• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2008 Sony Conference

Rur0ni

Heavy Rain Interview (June 7 said:
IGN: Realistically, when can we expect the game to come out?

Fondaumi¿re: Heavy Rain will be released in Fall 2008.
I expect something to be shown damn it.

Give me:

New Kojima IP
Suikoden VI
Wild ARMS VI
TRICO

and Sony, in my eyes, will rise like a glorious phoenix from the ashes of defeat. Flapping their majestic wings towards the sky, incinerating the disgraceful press conference by Nintendo.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
SketchTheArtist said:
If they do this, they're already way up and beyond Nintendo's and Microsoft's conferences. This year's E3 has been dissapointing all-around.

*slap*
no you're wrong
this E3 so far has been one of the most entertaining shows ever

D O W N

Sony can walk away from E3 with decent buzz if they can breathe new life into the "grafx only possible on PS3" mantra via actual gameplay footage.

God of War III would probably be the ideal way to do it- if they can- but my guess is we get an announcement trailer only.

Elios83

gofreak said:
Mooooreeee? Than LittleBigPlanet???????

Unpossible, good sir!

As much as you like it gofreak you have to concede that most of the people are bored about new trailers of it and just want to see the game released :D

k1s3k1

Banned
SE to announce and release KH3 this December.. they announced and released their ipod game at the same time :p

lets start dreaming!

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Concept17 said:
I want nothing but games. I don't even need megatons, I just want pure gaming. Games with story, games with action, games with violence, ANYTHING. I don't want more 'features'.
Well, I wouldnt mind to see a bit more of home, but I do want the majority of the conference to be just games.

Hopefully there's no sales talk. Sony will either not talk about it because they're doing the worst out of everybody, or they'll spend ages making their figures look better than they actually are.

KTallguy

Banned
cartoon_soldier said:
blah3.gif

This is fucking hilarious!!!!!! :lol

XonoX

Before this thing even starts, i gotta say

'We miss you Phil, please come back when Howard is ready to retire' !

anaron

BenjaminBirdie said:
HOW TO BEAT THE LIVEWIRE DELAY
A Guide By BenjaminBirdie

Click the FAST FORWARD BUTTON (DO NOT SLIDE THE TIME THINGIE) a few times until it's going at about 8 or 16x. It will flash through the conference that's already happened like the opening to the Season Finale of Buffy's fifth season but instead of landing on some hapless teen running down "THE ONE ALLEYWAY IN SUNNYDALE" it will bring you pretty much to RIGHT NOW.

:lol Thanks for the tip though.:D

borsdy

Banned
I can't believe I cut work early for this! I really hope they show some PSN upgrades and exclusive downloadable games.

livewire heartbeat has started!

also, MAG is this apparently
MAG Massive Action Game- Man, I can't believe they kept this under wraps. 256 online players, 8 man squads, Squads lead by leaders based on rank and game play. Killer trailer. visualize COD4 x10

EktorPR

Guys, where can I watch this? G4TV.com's live feed sucks, IGN's Live Wire doesn't work for me...I need a place where I can watch.

Concept17

If GoW3 were to come out next year, theres a good chance we'll see something. Its been in development for awhile now, but I still doubt we'll see actual gameplay.

Would LOVE to see some Twisted Metal.

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
There is no way Sony can have the worst conference now. Hell, they could just show trailers for Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 and it would still be better than that abortion we just got from Nintendo.

nataku

I hate the fact that I'll be at work when most of this is going on. I'll see maybe the first 15 mins, if it even starts on time (which Sony never does).

Instead I'll be trying to use my slow cell phone at work on breaks to see what is going on.. only to be greeted by GAF 500 sever erors. :(

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
What I want to see:

GOW III
A new kojima productions game
Killzone II
Resistance 2
Kingdom Hearts 3
FFVII remake and ZOE 3 (Its unlikely though)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Elios83 said:
As much as you like it gofreak you have to concede that most of the people are bored about new trailers of it and just want to see the game released :D

I want it released, but I want MOAR trailers and demonstrations in the meantime!

Jinfash said:
*slap*
no you're wrong
this E3 so far has been one of the most entertaining shows ever

Without a doubt. I don't get how e3 needs to be "saved". In the past 24 hours I've seen over a dozen AAA next gen titles available for BOTH HD platforms. Fallout 3, Mirror's Edge, RE5, Rock Band 2, etc.

EASILY the best e3 I can remember. It needs no saving at all.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Dr. Strangelove said:
There is no way Sony can have the worst conference now. Hell, they could just show trailers for Resistance 2 and Killzone 2 and it would still be better than that abortion we just got from Nintendo.

Good point. And those two games we already know about.
As long as they do anything crazy, they are going to do very well.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
hmm...i was thinking yesterday. and after the FFXIII takeout for MS. I was thinking nothing could come close to the magnitude of that. Thinking now, if Sony could somehow make the impossible possible and nab COD6 as a exclusive...would be pretty big.

but COD6 being exclusive is right up there with a FF7 remake. shits just not happening.

Baha

I want to see pixel junk dungeon, a date for white knight story, a TRICO announcement and some damn psx releases.

If Sony is worse than Nintendo, then...Christ...

If they aren't, but are worse than Microsoft, then this E3's press conferences were a shit-waste of time.

Sony, can you do it? Save us from mediocrity :lol...=/

Top Bottom