• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA holding live conf on PS4 today at Morgan Stanley tech conf [Up: Summary in OP]

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Well I guess those 10% suddenly turned to 0. Thank christ I'm sick off BS like that.

dr_rus

I dunno. Everything that EA has done right this gen they've managed to fuck up this gen too. The only game from them that I'm remotely interested in right now is Mirror's Edge 2 - and we're even not sure that it'll happen. DA3? Phaleese. BF4? Yeah, right. MEsomething? No trust in Bioware now. Dead Space? Time to end the franchise I think. NFS? Lol. So what exactly are those next gen games from EA I'm supposed to be excited about?

At first he said that PS4 ports will look better with higher rez and maxed effects, then he flips and says that the 720 will have better ports. The fuck...
Nah, it's pretty clear what he says: Xbox devkits were higher spec than the retail units will be but even after this downgrade games on Xbox retail units will look better than on PS4.
That'd mean that the specs of Xbox3 that we have through rumors and leaks right now are completely wrong. Otherwise there's no way that the above may happen.

No.... Increased efficiency just means they'll be able to better utilize the 1.2 TF of THEORETICAL performance of the GPU. It's still 1.84 TF vs 1.2 TF which of course they're going to say are in the same ballpark. Because they are. But the extra CUs on the PS4 GPU will still make a difference.

Thats debatable, purely subjective. It depends on if they utilize that extra power. 50% more is no small joke. I'm speculating that there is a much higher chance they will, compared to if this was the situation last gen. The consoles are so similar(apples to apples), and PS4 is said to be so easy to develop for. Which means it takes a lot less time and money to make improvements. Compared to taking advantage of the extra power in Cell costed publishers an arm and a leg.(DICE- bless their souls)

At first he said that PS4 ports will look better with higher rez and maxed effects, then he flips and says that the 720 will have better ports. The fuck...

Hes saying the games when revealed on 720 will look a lot better, because they've had the up to date dev units for a lot longer.

gaming_noob

Nice observation. Does thuway have twitter? Need an explanation.

I remember paying $70 for Turok Dinosaur Hunter back in 1997.

$126 CDN for Doom 64 at Toys R' Us back in the day...maybe $99 US with the exchange rate in the mid 90's.

Diablos54

I dunno. Everything that EA has done right this gen they've managed to fuck up this gen too. The only game from them that I'm remotely interested in right now is Mirror's Edge 2 - and we're even not sure that it'll happen. DA3? Phaleese. BF4? Yeah, right. MEsomething? No trust in Bioware now. Dead Space? Time to end the franchise I think. NFS? Lol. So what exactly are those next gen games from EA I'm supposed to be excited about?
FIFA!!

RaijinFY

To me sounds like Microsft will throw some bs videos pretending it's running on their machine (at E3?) and then, they will show some noticeably downgrades between E3 and their launch release. That's how i'm reading that.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So FIFA and Battlefield from EA at launch? Surprised there won't even be a gimped version of Madden available.

Kyoufu

To me sounds like Microsft will throw some bs videos pretending it's running on their machine (at E3?) and then, they will show some noticeably downgrades between E3 and their launch release. That's how i'm reading that.

But it's made up...

J-Rzez

If BF4 isn't shown at GDC it's clear we won't see it until their E3 conf. Maybe they're hoping to unload at once and target their main competition, Activision. Which is fine as I hate the 2min "demos" shown at Sony/MS conferences and would rather see greatly expanded demos explaining and pointing out things much more thoroughly. Though they will miss that extra 2mins of publicity.

Einbroch

Banned

Haven't devs had the Durango kit for a while? I'm pretty sure he's just saying that, at E3, 720 games will look better but that it's not really true for games down the road.

How times change, I remember the Xbox 1.5 jibes when they were honest in showing games running on Alpha.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member

He's making shit up... spreading F.U.D.

aganu

Would of he been banned regardless if he just told us the info(cause he wasn't given much time?) So essentially banned for teasing? Or was he banned because he was about to reveal info he wasn't supposed to?
Dunno man, I'm not a mod but I'd classify his post as trolling (sorry thuway!). How do you tell members that they aren't going to believe something that has 10% chance of happening, all veiled in a "I know a secret that you don't" tease. Ridiculous.

Nah, it's pretty clear what he says: Xbox devkits were higher spec than the retail units will be but even after this downgrade games on Xbox retail units will look better than on PS4.
That'd mean that the specs of Xbox3 that we have through rumors and leaks right now are completely wrong. Otherwise there's no way that the above may happen.

