• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emmy Award Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

C'mon, surely this will be Chlumsky's year?

(If last year's rant didn't get it, I doubt this year will pull it off, alas)

zma1013

I know the show gets a lot of hate (pretty much like everything that is uber popular), but has Andrew Lincoln ever gotten any nom for TWD?

Episode quality vary enormously in the show, but he puts in quality and intense performances pretty much every time I see him.

#shrug

Yeah I think the overall quality of a show can have a negative impact on the best acting categories even though it probably shouldn't, but I guess just the acting part isn't entirely isolated in its own bubble. He pretty much built up and sold that entire ending sequence on the last TWD finale by himself, before the showrunners screwed up and deflated the moment.

That being said, I think the crowd is always so tough that I can understand why he's never on the list. There are just better roles with incredible actors at the helm that have more to work with to flex that acting muscle.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Is Mr.Robot really that good? I saw the first two episodes, and it didn't hook me.

Yes. The main actor alone deserves props for how he portrays a character with social anxiety.

Also did HBO not submit the actor who plays Ramsay on GoT for anything? Dude was hated by all, so he did his job very well.

Pedrito

Yeah for The Americans, Rhys and Russell!

The guy playing the author in House of Cards is nominated. I haven't seen S4 yet, but I remember thinking he was awful in S3. Does he improve?

Speevy

Banned
Maisie Williams deserved to get nominated for seasons 2 and 3.

Her performance in season 6 was decent.

I wouldn't have nominated him for season 6 because he was barely in it, but Alfie Allen should be retroactively nominated for seasons 1-5.

-griffy-

Banned
Testament to the problems of #PeakTV that we can get a year of great nominees like this and still have a bunch of notable snubs. Just too much good stuff out there.

Kirsten had the Emmy in the bag until People v. OJ and Sarah Paulson came along and absolutely blew up her changes. It's between them two and with the huge OJ comeback this year, I'm willing to bet it's Paulson.

Nominations by network:

HBO 94
FX 56
Netflix 54
NBC 41
ABC 35
CBS 35
Fox 29
PBS 26
AMC 24
Showtime 22
Comedy Central 17
Amazon 16
History 13
A&E 12
CNN 9
National Geographic 9
Discovery 8
Lifetime 7
Adult Swim 6
USA 6
CW 5
BBC America 4
Cinemax 4
Disney Channel 4
IFC 4
Nickelodeon 4
Starz 4
TBS 4
Cartoon Network 3
Crackle 3

And by series (5 or more):

Game of Thrones 23
People v. O.J. Simpson: 22
Fargo 18
Veep 17
Saturday Night Live 16
House of Cards 13
The Night Manager 12
Silicon Valley 11
Downton Abbey 10
Grease: Live 10
Transparent 10
All the Way 8
American Horror Story: Hotel 8
Better Call Saul 7
Big Bang Theory 7
Key & Peele 7
Roots 7
Making a Murderer 6
Last Week Tonight With John Oliver 6
Mr. Robot 6
Penny Dreadful 6
Sherlock 6
The Voice 6
What Happened, Miss Simone 6
The Americans 5
Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown 5
Cartel Land 5
He Named Me Malala 5
The Oscars 5
Ray Donovan 5

epmode

I was hoping that Rhea Seehorn (Kim from Better Call Saul) would get nominated. Because she's amazing. Maybe next year!

Silexx

So how salty is Bill Maher gonna be when John Oliver, his HBO compatriot, wins for Outstanding Variety Talk Series?

Sloane

Banned
That's nice for The Americans. I was going to complain about House of Cards and Homeland but then I thought about which shows should be replacing them considering OJ, Fargo, and The Night Manager don't count, and I more or less came up short. So much for Peak TV?

I was hoping that Rhea Seehorn (Kim from Better Call Saul) would get nominated. Because she's amazing. Maybe next year!
Yeah, that was my one disappointment. But if she was a lead then it was stacked, and if she was supporting then they were handing them out to Thrones actresses like candy.

JCX

Crazy Ex must have missed a deadline, otherwise not sure why it isn't up for best comedy with Bloom as a best actress nominee.

Raxus

Full Frontal not being nominated for Variety Talk Show is bullshit.

I can promise you it will make the cut next year. It only had a handful of episodes under its belt for this years cut off date.
Crazy Ex must have missed a deadline, otherwise not sure why it isn't up for best comedy with Bloom as a best actress nominee.

Straight up snubbed. They even (accidently) posted their Emmy campaign on iTunes earlier in the year.

Sanjuro

So how salty is Bill Maher gonna be when John Oliver, his HBO compatriot, wins for Outstanding Variety Talk Series?

It's going to be like when Janice in accounting gets passed up by Rachel for employee of the month.

"God DAMN it, Rachel. I can't fucking believe you right now! You don't fucking deserve it, Rachel!"

jett

D-Member
It'd be nice if Mr Robot got the recognition it deserved.

Thomas Middleditch, Silicon Valley

That's aight I guess but literally everybody else in the main cast deserved a nomination over him.

suvrobot

Neo Member
Also did HBO not submit the actor who plays Ramsay on GoT for anything? Dude was hated by all, so he did his job very well.

Nope. According to the nominating ballots HBO only submitted the names of the following nine actors: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, Emilia Clarke, Lena Headey, Sophie Turner, Carice van Houten, Maisie Williams and Max von Sydow.

kevin1025

Banned
Never any love for Rectify which, by rights, should be winning all of the awards.

I'm happy with everything else, but yes, Rectify being ignored is insanity.

The Americans finally getting the love it's always deserved is so good to see. Mr. Robot grabbing some stuff up is also nice to see.

But I get the feeling Game of Thrones is going to dominate again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom