• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN January Sale - Save up-to 60% off - PS4, PS3 & Vita - 500+ items

SugarDave

I already "own" Yakuza 5 from when it was on PS+ a few months ago, but I don't plan to renew my subscription and I doubt I'll get around to playing it before it expires. How do I buy it on the store website? I only have the option to download it to my PS3.

I already "own" Yakuza 5 from when it was on PS+ a few months ago, but I don't plan to renew my subscription and I doubt I'll get around to playing it before it expires. How do I buy it on the store website? I only have the option to download it to my PS3.

I'd imagine once your subscription expires 'download' will change to 'buy'.

You could create a new PSN account to buy it and download it on that account, and still play it on your current account.

v1oz

Depends who you ask and what you want. I'd say get Tomb Raider for the better gameplay, exploration, survivalist feeling. But the story and characters are garbage. Uncharted 4 has easily the more entertaining and charming characters and incredible presentation. I personally hate almost every second actually playing the game (shooting, climbing, sneaking). Others love it though.

I took the risk and got Tomb Raider instead, I enjoyed Tomb Raider 2013 and I like exploration. I will have to pick up Uncharted Collection and Uncharted when they are next on sale.

haikira

Tempted to bite on the X-Com 2 Deluxe Edition deal.

Just wanted to check something here first though. PS4 version is cool, right? Nothing I should know first?

flattie

Finally pulled the trigger on Bloodborne GOTY Edition. Have completely missed out on the whole Souls craze and am still not sure it will be for me; but the price was where I needed it to be to take a gamble. I'm in.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Tempted to bite on the X-Com 2 Deluxe Edition deal.

Just wanted to check something here first though. PS4 version is cool, right? Nothing I should know first?
Long loading times.

Personal opinion is that this version will not be receiving upcoming patches because it sold so poorly.

S1kkZ

first games are leaving the sale today, the next batch will leave on saturday. can we expect an update (part 2 with new offers) or will they just let it fizzle out?

i mean, there are so many games on sale. i dont even know what else they could add.

Intel_89

first games are leaving the sale today, the next batch will leave on saturday. can we expect an update (part 2 with new offers) or will they just let it fizzle out?

i mean, there are so many games on sale. i dont even know what else they could add.

Everything points to a part 2 of the January Sales starting tomorrow. I still have a couple of games that run till the 20th of January that I might grab but I'm waiting to see if there's something better coming out tomorrow.

EDIT: By tomorrow I mean thursday, not wednesday.

Im expecting SFV and Overwatch :) luckily the other games I wanna pick up ends on 21/1 so I can wait and see what comes Before I let loose my back log frenzy

Melkaz

The email that I got from Playstation in Dutch states the following:

melkazar, deel 1 van onze januari-uitverkoop eindigt binnenkort — mis het niet!

This translates to "Part one of our January sale is ending soon, do not miss it!"

So this basically confirms a Part 2. I would expect it to hit tomorrow. Last year part 2 arrived on 06-Jan-2016, which was the first Wednesday of the new year.

I'm tempted by a bunch of other games in this sale like Hitman, Mega Man Collection, Resi 4, Resi 6, Dear Esther, Valkyria Chronicles and Aragami, but I've got a big backlog at the moment, I've bought a bunch of games in the last 8 weeks like Doom, Ratchet & Clank and Darkest Dungeon, and I've been playing more on my phone as well so I don't have time for any new games at the moment.

I wonder what part 2 of the sale will bring. I don't think there's much else that I'm really interested in picking up right now.

Shin-chan

I really want to get Hitman but my backlog is too big at the moment. Mostly with RPGs though so the change of pace would have been nice ...

Alpha_eX

Got the Metal Slug Anthology in the sale, was really excited but nothing really tells you that it's a PS2 version and had severe input lag. How can I fix that or get a refund, it's actually unenjoyable in this state.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
As a new PS4 owner as of Christmas I took advantage of the sale and bought myself Witcher 3 GOTY and Rise of the Tomb Raider, two games that my 2-year old gaming laptop would have struggled with. One thing I wasn't expecting was to be really pleasantly surprised at the process of getting the games onto the system. After a slight hiccup with the Playstation Store where as I bought the games it basically said "we're in maintenance" and shut down (luckily everything went through and I found the games in my purchase history) I set the games off downloading and left the room expecting the download to take forever. About half an hour later I came back to see ROTTR ready to play and Witcher 3 not far off - the ability to download the part of the game you need to get started without downloading the whole thing is amazing. Meant I could jump right into the games while they were still downloading. Truly this is The Future.

