• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emmy Award Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rachel Bloom got snubbed hard, but Settle For Me is a really solid Original Song pick and it'll be a good little showcase for Crazy Ex having that play during the Emmys ceremony.

Majmun

Outstanding Directing For A Variety Special
Lemonade • HBO • HBO Entertainment in association with Parkwood Entertainment

Outstanding Picture Editing For Variety Programming

Outstanding Variety Special

Outstanding Production Design For A Variety, Nonfiction, Event Or Award Special

Come to momma
doNK7x8.jpg

JSevere

Spotted Phineas & Ferb and Steven Universe in the Outstanding Animation and Short Form Animation categories. Hope they win, those episodes were really strong.

Hopefully Tatiana Maslany wins this year. I see the winner of best is between Mr.Robot or Game of Thrones. I have no idea whos going to win Outstanding Limited Series, because all of them are excellent. I guess American Crime Story will win but I rather want Fargo to win again(that show is so damn good) I hope Last Week Tonight with John Oliver wins Variety Talk Series... its better then an that other crap on the list.
Is the Homeland series still good? I stopped watching after Brody's story was wrapped up in, i believe, season 3. I left satisfied.
Season 4 was great and season 4 was okay.

I think it's safe to predict that The People v O.J. Simpson will probably win most of their nominations (sorry Cuba) because my god that was one hell of a TV show.

Revolver

Is this Tatiana's first nom? Glad to see her get recognized. The show's all over the place quality wise but she's fantastic.

No Emmy Rossum or Rectify noms is disappointing.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
It's going to be like when Janice in accounting gets passed up by Rachel for employee of the month.

"God DAMN it, Rachel. I can't fucking believe you right now! You don't fucking deserve it, Rachel!"

50% of the jokes in John Oliver's show are like that.

jett

D-Member
Of the major characters? Probably since most of them are decent to great. Kit would probably be runner up to Emilia at this point.

Some of the guest roles have been way worse though.

You're thinking about the fookin' legend of Gin Alley, aren't you.

The actors for Jon Snow and Dany being the worst in the show is some sad shit.

Fox318

How does James Corden's show get a nom?

His show is horrible.

It pales in comparison to what Craig Ferguson did with the show.

Is this Tatiana's first nom? Glad to see her get recognized. The show's all over the place quality wise but she's fantastic.
Second. Finally got the first one last year.

How does James Corden's show get a nom?

His show is horrible.

It pales in comparison to what Craig Ferguson did with the show.
Because even though the show is terrible and does pale in comparison to Craig Ferguson's show, the Carpool Karaoke segments on their own are huge.

Meowster

I hadn't thought about Max Von Sydow. It's not a particularly showy role but he was always consistent great in the role. I'm happy he got the nomination. The Game of Thrones praise for the acting in particular this season.. it is deserved IMHO.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Unless I'm missing something, Show Me a Hero was completely and utterly snubbed. That's some bullshit.

The Americans with 5 total nominations is pretty nice, however.

Kimmel or Corden should definitely be swapped out for Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.

Drama Series

The Americans
Better Call Saul
Downton Abbey
Game of Thrones
Homeland
House of Cards
Mr. Robot

Comedy Series

Black-ish
Master of None
Modern Family
Silicon Valley
Veep
Transparent
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Limited Series

American Crime
Fargo
The Night Manager
The People v O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story
Roots

Lead Actor in a Drama Series

Kyle Chandler, Bloodline
Rami Malek, Mr. Robot
Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
Matthew Rhys, The Americans
Liev Schreiber, Ray Donovan
Kevin Spacey, House of Cards

Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Claire Danes, Homeland
Viola Davis, How to Get Away with Murder
Taraji P Henson, Empire
Tatiana Maslany, Orphan Black
Keri Russell, The Americans
Robin Wright, House of Cards

My personal picks. Finally the Americans gets the recognition it deserves.

kswiston

It better not.

There are better shows on that list.

I can see the show getting rewarded for keeping the quality consistently high for so long. You can make an argument that season 6 was the best season to date. Most of the acting categories will go to other shows, but I think it has a strong shot at directing and best drama.

Unless I'm missing something, Show Me a Hero was completely and utterly snubbed. That's some bullshit.

The Americans with 5 total nominations is pretty nice, however.

Kimmel or Corden should definitely be swapped out for Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.
You're right, good memory. Awful snub.

ryseing

Of the major characters? Probably since most of them are decent to great. Kit would probably be runner up to Emilia at this point.

Some of the guest roles have been way worse though.

You're thinking about the fookin' legend of Gin Alley, aren't you.

The actors for Jon Snow and Dany being the worst in the show is some sad shit.

Kit was great last season. Definitely regressed this season but still miles above Clarke.

Spotted Phineas & Ferb and Steven Universe in the Outstanding Animation and Short Form Animation categories. Hope they win, those episodes were really strong.

Steven Universe's The Answer deserves to win and Phineas & Ferb deserves it since it was the series finale and that show deserves an Emmy for being really, really good for a kid's cartoon. I'm kind of sad Gravity Falls didn't get a nod, but it was up against stuff like the Simpsons, Archer, Bob's Burgers, etc. because it's a 22-minute show.

