• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008 Sony Conference

I'm hoping for a megaton.

Not because I own a PS3 or because I'm buying one in the near future, but I'd love to see sony put up a good fight. Competition is awesome for the business. :D

Amir0x

Banned
At this point if they show God of War III, the conference already beats Nintendo's.

So i think you guys should all be alright.

Kandrick said:
Chances of a price cut announcement ? I guess really low, but thats what i am waiting the most.

I sure wont buy the PS3 at its current price. And since FF13 is coming to 360, i even have less reasons to fork over with the current ps3 price.
I doubt Sony can go much lower, don't forget that the PS3 plays Blu Rays as well which I am sure adds a lot to the cost.

Doc Evils

cartoon_soldier said:
blah3.gif

I can't believe someone can be faker/robotic than jeff bell.

Concept17

I want nothing but games. I don't even need megatons, I just want pure gaming. Games with story, games with action, games with violence, ANYTHING. I don't want more 'features'.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
here's hoping for megatons

speaking of megatons i had this really bizarre nightmare of FFXIII appearing of the 360, weird shit i know.

Yixian

Banned
Amir0x said:
At this point if they show God of War III, the conference already beats Nintendo's.

If they show any actual game they will beat Nintendo.

Nolan.

Kandrick said:
Chances of a price cut announcement ? I guess really low, but thats what i am waiting the most.

I sure wont buy the PS3 at its current price. And since FF13 is coming to 360, i even have less reasons to fork over with the current ps3 price.

Next to none they said they are focusing on profiting.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Amir0x said:

Even if it's CG?

CoG

Amir0x said:

If they show videos of Home from last year's E3 their conference is already better than Nintendo's :lol

Do you think Sony will mention anything about FF13 going over to the 360 also at there press conference, Im curious if they would mention anything.

- God of War 3
- Infamous
- Twisted Metal PS3
- Heavy Rain

If they do this, they're already way up and beyond Nintendo's and Microsoft's conferences. This year's E3 has been dissapointing all-around.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
FFObsessed said:
Their future line up is already really amazing, I just want a few surprsies!
Seriously, this is what pisses me off hearing people dismiss Sony. It's fanboy BS and will be put to rest.

Whooooo 25 minutes to go.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
a price cut at this point would be stupid.. they are priced competitively with MS feature for feature (maybe just an HD -size realignment) and at this very point there is no reason to own both consoles except for the truly hardcore gamer wanting all first and second party exclusives. Not saying I wouldn't love to see one, but there is no sense to it. At most I expect to see a second sku permanently added and an HD realignment of maybe 60GB or 80GB and 160GB to match MS.

Basch

Resistance 2 will steal the spotlight and take home all the awards. Just my guess. inFamous will be amazing as well. Can't wait for Killzone 2 demo. MotorStorm 2 will be refreshing with the new locales. Hope Heavy Rain and the two secret game projects are shown. Oh, and let's not forget Ratchet: Quest for Booty and LittleBigPlanet. I think this will be a sure win for Sony. :D Hopefully...

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Like I said I strongly expect a price drop... MAG to be HUGE in their presentation, KZ2 and R2 will be there as usual as will LBP, some good Motorstorm 2 stuff, team ico I expect a teaser and that's it, and GOW3 to wrap it up.

Tucah

you speak so well
Hoping for a megaton, but Nintendo broke my spirit.

Still, show some new videos of Infamous, Home or announce GoW3, should be decent conference.

burgerdog

I'm ready, hit me with some of your best shit, Sony. MS' had a great megaton, Nintendo had a suck-a-ton, I'm ready for ANYTHING.

Top Bottom