• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN January Sale - Save up-to 60% off - PS4, PS3 & Vita - 500+ items

Omikaru

I've got about £17 in my wallet. Anyone want to recommend me console exclusives in the sale? Happy to add a little extra to my wallet if necessary.

I have a PC, so nothing I can play on that platform. Just the exclusives. PS4 or Vita. PS3 at a stretch, but I'm pretty much done with it save for when I want to play Miku games on the big screen.

My favourite games are probably Persona 4, Deus Ex, MGS2, Hotel Dusk, and Shenmue, and I'm pretty open minded about what I play so long as it has something interesting going for it (good writing, pleasing aesthetics, and such).

Bliddo

Got Dragon Quest Builders on this sale.
The game is awesome, it's keeping me glued to my PS4.
I don't care for Minecraft, but DQB takes its formula and adds charm and a purpose to it, and it works surprisingly well.

I've got about £17 in my wallet. Anyone want to recommend me console exclusives in the sale? Happy to add a little extra to my wallet if necessary.

I have a PC, so nothing I can play on that platform. Just the exclusives. PS4 or Vita. PS3 at a stretch, but I'm pretty much done with it save for when I want to play Miku games on the big screen.

My favourite games are probably Persona 4, Deus Ex, MGS2, Hotel Dusk, and Shenmue, and I'm pretty open minded about what I play so long as it has something interesting going for it (good writing, pleasing aesthetics, and such).

Dragon Quest Builders for PS4 or Vita, whatever you prefer. It's outstanding. Top 3 GOTY for me

Persona 4 Dancing All Night since you Like P4 and rhythm games. Superbeat Xonic as well

The Trails of Cold Steel games

Shiren the Wanderer is an amazing mystery dungeon/roguelike game, surprisingly deep mechanics and fantastic pixel art

Severed is a great dungeon crawler with actually good touchscreen combat and a cool atmosphere

Bloodborne, but I'm not sure that needs to be pointed out

Gravity Rush Remastered! That game has a Ghibli-like quality to it, the atmosphere and the writing is super charming.

Omikaru

Dragon Quest Builders for PS4 or Vita, whatever you prefer. It's outstanding. Top 3 GOTY for me

Persona 4 Dancing All Night since you Like P4 and rhythm games. Superbeat Xonic as well

The Trails of Cold Steel games

Shiren the Wanderer is an amazing mystery dungeon/roguelike game, surprisingly deep mechanics and fantastic pixel art

Severed is a great dungeon crawler with actually good touchscreen combat and a cool atmosphere

Bloodborne, but I'm not sure that needs to be pointed out

Gravity Rush Remastered! That game has a Ghibli-like quality to it, the atmosphere and the writing is super charming.
Thanks!

I have Gravity Rush, Severed (on my phone) and P4DAN, but I'll check out the others save for Bloodborne, as I don't like Souls games.

Sajko

Never played Catherine. Great discount on it so I bought it. Then because of stupid Sony restrictions with predetermined mandatory wallet amounts, I threw in Soulcalibur II HD to make use of those 5 euros.

Now considering I barely turn on PS3 for a while now I hope I can actually finish the game in 2017.

Pellaidh

Neo Member
Dirt: Rally - love the genre but afraid I Will not enjoy the game without a racing Wheel. Any experiences from using a regular DS4? Seems to be very sim focused

I've only played it with a controller (DS3 on the PC, but I don't imagine a DS4 would be much different) and it's pretty much one of my favorite racing games of all time. It's definitely playable and enjoyable, even with all of the assists turned off.

VDenter

Banned
Time to finally play ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. Only played them in short burst in the past but now is the time especially since i will probably get the Last Guardian down the line at some point.

Also i am considering buying the original Ratchet and Clank Trilogy never been the biggest fan of these games but that might be because i only played the PS3 games and i heard those were worse than the PS2 originals. So i am willing to give this series another shot. Also i might pick up the PS4 Remake.

DagsJT

I bought Firewatch a few days ago but didn't realise until yesterday that there's a bundle with the theme which is supposed to be excellent.

So I emailed PlayStation support and asked if I can have a refund or be charged the 80p to get the theme instead. I know they can be really awkward with refunds so didn't expect anything but they've just emailed to say they've refunded me. Nice to see.

I've finally did it. I'm ready to ascend to a higher plain of life.

I've bought Knack.

Pro owners, which is more of a worthwhile way to play? High definition graphics or higher frame rate? I've gone for higher frame rate as the difference is usually more obvious, but is there a significant graphical upgrade with the high definition mode?

v1oz

What's a better buy for its price Rise of the Tomb Raider or Uncharted 4?

Also which game has the better single player campaign Doom or Titanfall 2?

Retsudo

I've bought Knack.

Heh i've had it in my cart since the beginning of the sale, just waiting until tomorrow to see if it's on ps+. If it's not oh well it's only 6 euros. gonna ascend either way. =)

Whats guilty gear xerd signs single player content like?. Sfv is my online fighter but I wouldn't mind trying gg if there is enough offline stuff. Especially at that price

RAWRferal

I've bought Knack.