WITHE1982

I probably couldn't handle a second part to this sale TBH. I can't think what they'd add but if it's half as good as the first it'll decimate my wallet.

So far I picked up:

Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 5
The Bunker
Brothers: a Tale Of Two Sons
Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter
Metal Slug 3
& bought my father-in-law Resident Evil HD.

Metalmarc

On a whim i bought hitman yesterday as i think the deal expires today? And the pyshical copy comes out at end of month so price may be high for a bit?

I had a lot of fun on the intro pack over the new year, i hadnt played it since it came out, so seeing the xmas stuff was fun.

Intel_89

Got the Metal Slug Anthology in the sale, was really excited but nothing really tells you that it's a PS2 version and had severe input lag. How can I fix that or get a refund, it's actually unenjoyable in this state.

The US version isn't that bad, the issue is that the PAL version is 50hz and has a lot of frameskipping. I'm not disapointed to the point where I feel the need to ask for a refund but I've been pestering SCEE and SNK Playmore so they release a 60hz update for the game.

I'm tempted by a bunch of other games in this sale like Hitman, Mega Man Collection, Resi 4, Resi 6, Dear Esther, Valkyria Chronicles and Aragami, but I've got a big backlog at the moment, I've bought a bunch of games in the last 8 weeks like Doom, Ratchet & Clank and Darkest Dungeon, and I've been playing more on my phone as well so I don't have time for any new games at the moment.

I wonder what part 2 of the sale will bring. I don't think there's much else that I'm really interested in picking up right now.

If you have a huge backlog and don't plan to play any of the games right away I'd say pick one or two that entice you the most and let the others for another sale. It's bound to happen.

I really want to get Hitman but my backlog is too big at the moment. Mostly with RPGs though so the change of pace would have been nice ...

Yeah, I'd really like to give it a whirl, but honestly by the time I got around to playing it the retail version will probably be like £15.

Myriadis

Finally bought Castlevania: Symphony of the night. Never played it before so I'm fairly excited to know why it's held in high regard.

Also thinking about buying Tales of Xillia 2. For someone who loved Xilia and Zeristia, is it worth it?

Finally bought Castlevania: Symphony of the night. Never played it before so I'm fairly excited to know why it's held in high regard.

Also thinking about buying Tales of Xillia 2. For someone who loved Xilia and Zeristia, is it worth it?

Alot of it is reskinned Xillia, the main characters fighting system is unique but the story is long and elongated unnecesasrily, I'm, near the end of it and I bought it at launch, just have no drive to finish it. I liked Xillia as well - despite that one stupid recurring character arc plot, Zestiria also isn't finished - I'm like 60% through it but I've enjoyed what I've played.

NewDust

I can't see any titles leaving the sale today on psprices. All sales say they end in 17 days. Anyone has a single game they are certain that leaves the sale this week? So I can check if the information on psprices.com is correct.

If you have a huge backlog and don't plan to play any of the games right away I'd say pick one or two that entice you the most and let the others for another sale. It's bound to happen.

Yeah, I can hold on really. I just enjoy the excitement of buying new games almost as much as actually playing them!

Hedrush

I hope Watchdogs 2 is in part 2 of the January sale. I can't believe it's £63 that's just a ridiculous price. I'm sure it was only £30 in the 12 days of Christmas sale.

I can't see any titles leaving the sale today on psprices. All sales say they end in 17 days. Anyone has a single game they are certain that leaves the sale this week? So I can check if the information on psprices.com is correct.

I haven't seen any game that would end today, but there are some games like Fifa 17 whose sale lasts till 7th which is likely when the 2nd part begins.

Rellik

I just got my account back to day after a 2 week wait and just blown through a large amount of money on this sale. I didn't realise there was another part coming.

RIP wallet.

NewDust

I haven't seen any game that would end today, but there are some games like Fifa 17 whose sale lasts till 7th which is likely when the 2nd part begins.

