• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emmy Award Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

-griffy-

Banned
Wow, Game of Thrones killed it in the acting noms this year. Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, Lena Heady, Maisie Williams and Emilia Clarke all in supporting, Max Von Sydow for guest appearance.

ezekial45

Banned
I'm a bit annoyed that American Crime Story wasn't nominated for best drama, yet Homeland was. Again.

EDIT: Ah, I see. Limited series. Still, people need to give Homeland a rest.

I don't know what's more ridiculous, that Tatiana's character list keeps growing or the fact that they still forgot one. RIP Beth

zn3iERo.jpg

BraXzy

Of the shows nominated that I saw from a quick skim, I've seen GoT, Kimmy Schmidt, House of Cards and Better Call Saul.

Out of the rest, what do people recommend the most? :D

Sanjuro

Yeah that's a big WTF. Dude had like 12 lines throughout the whole series. He was good and played his part perfectly, but lead he was not and even then his performance wasn't that amazing. Especially compared to the rest of the cast.

I'd even nominate David Schwimmer for his diversity pronouncing the word "juice".

No way in hell anything beats GoT this year when they won with the awful season 5

Also Fargo better not get snubbed because season 2 was incredible and I feel like a few people have forgotten about it

ezekial45

Banned
Glad to see The Knick was nominated for Outstanding Directing for the last episode. It most definitely won't win against Game of Thrones, but the episode itself was just fantastic.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So great to see The Americans get some recognition. Criminally overlooked show.

Louie Anderson for Baskets is so great too.

Joeku

So presumably no Horace and Pete due to the nature of its release?

Alan Alda, Steve Buscemi, and Edie Falco were all amazing in it.

Aya Cash was robbed

Fucking ridiculous, that entire show (You're The Worst) got robbed as far as I'm concerned ..meanwhile Amy Schumer is still getting noms.

Glad to see The Americans getting recognized. Russell MUST win that category, Rhys might lose to Odenkirk but that's ok.

Edit: Character actress Margo Martindale should win again for guest actress too

Sanjuro

Glad to see The Knick was nominated for Outstanding Directing for the last episode. It most definitely won't win against Game of Thrones, but the episode itself was just fantastic.

I doubt there are many programs which will end better than The Knick.

Raxus

Pretty ho hum list this year. Nice Black-ish got a nod. It's not going to win mind you but it is nice none the less.

These children show nominations are an affront to God. Dog with a Blog. Seriously?

Drama should be an interesting category. Let's go The Americans/Mr. Robot!
Wright and Russell are plenty deserving, but I'd love to see Tatiana finally win this too.
It is nice to have so many strong lead actresses this year. I don't mind any of them taking the gold, even Claire Danes. I am rooting for Russell though.
Wright and Russell are plenty deserving, but I'd love to see Tatiana finally win this too.
It'd lose to Game of Thrones anyway.

addik

Good noms. I'm okay with either Veep or Master of None getting comedy, but Jane the Virgin should have been nominated as well.

JLD is definitely getting that lead actress award, but I hope Tituss Burgess gets supporting actor over the Veep actors. Pleasant surprise to see Matt Walsh in too.

Also Fargo better not get snubbed because season 2 was incredible and I feel like a few people have forgotten about it

I think it won't be so much as snubbed but OJ Simpson vs The People might win over it. I do hope Kirsten Dunst wins at least, and that Fargo gets a writing award for Loplop.

So presumably no Horace and Pete due to the nature of its release?

Alan Alda, Steve Buscemi, and Edie Falco were all amazing in it.

this at least

Outstanding Guest Actress In A Drama Series

Horace And Pete • louisck.net • Pig Newton, Inc.
Laurie Metcalf as Sarah

she's a triple nominee for H&P, Getting On, and Big Bang Theory

-griffy-

Banned
I see we are still not showing love to that actress on orphan black that plays 6 different characters

That's cool :/
She's there
Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Claire Danes, Homeland
Viola Davis, How to Get Away with Murder
Taraji P Henson, Empire
Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black
Keri Russell, The Americans
Robin Wright, House of Cards

Elandyll

Banned
I know the show gets a lot of hate (pretty much like everything that is uber popular), but has Andrew Lincoln ever gotten any nom for TWD?

Episode quality vary enormously in the show, but he puts in quality and intense performances pretty much every time I see him.

#shrug

Amazing amount of great TV this past year or so. But Maisie Williams? She was mediocre at best.

Agreed, as much as I love GoT Williams and Emilia Clarke are in no way delivering award-worthy performances.

I am also starting to believe that the Homeland people are bribing the Emmys.

Jigorath

Banned
Agreed, as much as I love GoT Williams and Emilia Clarke are in no way delivering award-worthy performances.

I am also starting to believe that the Homeland people are bribing the Emmys.

I've long since given up on figuring out what Emmy voters see in Emilia Clarke's performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom