• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN January Sale - Save up-to 60% off - PS4, PS3 & Vita - 500+ items

S&S is pretty good

Darkest Dungeon intrigues me more, but Salty Sanctuary being cross-buy may yet sway it.

No unfortunately. Still looks and plays great though. Definitely worth it at that price.

When are more titles being added, or are they?

PS email sez: treat yourself before Part 1 of our sale ends 6 January.

edit: not all games in part 1 of sale will end on 6th, though. Many run until the 20th.

Darkest Dungeon intrigues me more, but Salty Sanctuary being cross-buy may yet sway it.

PS email sez: treat yourself before Part 1 of our sale ends 6 January.

I'd recommend Darkest Dungeon. I'm playing it on the Vita and it's a load of fun. S&S is good but a bit too Souls like. Darkest feels pretty unique in the experience it provides.

¬_¬

S&S isn't cross-buy at all, is it. D'oh, etc. Yeah, DD it is. Salt can wait a while longer yet.

S&S hasn't been released yet on Vita. I think I read somewhere that when it doesm you're supposed to get a free copy if you have the PS4 version. The store page says nothing about it, which is why I'm waiting for the Vita version to come out, myself.

S&S is good but a bit too Souls like.

I'm trying to process that concept but this is all that comes out:

ryan.jpg

DJwest

Only bought Hitman and Telltale's Batman so far. Still considering Darkest Dungeon, Steins Gate and Fallout 4 DLCs.

S&S hasn't been released yet on Vita. I think I read somewhere that when it doesm you're supposed to get a free copy if you have the PS4 version. The store page says nothing about it, which is why I'm waiting for the Vita version to come out, myself.

I'm trying to process that concept but this is all that comes out:

ryan.jpg

S&S is a bit too much like Souls but isn't actually made by the Souls dev. So its problem is more so that it feels samey and sometimes poor in execution. Still a solid game but I thought the bosses sucked and it could stand to gain a bit of identity by differentiating itself.

Cracklox

Crap there's a lot of tempting stuff, and I shouldn't really be spending money on games right now.

Still, pulled the trigger on Mad Max and Dying Light Enhanced for $40 bucks between them. Really liking Dying Light so far. I never played the original release so its all pretty fresh. Mad Max was more to cleanse an openworld-collectathon palette I occasionally get so I'll come back to it. Seems ok so far.

Really want Hitman and Doom, and I think a few others as well, but I need my frugality to conquer my impulsiveness. So far its going ok

Knack is worth the 6 euro. Just played through it in one day. I understand the negative reviews if you view it as a 60 euro game, but for 6 euro it's a no brainer imo.

Crap there's a lot of tempting stuff, and I shouldn't really be spending money on games right now.

Still, pulled the trigger on Mad Max and Dying Light Enhanced for $40 bucks between them. Really liking Dying Light so far. I never played the original release so its all pretty fresh. Mad Max was more to cleanse an openworld-collectathon palette I occasionally get so I'll come back to it. Seems ok so far.

Really want Hitman and Doom, and I think a few others as well, but I need my frugality to conquer my impulsiveness. So far its going ok

I understand the feeling, but just wait for the more expensive titles. In this day and age, there's a big sale going on every few months. Especially for a rather new release like Hitman.

Carpo

Neo Member
Grabbing Uno and Knack from the AU store

Any other recommendations?

I saw a couple of Metal Slug games discounted any priority to either?

q4roel

Do you really need that many games at once? Surely by the time you even get to play some of them, they'll be cheaper? Most of the deals last for just under a month, no need to rush, pace yourself and prioritise.

Yes. Yes I do.

No I actually need some recommendations from that list. Which ones should I buy now? Can't seem to make a choice.

Kuraudo

Banned
I got the offer from Paypal to get an additional £5 credit if I add £25 to my wallet. I really want to buy Dark Souls 3, but as it's £24.99 I have to add the funds manually.... except on the SEN webstie I only have the option to top up my wallet by £20 or £30. Does anyone know if adding £20 and then adding £5 will still get me the additional credit? Or is there another way to top up £25?

Bit of a crap promotion if you can't top up with the required amount.

Intel_89

I got the offer from Paypal to get an additional £5 credit if I add £25 to my wallet. I really want to buy Dark Souls 3, but as it's £24.99 I have to add the funds manually.... except on the SEN webstie I only have the option to top up my wallet by £20 or £30. Does anyone know if adding £20 and then adding £5 will still get me the additional credit? Or is there another way to top up £25?

You can leave the spare credit lying around for a future purchase, it's kind of a non solution but you'll probably end up spending it on something else in the long run.

S&S is a bit too much like Souls but isn't actually made by the Souls dev. So its problem is more so that it feels samey and sometimes poor in execution. Still a solid game but I thought the bosses sucked and it could stand to gain a bit of identity by differentiating itself.

It's a 2D platformer inspired by Souls, it doesn't get much more different than that. Not having played it, I can't speak for its execution, but it seems fairly odd to fault a 2D game for originality in this regard in a medium that regularly has COD/MW/Battlefield shooter #78534 at the top of the lists.

By which I mean, if, as you say, it tries to imitate Souls and falls short, the regrettable thing is that it failed, not that it tried.

Its £16.99 instore at argos, just get a physical copy!

NewDust

It's more annoying that I simply cannot add funds to my wallet with PayPal. I used to be able to. Keeps saying my CC (which I don't have) information is not correct. I even checked all my address information on both PSN and PayPal and they are like for like. Seems like I have to call to CS in the new year.

Intel_89

I feel like an idiot but I had no idea that PS2 PAL games weren't 60hz on PS4, now I'm stuck with a shitty version of Metal Slug Anthology. Fuck.

Famassu

I feel like an idiot but I had no idea that PS2 PAL games weren't 60hz on PS4, now I'm stuck with a shitty version of Metal Slug Anthology. Fuck.
Most of them are 60Hz, aren't they? Some were originally released as 50Hz versions but later patched to be 60Hz. Make a fuss about 50Hz at Twitter or something and maybe MSA will be updated to 60Hz as well ASAP

Intel_89

Most of them are 60Hz, aren't they? Some were originally released as 50Hz versions but later patched to be 60Hz. Make a fuss about 50Hz at Twitter or something and maybe MSA will be updated to 60Hz as well ASAP

Yeah I thought about complaining but I have no idea to where I should aim. Who are the ones responsible for updating the other games to 60hz, Sony or the publishers?

I only managed to find a single video of the EU version running on PS4, it's not unplayable but it doesn't feel quite right as most will be able to tell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6_zdJtmLZY

Intel_89

Does it make a difference if you buy them from the US store?

It does, PS2 games on the US store have the correct native refresh rate (60hz) so they have a better performance overall. Too bad I only realized this after purchasing the game, already tried to get in touch with SNK Playmore and SCEE, hopefully this'll get patched like other games such as Dark Cloud and GTA 3 which also had the same 50hz issue.

sandkiller

It's more annoying that I simply cannot add funds to my wallet with PayPal. I used to be able to. Keeps saying my CC (which I don't have) information is not correct. I even checked all my address information on both PSN and PayPal and they are like for like. Seems like I have to call to CS in the new year.

I'm in the same boat as well. Playstation support asked me to wait 48 hours and try again... :/

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Don't think so, but still plays and looks great.

Loading times suck some time though. Gameplay is fast so when you die and you have to wait a couple of minutes It sucks sometimes

Loading times after each death were the reason I was about to give up on playing it at Ultra Violance and willing to drop to Hurt Me Plenty. I'm glad I stuck with it because the game gets way easier when 3/4 of the way and so it would've been almost boring at HMP but the first 4 hours were painful

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

I mean, the PS2 version of MSA was quite bad per se (the best is the JPN Wii version *by far*), especially with the loading, how's the Ps4 (US) "version"?
How does it compare to Arcade Archives MS and MS3 "solo"?

Dunkelgrau

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Question related to the oz-kit:

Tapping the c-key/circle-button should bring one faster to the ground, wile holding the c-key/circle button should make a butt-slam. I'm playing on my PS4 and I always get butt-slams, no matter if I tab or hold the circle-button.

What's wrong here?

Intel_89

I mean, the PS2 version of MSA was quite bad per se (the best is the JPN Wii version *by far*), especially with the loading, how's the Ps4 (US) "version"?
How does it compare to Arcade Archives MS and MS3 "solo"?

I'm not the best person to answer that since I don't own the solo MS3 but I've read on GAF that despite how bad the PS2 version seems to be the standalone MS3 can be even worse. This PS2 port looks really crisp overall and the loading times are pretty fast. The games seem to have some slowdown when things get more hectic but it wouldn't be game breaking if it wasn't for the awful PAL version 50hz. :( Neither SCEE nor SNK Playmore replied to me about this, I think I'm screwed.

brainslug

Bought DOOM.

I had to rub my eyes when it started downloading and I saw the file size: 76 GB?! wtfffffffffff

Well I guess I ain't playing it until tomorrow.

Famassu

I'm not the best person to answer that since I don't own the solo MS3 but I've read on GAF that despite how bad the PS2 version seems to be the standalone MS3 can be even worse. This PS2 port looks really crisp overall and the loading times are pretty fast. The games seem to have some slowdown when things get more hectic but it wouldn't be game breaking if it wasn't for the awful PAL version 50hz. :( Neither SCEE nor SNK Playmore replied to me about this, I think I'm screwed.
It's Christmas/NYE period still. I'd try pestering both of them them (Sony & SNK, though ultimately it's SNK who is responsible for the release) again next week. Send a daily message. Maybe try to get some Europen site like Eurogamer involved. The more visibility it gets, the likelier it is that a 60Hz patch will be released at some point.

Real4Life

Neo Member
Bought Mortal Kombat XL, can't wait to play it!

Dragon Age: Inquisition is tempting at 7.99, but I don't have time to commit and from what I have heard its quest design is not really creative..

Any other suggestions?

GenericUser

Contemplating Dirt Rally...
How different is it compared to Dirt 3?

Dirt Rally is a fledged out sim.

Dirt 3 is (i suppose ) i an arcade rally game.

Dont' buy Dirt Rally based on the fact you like Dirt. Get some education on YT first.

I personally think Dirt Rallye is a real gem in the Rally Sim Genre, but if you don't like sims, stay away from it.

Top Bottom