• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Driveclub weather update out NOW. laawwwwwd.gif

KingJ2002

This game needs to be re-reviewed after this update... the weather should make a significant difference in the overall product.

jobrro

Nice, read somewhere the other day it had been delayed until January (didn't follow it up) so this is great news. With weather and custom soundtracks I'm definitely ready to jump back in.

Hugstable

Banned
I'm kind of mad at Jeff Gerstmann for being so vehemently against the handling physics in the game -_-

Excited for weather though.

People have different tastes. I didn't read his review, but what did he not like about the physics? Did he expect something more arcadey considering the game is labeled as Arcade? Cause while it's an arcade game, the physics itself are a bit more towards the sim side, even though the physics aren't as Sim as what GT physics are.

They didn't advertise rain or snow a year ago. Stop making things up. They advertised their dynamic cloud system and how much it altered the lighting conditions & the mood of the race, but they only showed rain at, like, E3 this year and it was always made clear that it would arrive around two months from the game's release.
Pretty sure they said it wouldn't make release when they first showed it but prior love to bitch and just can't enjoy a good thing when you get it

Putty

Fucking Wowzers! Looks nuts! The handling is just one of the best feelings I've had playing a game of any kind in years. Loads of new content added so those jumping in now...holy moly you're in for an absolute blast of epic proportions! I've got numerous times in the top 50/100 but be nice to get even more gaffers added 8). The challenge mode is just f'n unreal...gives the game unlimited legs really. And now with weather, Christ it's just going to be epic!!! Yes, I like this game 8)

Off topic a little but can you buy DC on PSN yet?

I checked and it still said unavailable.. But then when it had the PS+ exclusive next to it, it said $50.

What's going on?

Putty

This game needs to be re-reviewed after this update... the weather should make a significant difference in the overall product.

The fact is everything is working now. So yeah, be interested to see if anyone re-review it...once weather is added, coupled with the latest new events and photo mode, I'd be hoping it would get a few more 8 and 9's. Though for me, it's a 10 all the way.

Flappy

Banned
Rain droplets on the camera in third-person view makes sense when you think about how it's being viewed:

Mqw3yZb.png

I played a bit of this game and loved it. Definitely an example of shaky release though, no doubts on that. What I really hope is that it will get some kind of "complete edition" later and I will buy it alongside my PS4.

VanWinkle

That video was just...wow. Best looking game out right now, easily. The lighting is astonishing, and now with the weather....unnnngghh.

Tomorrow, Driveclub will be a complete, awesome, working release. It could do with replays, but ehhh.

le-seb

Off topic a little but can you buy DC on PSN yet?

I checked and it still said unavailable.. But then when it had the PS+ exclusive next to it, it said $50.

What's going on?
The store is just preventing you from buying the full price edition since you're a PS+ member, maybe?

The upgrade edition should be available, and it's basically the full game with the PS+ discount applied.
Just get this one if you can.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
The fact is everything is working now. So yeah, be interested to see if anyone re-review it...once weather is added, coupled with the latest new events and photo mode, I'd be hoping it would get a few more 8 and 9's. Though for me, it's a 10 all the way.

Still no replays :(

People have different tastes. I didn't read his review, but what did he not like about the physics? Did he expect something more arcadey considering the game is labeled as Arcade? Cause while it's an arcade game, the physics itself are a bit more towards the sim side, even though the physics are as Sim as what GT physics are.

He has gone on multiple, nervous rants where he just slams the game. (On their podcast) It comes off strange because nobody else on the podcast has apparently played the game for themselves. I can understand not liking the controls, but he just states that there is no redeeming factor to it at all, and that it is simply a bad game.

That's just weird to me.

farisr

now give me my fully customizable controls Evolution.

I haven't played this game in a while, but wait what?

Did they patch out the mappable controls? I remember being able to set gas brake etc to whatever I wanted when i played it. Started wishing that the ps4 still had pressure sensitive face buttons as I like to use x to accelerate in racing games of past.

Edit: Unless there are some things that can't be changed and I didn't play around with it enough.

People have different tastes. I didn't read his review, but what did he not like about the physics? Did he expect something more arcadey considering the game is labeled as Arcade? Cause while it's an arcade game, the physics itself are a bit more towards the sim side, even though the physics are as Sim as what GT physics are.

GT is way more sim than Driveclub

WaLlbaNg

Wow this looks amazing. Am i remembering it correct, that this will only affect new tracks or do the "old" ones get this too?

Awesome! So wait, are we getting a blog update or is it actually coming out tomorrow?

Sounds like user error. ;)

Had to re-read it, but it's definitely coming out tomorrow along with a post discussing all of the changes.

I do hope all of the previously shown weather types/effects made it in.

le-seb

Wow this looks amazing. Am i remembering it correct, that this will only affect new tracks or do the "old" ones get this too?
All tracks will feature weather effects, even the old ones, but not all may feature all weather conditions (snow in India is unlikely, for example).

QaaQer

People have different tastes. I didn't read his review, but what did he not like about the physics? Did he expect something more arcadey considering the game is labeled as Arcade? Cause while it's an arcade game, the physics itself are a bit more towards the sim side, even though the physics aren't as Sim as what GT physics are.

He pretty much called it a gabage game, totally unfun and badly made. Dude hates games, so not surprising.

Gestault

That gameplay looked really cool. Especially after seeing some of the less flattering "water on the lens" effects in recent Project Cars footage, I'm glad to see these handled well.

Also, snow.

Boyzi

Banned
Absolutely corking racing game, it really is. Just a pity they ballsed it up a bit on release. I'll forgive you though Sony/Evo. Looking forward to the weather update as well

I'm kind of mad at Jeff Gerstmann for being so vehemently against the handling physics in the game -_-

Excited for weather though.
I'm afraid it appears Jeff has become a grumpy man-boy with age.

DC had the most controller accessible/rewarding handling physics of any racer I've played.

Bedlam

I'm completely against this practice. Developers/publishers need to be punished for not releasing products in a "complete" and/or working state instead of being encouraged to do so with re-reviews of their games.

Only now is Driveclub nearing the state it should've been released in in the first place.

red720

Perhaps now that weather is in the PS+ version won't be too far away. I'm not really interested in driving games so I was more wanting this is a visual showpiece for my PS4, and was happy to wait to play this until the weather effects were in.

Once they delayed the PS+ version, it kind of makes sense to wait until the weather was in (AKA the game was finished), before releasing it.

WaLlbaNg

All tracks will feature weather effects, even the old ones, but not all may feature all weather conditions (snow in India is unlikely, for example).

Cool as I haven't finished Tour Mode and didn't obtain all possible stars yet. Excited for tomorrow

Top Bottom