I'll say it one more time: Microsoft does not care what Sony's specs are as long as they are in port territory. They are in a very nice place where they can get inferior ports that will look almost as good as the PS4 bretheren. They are coming after your living room, not after your 14 year old brother.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48321042&postcount=34

The 8 GB of RAM gave Sony the advantage in ports that at one time was a wash. Llherre mentioned a while back, when Sony was still at 4, that PS4 would be better at certain things, while Durango at others (mostly memory intensive things). Now PS4 has an unquestionable advantage in terms of tech, but that won't mean much in sales if folks don't care.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=48319190&postcount=358

So i'm not sure what's up with that one quote.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
He also said the same about Destiny not being there on the night. It was there. He also said third parties in general wouldn't be invited, but Capcom, Square and ActiBlizz were invited and showed stuff.

Then he started shit about EA and Sony not getting one well and implying that we might see MS exclusives from them, EA just confirmed BF4 and FIFA for PS4.

Seriously he just seems to be very down on PS4/Sony for some reason, maybe Kaz ran over his dog or something.
It's called confirmation bias. It is totally normal, human, and unavoidable. :)

JCizzle

Sure, I guess that's possible. But it's not like GAF won't notice the CGI and call them out on it.

dr_rus

Sure why not? I'll be surprised if it'll run on less than 2 GHz at least. I mean, my Core i7 is running at 3.6 GHz while being a lot lot lot more complex than the Jaguar cores used in PS4 APU.

So i'm not sure what's up with that one quote.
Specs for Xbox3 isn't set in stone at the moment. That's the reason why they hadn't announced it yet. But even if they'll go for an upgrade after seeing what SCE has to offer, that can't be a complete rebuild of the system. The basics of the architecture should stay the same - meaning that there will be a ESRAM buffer and a slower DDR3 RAM pool, Jaguars and a GCN GPU. They can change the metrics of these though - make the ESRAM larged or increase the DDR3 size or up the number of CUs in the GPU.

It was a bit confusing but I see what he was talking about now.

I assume the E3 720 'demos' will look better than the PS4 demos.

I can live with that. I guess it's up to Sony's first party devs to show us what the PS4 can really do then.

• Data collected on gamers through created technology and algorithms allow them to engage the players.

Translation: You will be profiled whether you opt in or not and then have marketing rammed down your throat at every opportunity - it will be relentless.

Ugh.

Next gen really is going to suck.

Investors will love this, gamers not so much...

you guys are lightweights, I payed $149 (Australian) for Mortal Kombat 2 on the Mega Drive. Granted the aus dollar wasn't worth shit compared to today but that was a lotta dollars for 13y/o me

The PS4 launch really wasnt that impressive by most accounts. The only "real" game they showed was KZ4 and it arguably looked like a PS3 game +.

I think it's funny but it wouldn't surprise me the least if the Durango event showcases better looking games than what was at the PS4 event. It's just something I kind of see coming for whatever reason, especially since the internet seemingly declared PS4 to utterly crush Durango, and well these things usually blow back...

It's likely Durango games are in a currently higher state of polish for example, imo.

That doesnt mean that Durango games in 2015 will look better than PS4 games in 2015, of course.

I remember paying $70 for Turok Dinosaur Hunter back in 1997.

Yup, $73 or something for Final Fantasy 3...

Which would be the equivalent of like $120 today...

And I must be the only one, but I never traded in any games...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I seriously believe $70 games will cause a crash. Consumers have a plethora of cheap iOS games and colossal backlogs to choose from now.

It wouldn't crash at 70. Publishers will just dial the price back down. PSN will have self publishing and the publisher can choose any price range.

njean777

I seriously believe $70 games will cause a crash. Consumers have a plethora of cheap iOS games and colossal backlogs to choose from now.

I believe it will hurt traditional gaming as well. 60$ is already a lot of money, but upping it even more for no reason is just beyond ludicrous. Its pure greed at this point.

Alebrije

Definitely not happy about $70 games. I'm sure EA aren't the only with that figure in mind.

Well , it will depends how demand elasticity behaves , from my point of view is a risky step since today economy is weak. also I do not get why a videogame will cost more if PS4/DURANGO are more friendly systems than PS3/360 (specially PS4).

But how can thuway know something like this?

JCizzle

I think it would be interesting if only one publisher tried to make the leap - imagine a $70 BF4 going up against a $60 COD.

If EA is floating that figure then they're going to be pushing Sony and MS to let them set their games at that price. I guess that was in some ways aimed at Sony since Tretton said that games would be between .99 and $60.

Majanew

Banned
$70 games? In this economy? Haha ... hello crash. That price won't stick. Especially, Xbox versions that you can't trade in because MS is run by morons.

Top Bottom