Pro owners, which is more of a worthwhile way to play? High definition graphics or higher frame rate? I've gone for higher frame rate as the difference is usually more obvious, but is there a significant graphical upgrade with the high definition mode?

4k mode is missing some shadows and is generally inferior according to a DF video I watched IIRC.

Intel_89

Whats guilty gear xerd signs single player content like?. Sfv is my online fighter but I wouldn't mind trying gg if there is enough offline stuff. Especially at that price

I can't help you in that regard but I'd like to give you an heads up as the physical version of REVELATOR (which came out after SIGN) is currently the same price at Base, it might be a better bang for your buck.

I am playing through Ratchet and Clank at the moment.Is Knack very similar?

Not really. Knack is much more of a brawler with a lot of connected rooms presenting different combat situations. Much much less of a platformer, and I don't really consider ratchet to be much of a platformer. I like Knack for what it is though.

I bought Firewatch a few days ago but didn't realise until yesterday that there's a bundle with the theme which is supposed to be excellent.

So I emailed PlayStation support and asked if I can have a refund or be charged the 80p to get the theme instead. I know they can be really awkward with refunds so didn't expect anything but they've just emailed to say they've refunded me. Nice to see.

Well that is great because...

Firewatch Dynamic Theme is best PS4 theme!

Devil

What's a better buy for its price Rise of the Tomb Raider or Uncharted 4?

Depends who you ask and what you want. I'd say get Tomb Raider for the better gameplay, exploration, survivalist feeling. But the story and characters are garbage. Uncharted 4 has easily the more entertaining and charming characters and incredible presentation. I personally hate almost every second actually playing the game (shooting, climbing, sneaking). Others love it though.

Dirt: Rally - love the genre but afraid I Will not enjoy the game without a racing Wheel. Any experiences from using a regular DS4? Seems to be very sim focused
it's perfectly playable on a controller, that's how I play. It's unforgiving and extremely difficult. But very rewarding and much fun.

If you want arcade try WRC 6.

pbayne

Final haul was:

Salt and Sanct
Enter the Gungeon
Lara Croft and Temple of Osiris
Aragami
Darkest Dungeon
Bully
Journey
Neverending Nightmare
And Shiren for my vita

KZObsessed

Got Dragon Quest Builders on this sale.
The game is awesome, it's keeping me glued to my PS4.
I don't care for Minecraft, but DQB takes its formula and adds charm and a purpose to it, and it works surprisingly well.

^^ This is exactly me.

Bought World of Final Fantasy as well which is also great.

GeeTeeCee

Despite claiming I wouldn't buy anything during this sale, I gave in and got Batman: The Telltale Series and Firewatch (with the dynamic theme). So I now fully expect Firewatch to turn up in January's PS+ offerings because that's how these things usually work out for me.

WITHE1982

Looks like I'm going for:

Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter - £12
Resident Evil 4 - £8
Resident Evil 5 - £8
The Bunker - £6.39
Ratchet and Clank - £13

I've been waiting for RE 4 or 5 to drop below £10 so now's the chance for me to finally grab 'em.

I played through R&C at launch and loved it but gave my copy away shortly after. At £13 I really can't resist playing through it again with the new patches.

SH and The Bunker are slower paced adventure games for me and the wife to play through together.

I'm guessing PS+ games for Jan will be announced today? I'm gonna hold off anyway but think I'm pretty safe with the games I've picked TBH.

Cartho

I put about 75 hours into The Divsion on PC on launch, stopped shortly after the first incursion. Is it worth getting back into on PS4? What's the playerbase like? Decent size? Is it ok to get pick up groups and stuff?

Guys any impressions on Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. I'm a Naruto fan so will enjoy the game because of the characters and such but is the gameplay actually good? I played one of them on PS3 way back and thought it was just okay

Ahiko

Neo Member
I'm looking to get:
Aragami (€9,99)
Oceanhorn (€7,49)
Hotline Miami 2 (€3,59)
Psychonauts (€3,99)

Still a bit unsure about hotline or oceanhorn... I have a feeling either one of these games will get in plus. Hopefully Sony will announce the line-up soon so I can commit on these!

GazzaGSi

I thought I'd done spending but Ratchet & Clank has been bugging me after reading how good the Pro/HDR update is for it so added that to the list and downloading it now. At £12.99 I couldn't resist. No more!! :)

I still haven't bought anything ¬_¬ But with the January PS+ titles now confirmed, I am ready to place my first order!

What should my first purchase be:

Salt and Sanctuary

or

Darkest Dungeon?

Intel_89

Good thing I didn't grab Titan Souls.

So far this is what I have:

- Drinkbox Collection for Vita
- Bastion
- Metal Slug Anthology

I'm also considering:

- Amplitude