• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008 Sony Conference

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
BenjaminBirdie said:
How was Resident Evil 5 and Fallout 3 and Fable 2 not?

(Just out of curiosity.)
We've seen all of them already, especially RE5. That's true for Gears 2 as well of course, but that demonstration was the most impressive to me, that's why I mentioned it.

Basch

Pop On Arrival said:
Give me:

New Kojima IP
Suikoden VI
Wild ARMS VI
TRICO

and Sony, in my eyes, will rise like a glorious phoenix from the ashes of defeat. Flapping their majestic wings towards the sky, incinerating the disgraceful press conference by Nintendo.

Um... a bit much? But yes, that would be glorious. Maybe TGS. I for one would die for a new Suikoden. Team ICO is destined for another classic. It's only a matter of time. :D

Loudninja

dragonlife29 said:
If Sony is worse than Nintendo, then...Christ...

If they aren't, but are worse than Microsoft, then this E3's press conferences were a shit-waste of time.

Sony, can you do it? Save us from mediocrity :lol...=/

Hahah it wont be

Concept17

Jinfash said:
*slap*
no you're wrong
this E3 so far has been one of the most entertaining shows ever

No. The only 'entertainment' was the meltdowns from the megaton yesterday. Otherwise it has been disappointing.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
How was IGN's HD feed for the MS conference?

I'm trying to decide what to go with...

Haunted

Agree with BenBirdie - Microsoft had a good conference, E3 doesn't need to be saved. As I said, Sony will have a really hard time topping MS megaton announcement yesterday.

FFXIV being PS3 exclusive and a FFVII remake hitting this holiday is the order of magnitude we're talking about here, imo. Or Shenmue III.

I just hope they keep the home/movies/PSP connectivity stuff to a minimum and concentrate on the games. The Team ICO game will be enough to satisfy me. :D

belvedere

Junior Butler
An Infamous live demonstration would be awesome too.

That video last night changed my perspective on the game completely.

Pretty impressive.

N30RYU

Gold Member
Concept17 said:
No. The only 'entertainment' was the meltdowns from the megaton yesterday. Otherwise it has been disappointing.

+1

Fable 2 is one of the most disappointing games of this E3.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Mmmkay said:
More, how about LittleBigDimension? An isometric 3D mode for LittleBigPlanet!

I can dream I suppose.

You should be playing LittleBigPapercraft. GOTY sofar!

28uqvrr.jpg

JRPG front:

Level 5 President comes to the stage. talks about WKC and then give a release date for a world wide launch excluding Europe and then announce or should i say show a Dark Cloud 3 Trailer which says more to come at TGS.

That is all ;(

anyways. 17 more minutes to go!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I still think they're going to pull KZ2 from last year and at the end, show GOW3 after feigning that it's over... it'll be a teaser, but it'll still get some hype goin.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I hear car engine noises and MGS related noises on the GS feed. Don't know if that's coming from the conference hall or not tho!

Ethereal

The only time I will consistently watch G4 is during conferences such as E3, Comic-Con, PAX, Leipzig, etc...

But Sony needs to come out guns firing to make up for losing FFXIII.... something on the level of Gears 2 on PS3 (not that that will ever happen, but just as an idea of the level of megaton required).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
msdstc said:
I still think they're going to pull KZ2 from last year and at the end, show GOW3 after feigning that it's over... it'll be a teaser, but it'll still get some hype goin.
Retrieving a new pair of underpants just incase.

Marconelly said:
We've seen all of them already, especially RE5. That's true for Gears 2 as well of course, but that demonstration was the most impressive to me, that's why I mentioned it.

There was plenty of fresh deets at that conference, even if you just include the RE5 online co-op reveal and ignore all the other sweet stuff that was shown there first.

And I don't get how just because you've heard a game is coming out or seen a trailer for it, seeing it played on stage isn't still totally boss.

So if they play InFamous on stage today that won't be amazing because we've already seen choppy video of it online?

belvedere

Junior Butler
Ethereal said:
The only time I will consistently watch G4 is during conferences such as E3, Comic-Con, PAX, Leipzig, etc...

But Sony needs to come out guns firing to make up for losing FFXIII.... something on the level of Gears 2 on PS3 (not that that will ever happen, but just as an idea of the level of megaton required).

I don't think that will be too difficult in all honesty.

Remember the new level of embarrassment achieved by what came before that announcement.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Ethereal said:

How about a KOTOR on PS3?!?!?!?!?!

Top Bottom