• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 Officially Cancelled

Zero7

For the last 10 years or so its been more of a corporate/media pissing contest rather than a show about games.

Can't say I will miss it too much.

Elios83

It's not the time for this kind of events with tons of people coming from all over the world.
There was no other option but to cancel it.
There are many other ways to announce stuff using streams or pre-recorded videos on social platforms.

Tbh I wonder if once publishers understand they can totally survive without E3 cutting the costs they are going to bother with it in the future years as well, imo the formula will be completely changed if they want it to survive.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Wouldn't be surprised if Evo gets cancelled as well, kind of a bummer considering the MvC2 20th anniversary tournament. Oh well.

Nymphae

Banned
Honestly the worst part of losing E3 for me is missing the 8-4 Play E3 HYPETRAIN podcasts, they always make me laugh.

I really miss Mark Macdonald's input on the industry, he was great on 1up Yours. John Ricciardi is good as well, but he name drops Era a lot.

Top Bottom