• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emmy Award Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost_Ace

That's why I can't stand the Emmys. You could fill the whole acting category with talented people from OITNB, but emmy voters watched a couple episodes of season 1 and thought "okay Uzo Aduba is the person we're going to nominate from this show" and that's just the way it will be until the show ends. It's like that with everything, it takes a miracle to cause a shake up.

I don't think most of the people who vote even watch the shows tbh
The potential nominees are submitted by the producera of the show btw :p

Ledbetter

Good to see Thomas Middleditch in there but I wanted to see Zach Woods too, Jared was the best character all season long. And Master of None started kinda weak but finished strong, I'd like to see this or SV win at least something, but probably Veep will win everything.

The only thing that annoys me is how Emilia Clarke and Maisie Williams are there but Rhea Seehorn is not. At least I expect Jonathan Banks to win this year.

TripOpt55

Really happy to see Mr. Robot and The Americans get nominated. I suspected they would be this year, but it is still great to see. The one I was really pulling for was Aya Cash (You're the Worst) for Best Lead Actress in a Comedy. Her and Rami Malek had my favorite performances from this Emmy period. Of course, I'd always welcome Rectify getting some love too, but definitely wasn't expecting it.

Hope Hall of Egress wins best animated short. It was so good. AT is great at artsy stand alone shorts. SU's the answer was also pretty good but felt rushed and doesn't have as much impact without watching the rest of the show.

The Leftovers is the biggest snub imo. The last couple of episodes in season 2 were amazing.

Glad to see Fargo get a good amount of nominations though.

Miguel Sapochnik deserves all the noms. Cinefix did a great job about why Battle of the Bastards was such a cinematic tour de force, though for me his own Winds of Winter topped it. The sequence in which Cersei's plan came to fruition was phenomenal film making.

It's a shame he won't be back next season.

Revolver

Man, I've been meaning to start watching "Homeland" for the longest >_<

I honestly forgot it still comes on. I dropped it after season 2 and never went back.

Been meaning to watch The Americans for the longest time. For some reason I never got around to watching it.

Are you telling me the TV Academy finally got their heads out their own asses and gave The Americans some much needed love? About damn time
pls nominate Holly Taylor next time

And thank God they didn't nominate acting fraud Lady Gaga

drama - better call saul by a looong shot.
comedy - master of none
limited - fargo
lead actor - tie between odenkirk and rhys
lead actress - keri russel by a long shot

Rooting for Louie Anderson hard.

I feel like Will Arnett and BoJack Horseman deserve some praise but whatever. Same with Andy Daly on Review but that's me being bias.

_Isaac

That's why I can't stand the Emmys. You could fill the whole acting category with talented people from OITNB, but emmy voters watched a couple episodes of season 1 and thought "okay Uzo Aduba is the person we're going to nominate from this show" and that's just the way it will be until the show ends. It's like that with everything, it takes a miracle to cause a shake up.

I don't think most of the people who vote even watch the shows tbh

Uzo Adubo didn't even get nominated. Orange Is The New Black got one nomination, and it's for Outstanding Casting For A Drama Series.

No Leftovers or Better Call Saul?

WTF?

Huh? Better Call Saul has 7 nominations including Drama and Lead in a Drama.

Toothless

Little disappointed that Lane didn't get in over Travolta and Schwimmer, but it's whatever. OJ noms are good, and I'm really happy for Bokeem (although I'm disappointed Wilson was ignored) for Fargo Season 2.

Otherwise, I don't really watch TV so... cool I guess, especially for Americans and Black-ish.

Not

Banned
And Crazy Ex-Girlfriend got shafted. That's the best non-HBO comedy on TV. I'll never forgive them.

rekameohs

Banned
Wow, Rhea Seehorn not even nominated. Emmy's, you cray. She was the best part of this season, even over Odenkirk and Banks.

Lothar

Banned
What are the Americans and Fargo about? Which one should I watch? Someone sell me on them pls.

It was a joke that Peter Dinklage won last year. Even though he's a great actor, they gave him nothing to do last year. He better not win over Jonathan Banks.

Sophie Turner should have been nominated over Maisie and Emilia. Even though Arya is my favorite character and Maisie is one of my favorite people on the show, they didn't give her much to work with this year.

Not

Banned
I really think that Michael Mando should've gotten a nomination. He was my favorite part of BCS season 2.

No Eva Green is beyond shameful.
dame2.png

_Isaac

How is there no Patrick Wilson or Jesse Plemons for Fargo?

Jesse Plemons did get nominated for Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or a Movie for his role on Fargo. Well deserved too.

Holy shit Honest Trailers got nominated for an Emmy. What a crazy new world.

Wow you're right. I didn't even notice that. Gay of Thrones and Epic Rap Battles of History were also nominated. :eek:

Rhea definitely should've got a nomination.

Agreed. Hell, watching his speech last year, I'm pretty sure Dinklage agreed as well.

I'm sure he did too.

What are the Americans and Fargo about? Which one should I watch? Someone sell me on them pls.

It was a joke that Peter Dinklage won last year. Even though he's a great actor, they gave him nothing to do last year. He better not win over Jonathan Banks.

Sophie Turner should have been nominated over Maisie and Emilia. Even though Arya is my favorite character and Maisie is one of my favorite people on the show, they didn't give her much to work with this year.

Yeah, Sophie I could see but Maisie and Emilia seem to only get attention because they have the "bad ass moments".

Fury451

Banned
Jesse Plemons did get nominated for Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or a Movie for his role on Fargo. Well deserved too.

Completely missed it, thanks. Very well deserved. He was great on Friday Night Lights, but put Todd from Breaking Bad next to Ed on Fargo and you can see a real acting talent blow you away.

Turin

Banned
And once again the refusal to acknowledge the fine work Hugh Dancy, Mads Mikkelsen and Bryan Fuller did with Hannibal.

Fuck the Emmy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom