretty cool. I still say buy the full game if you like it but hey its a great option.

I already sold my disc version months ago and know all the included content. Now I was hoping to be able to explore the additional stuff without needing to buy the full game again :)

EDIT: WAIT! Did Rushy just confirm that's entirely possible?

Top Bottom