Thanks. Fifa 17 shows on psprices.com as ending in 17 days, while PSN indeed shows the 7th.

So people really should check the store pages and not psprices for availability of the deals!

Solaire of Astora

Death by black JPN
I'm tempted by a bunch of other games in this sale like Hitman,

Get it while it's cheap. Amazing game, and the physical release at the end of the month will probably ensure that the price stays high for a couple of months.

If nothing else, get it now to play the elusive contracts. They're only up for a certain amount of time, so once they're gone, they're gone for good. I picked the game up in September and ended up regretting not doing so sooner. I missed a bunch of elusive targets, including
Gary Busey

Easily my game of 2016.

Shin-chan

Get it while it's cheap. Amazing game, and the physical release at the end of the month will probably ensure that the price stays high for a couple of months.

If nothing else, get it now to play the elusive contracts. They're only up for a certain amount of time, so once they're gone, they're gone for good. I picked the game up in September and ended up regretting not doing so sooner. I missed a bunch of elusive targets, including
Gary Busey

Easily my game of 2016.
But I just bought Dragon Quest Builders and Pokemon Moon whilst receiving FFXV, The Last Guardian (which I finished), SMT IV Apocalypse and Majoras Mask 3D for Christmas.....

And next month I will get GR2 day 1 and maybe Yakuza and RE7...

And I still have Cold Steel 2 and DQ7 that I haven't touched since moving to Japan in October.

So I can't really justify it right now. Maybe next sale haha.

pbayne

It's pretty lazy retread of the first game. Only if you really, really like the battle system of the first game id say give it a pass.

Yeah, I'd really like to give it a whirl, but honestly by the time I got around to playing it the retail version will probably be like £15.

Same here with Hitman. Especially after Absolution seemed to drop to like a £10 a month after release.

Myriadis

It's pretty lazy retread of the first game. Only if you really, really like the battle system of the first game id say give it a pass.

Alot of it is reskinned Xillia, the main characters fighting system is unique but the story is long and elongated unnecesasrily, I'm, near the end of it and I bought it at launch, just have no drive to finish it. I liked Xillia as well - despite that one stupid recurring character arc plot, Zestiria also isn't finished - I'm like 60% through it but I've enjoyed what I've played.

Thanks guys, really appreciated.

NewDust

PS4 deals ending 7/1

• Battlefield 1
  • Battlefield 1 + Titanfall 2 Bundle
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Fifa 17
  • Uncharted 4
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  • Mafia III
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
  • Destiny
  • Dishonored 2
  • Playstation VR Worlds
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2017
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Tom Clancy's The Division
  • Madden NFL 17
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III
  • EVE: Valkyrie
  • Bioshock: The Collection
  • WWE 2K17
  • NBA 2K17
  • Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  • Lego Harry Potter Collection
  • Resident Evil (0/1/4/5/6/Rev 2)
  • Thumper
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Dragon Quest Builders
  • RIGS Mechanized Combat League
  • Final Fantasy XIV
  • Sports Bar VR
  • Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
  • Headmaster
  • Homefront: The Revolution
  • EVE: Gunjack
  • The Assembly
  • Marvel Ultimate Alliance Bundle
  • Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X
  • Harmonix Music VR
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Lego Marvel's Avengers
  • 100ft Robot Golf
  • War Thunder DLC

Hitman 04/01
Smite currency 11/01

If anything is listed above and also has DLC or bundles on sale, it's safe to assume those are also ending.

Matush

Thinking about buying GTA Trilogy for PS4. Were framepacing and 50hz problems fixed?

Also, how is NFS Rivals, 6€ is good price.

Stranya

Thinking about buying GTA Trilogy for PS4. Were framepacing and 50hz problems fixed?

Also, how is NFS Rivals, 6€ is good price.
No idea about GTA, but I'd be very surprised if you didn't get €6-worth of fun out of Rivals. It's a decent enough driving game.

No part 2 today. Do they ever update the store on other days with sales?

Well, they tend to update the store later in the day (typically by about lunchtime UK time), but on the other hand this sale went live on a Thursday so the next wave of sale items might also update tomorrow.

With the PayPal deal where you get an extra £5. Would topping up your account work? Rather than buying something

What PayPal deal is that?

Top Bottom