If Powerpuff Girls beats out Adventure Time and Steven Universe, I will be so fucking pissed. I think it will be either Adventure Time or Steven Universe though.

Never any love for Rectify which, by rights, should be winning all of the awards.

Agreed.

Maslany won't win but that would be a truly awesome moment if she did. Malek and Mr. Robot definitely deserve to win out of the nominated shows. The People Vs. OJ Simpson deserves to sweep the miniseries categories.

I'm ready to LOL if GoT wins any more major awards and hoping the wildly overrated Americans and Master of None both come up empty.

kevin1025

Banned
Agreed.

Maslany won't win but that would be a truly awesome moment if she did. Malek and Mr. Robot definitely deserve to win out of the nominated shows. The People Vs. OJ Simpson deserves to sweep the miniseries categories.

I'm ready to LOL if GoT wins any more major awards and hoping the wildly overrated Americans and Master of None both come up empty.
Mr Robot feels more like a Golden Globe potential winner.

Emmy's like going tried and true, for better or worse.

Agreed.

The Americans is wildly overrated? In what world? If anything, it's shamefully underrated.

DOWN

Banned
You forgot to add that Beyoncé is winning best director for LEMONADE op

But seriously she's nominated which is awesome

kevin1025

Banned
The Americans is wildly overrated? In what world? If anything, it's shamefully underrated.

There's some that either couldn't get into it or don't feel the same about it as a lot of us do. The first season was incredibly cold, in terms of trying to relate and get involved with these characters. Matthew Rhys was what kept me going. Then everything else clicked. But now that we're in this far, the show has hit an incredible level. It took me two tries of the pilot back when it first aired to finally become interested.

Hopefully more people give it more of a chance.

Jonathan Banks better not get screwed again, Dinklage shouldn't have won best supporting actor last year and he shouldn't even been nominated this year or last for that matter. I'm glad Malek and Mr.Robot got nominations and Maslany but I'm salty Crazy Ex-Girlfriend didn't get any nominations for the ones people will actually see. I mean to be fair the categories are stacked but so much repetition year after year...

The Emmys really is just another Peoples' Choice Awards now.

kswiston

Kit was great last season. Definitely regressed this season but still miles above Clarke.

I think that Kit is competent, but the acting in GOT is generally good, so he is still lower tier. He's better than Emilia Clarke, but other than that, who else out of the major characters? Maybe Bran and Brienne.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I love Game of Thrones but come on, what have Peter Dinklage, Kit Harrington and Emilia Clarke done this season to deserve a nomination?

I think that Kit is competent, but the acting in GOT is generally good, so he is still lower tier. He's better than Emilia Clarke, but other than that, who else out of the major characters? Maybe Bran and Brienne.

He's just above low tier. Low tier is Clarke, King Lilly Tomlin, Sansa, Bran, that wildling lady helping Bran, more I can't think of the names of.

No Eva Green?

Lame..

Yeah it's pretty damn wack how invisible her and the show itself is to these awards. Best female performance on TV every year it's been running.

Really bizarre how Show Me a Hero was locked out too. Oscar Isaac fucking easily had best lead performance in the bag. Certainly better than Hiddleston in Night Manager and that wack Cumberbatch Sherlock episode.

Phased

Good for Americans, they had an absolutely killer season this year. They deserve it.

It's among the best shows on TV right now IMO. I also feel like I'm alone in my love for Modern Family. To me it's consistently funny.

J_Viper

The Americans finally gets some respect

Fucking Lol at Maise, Emilia, and Dinklage getting nominated. Kit and Lena were both great.

I'm not super into Mr. Robot, something about the dialogue is off, but Rami is awesome. So is Slater, I'm surprised to see him missing.

Happy to see Jon Banks and Ben Mendelsohn get noms.

Tituss Burgess is hysterical, I hope he gets it.

Sad to see Colbert missing from the list. Yeah, the show is mostly garbage, but no more than Fallon or Corden.

I saw two episodes of Master of None and thought it was atrocious. I've liked Aziz in other things, but he's quite bad in this.

Seeing a nom for Full Frontal is great as well. Sam Bee has been excellent so far.

Maengun1

Of course, OITNB basically no-showing except for the standard Uzo Aduba nom, too.

That's why I can't stand the Emmys. You could fill the whole acting category with talented people from OITNB, but emmy voters watched a couple episodes of season 1 and thought "okay Uzo Aduba is the person we're going to nominate from this show" and that's just the way it will be until the show ends. It's like that with everything, it takes a miracle to cause a shake up.

I don't think most of the people who vote even watch the shows tbh

IronRinn

Jonathan Banks better not get screwed again, Dinklage shouldn't have won best supporting actor last year and he shouldn't even been nominated this year or last for that matter. I'm glad Malek and Mr.Robot got nominations and Maslany but I'm salty Crazy Ex-Girlfriend didn't get any nominations for the ones people will actually see. I mean to be fair the categories are stacked but so much repetition year after year...

The Emmys really is just another Peoples' Choice Awards now.
Agreed. Hell, watching his speech last year, I'm pretty sure Dinklage agreed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom