• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be cool, She could be Sony's Lara Croft. .

But since Tomb Raider wont remain exclusive for long, might not be the best move

I would not care one bit what CD/SE think about the future of Uncharted after the deal they made. They could easily do it again or worse. Microsoft has bought TR association.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2015-06-0819_59_29-syyybe9.png

The Ratchet&Clank reimagine will surely have some appearance at the Sony presser along with the movie, right? Then, how do you think it will be presented: with a teaser, trailer or gameplay segment?

Personally I hope that will see some gorgeous gameplay, just imagine Ratchets fur. Though I expect just a 2-3 minute trailer.

Philippo

The resurfacing of Japanese support makes me pretty happy, especially after last generation's mess.

Absolutely true.
Until PS2, i pretty much only played JRPGs and Japanese games.
With the lackluster last-gen i was forced to move onto Western games and had a lot of fun, and they're stepping up their game even higher this gen, but having back a lot of Japanese games, providing they're good, is much welcome.

what i don't like are press conferences like sony and ms showing stuff from games that are already have their own press conferences like ea, ubi.

that bf hardline or asscreed trailer could've been a trailer from another game.

I honestly don't think thats possible. They could spend 40 minutes talking about Morpheus and that'd be better than 4 10 minute segments on some third party non exclusive games.

We'll maybe they should spend more time on first party, Japanese games and exclusive third party games. 40 mins of morpheus would be too much IMO.

Dragon Age DLC will probably be at E3 in trailer form. Then mentioned at MS that its coming first to Xbox and that leads into the Mass Effect 4 reveal.

With that + PVZ GW2 and Mirrors Edge there is going to be a pretty big EA presence as Microsoft.

Only the first story DLC from DAI had that deal.

farisr

what i don't like are press conferences like sony and ms showing stuff from games that are already have their own press conferences like ea, ubi.

that bf hardline or asscreed trailer could've been a trailer from another game.

I don't like it either but that's the nature of the business. Those games sell consoles.

Halo and Gears are still monster IP though man. And Forza is a critically acclaimed darling, in fact, it's reviewed much better than GT for a while now, just hasn't got anywhere close to it sales. I think MS has solid franchises to build off, but I'm not sure they'll be back next gen with the same approach, I would imagine, just like Windows, MS will look to consolidate their platforms with PC more next gen.

GT6 reviewed better than Forza 5.

I posted this earlier in the thread

"What if Sony had a like a full dedicated 20 minutes to all the JRPGs that are coming to the console.

Like someone walks out on to the stage and says Playstation is known as the home of Japanese role-playing games. Here's a trailer for FFXV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Persona 5, new Sony IP, new Level 5 game, Disgaea 5, Star Ocean 5, and Tales of Zestria."

Tales of Festival has ended and Zestria hasn't been officially announced for PS4 yet. Date and everything go leaked but I'm going to guess that they announce it on stage at Sony's press conference. IMO it makes it more likely that they will be talking JRPGs at the conference.

or they could just announce it before e3 drop a trailer and not do it on stage but let me dream

And Ys. Playstation has always taken a liking towards Japanese games. Sony should definitely highlight its Japanese support, considering how a lot of it is exclusive.

I hope VR is priced well, and I hope it succeeds. I am not sure why some seem to want it to fail, new ways to experience games are welcome in my book and VR has lots of potential imo.

People said the same about Kinect... and we know how this ended. VR just like Kinect is a Gimmick. Publishers wont waste resources and time on it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
You doubted that there wasn't going to be content at E3? The game comes out in 3 months.

No but after that Konami shitshow nobody could say for sure.

And this trailer better be directed by Kojima.

Tratorn

I just thought about a bigger "one more thing" surprise at Sonys conference than TLG for PS4 and realized the answer is pretty easy: TLG for PS3.
I think GAF would be down immediately. :p

Zukkoyaki

I'm not sure how much water this comment holds, though; my impression was that GG Cambridge is an independent studio from Guerrilla, so one's project wouldn't necessarily affect the others.
You would be correct! Cambridge is its own studio and has been for awhile. Though a couple of years ago, Sony loosely merged them but not in the traditional sense. Basically they rebranded Cambridge as a sister studio of Guerrilla's who works with them a bit closer. They're still their own team.

People said the same about Kinect... and we know how this ended. VR just like Kinect is a Gimmick. Publishers wont waste resources and time on it.

Yea... that doesn't seem likely. There is a massive difference between the Kinect and VR. Just the amount of different VR headsets coming out alone show that.

DieH@rd

Banned
A little surprised Uncharted got the banner this year honestly, I would have assumed Microsoft would go for the jugular in all aspects for advertising Halo 5 this year and got that up there.

It is possible that Sony has a multi-year deal for that advertising space.

If Sony does showcase Morpheus then I want a release date and launch title. If they show a demo of No Man's Sky on Morpheus and a release date on this holiday, I will lose my shit.

It's too early for exact release date and pricing. They will probably unveil that at PSX.

JoshHood

So given that we're likely going to see the final branding for Morpheus at E3 (with it being the last one before release most likely), what do you reckon it'll be called?

So given that we're likely going to see the final branding for Morpheus at E3 (with it being the last one before release most likely), what do you reckon it'll be called?
Although I think they should stay with Morpheus, I would guess they will name it to something like PlayStation Vision, following the Vue, Music and Now pattern.

Why is microsoft using the term "Metroidvania" in an official announcement?

Do they not realize they basically advertizing for nintendo/konami ?

What would you call the genre? Remember that it has to convey the whole 2D action platformer with exploration, secrets and backtracking.

Apologies for the misinformation could have sworn I saw something about submitting an E3 trailer. E3 season got me all confused haha

We submitted the trailer, and I hope Microsoft premieres it during their ID@Xbox E3 presentation. What we don't have is confirmation from Microsoft that the game will be playable etc (they didn't ask for a buid).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom