• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN January Sale - Save up-to 60% off - PS4, PS3 & Vita - 500+ items

JMZ555

Bought the Bloodborne DLC. Finished DS3+DLC so its nice to return to BB as skipped DLC when it first came out.

How difficult is it?

I never got round to finishing it (maybe 70% through?) but I would say its not as hard as the souls games. The 2d environment means there tends to be less things to account for when studying combat paterns etc. Its by no means easy. A fair challenge I would say.

Ragona

Telltale Batman - PS4(pro tho no support) or PC?
Got a pretty capable PC, but Telltale games had their issues there aswell in the past.
So big TV experience and easy plat vs better game experience ?
Just how bad is the PS4 version and which to choose.

Thanks gaf <3

Wvrs

well erm...erm..Unitys not very good?

...thats about all the help i can give you.

I disagree, Unity has its share of flaws but patching really helped it out from launch to now. 18th century Paris is beautifully realised and the gameplay sticks to what Assassin's Creed does best -- scaling beautiful buildings and diving off them onto unsuspecting victims.

It was the first AC I truly enjoyed since Brotherhood. Haven't really had much chance to play Syndicate yet, but based on what I did play I preferred Unity.

GazzaGSi

My poor wallet, there is some awesome prices and games amongst that lot.

Just after a quick browse I know I'll be getting Batman telltale and Hitman complete collection for sure.

So many others to choose from though eeek!

I disagree, Unity has its share of flaws but patching really helped it out from launch to now. 18th century Paris is beautifully realised and the gameplay sticks to what Assassin's Creed does best -- scaling beautiful buildings and diving off them onto unsuspecting victims.

It was the first AC I truly enjoyed since Brotherhood. Haven't really had much chance to play Syndicate yet, but based on what I did play I preferred Unity.

It also does map clutter and open world monotony to the max,on map markers and items that are tied to apps, boring main missions, boring side missions, boring characters, and pretty much the same game play I've done for the last 4 instalments.

Syndicate is just slightly better, and thats because its a more interesting city, with better charcaters.

Opinions and all :D

Lichter

I bought Bloodborne from my US account (10$), can I buy the extension for 10 euros with my EU account and play it with my US version of BB or nah?

It might finally be time for the Bloodborne DLC...
I have one save right before the final boss iirc - can you still enter the DLC area at that point? If I have to start over, I'll wait another year.

Tizoc

I too wish to know if Batman Telltale still runs like ass on PS4 or if a recent update made perform a little better a tleast.

Catvoca

Banned
Crazy sale. I haven't even looked at the PS3 list yet and there's a tonne of stuff I want! Might finally pick up Hitman if I come into some money over the holidays.

DukeBobby

If you're thinking of picking up Virginia, be sure to get the Special Edition Bundle.

You'll be paying an extra 40p for one of the best soundtracks of the year.

I too wish to know if Batman Telltale still runs like ass on PS4 or if a recent update made perform a little better a tleast.

There are still some classic telltale issues, but the last update made episode 5 playable for sure. Overall, it runs like your typical telltale game.

not really. It doesn't have that ultra garbage framerate that CS1 had in one particular chapter
festival
, but on avarage I'd say it's the same.

I got the first for PS3 but I'm seriously considering getting the second on vita, I hope the frame-rate isn't too annoying.

AllGamer

I have one save right before the final boss iirc - can you still enter the DLC area at that point? If I have to start over, I'll wait another year.

Yes you can. And buy the DLC already, it is the best From Software has ever made.

Wvrs

It also does map clutter and open world monotony to the max,on map markers and items that are tied to apps, boring main missions, boring side missions, boring characters, and pretty much the same game play I've done for the last 4 instalments.

Syndicate is just slightly better, and thats because its a more interesting city, with better charcaters.

Opinions and all :D

That's a fair point. I disabled most of the UI and just did the main missions, because I also hate open-world bloat. Gave me better immersion, especially with French language enabled.

I think a patch removed the app stuff but I can't really recall. Hmm, I'll have to give Syndicate another shot. I'm English though and London is overly salient to the max in media here, and I don't really think the Victorian era is too interesting, so I'm guessing that's what put me off.

Karu

That's a fair point. I disabled most of the UI and just did the main missions, because I also hate open-world bloat. Gave me better immersion, especially with French language enabled.

I think a patch removed the app stuff but I can't really recall. Hmm, I'll have to give Syndicate another shot. I'm English though and London is overly salient to the max in media here, and I don't really think the Victorian era is too interesting, so I'm guessing that's what put me off.
I enjoyed quite a bit. I have to agree, Paris was absolutely gorgeous and one of my favourite worlds out there in videogames. It's certainly in the top-class. Map clutter is easy to ignore and the App-stuff was indeed patched out. Gameplay issues remain, but if someone's a fan of the franchise in general, Unity is certainly worth it for a few bucks!

This is how I know I buy/play too many games when I go through a sale list this big and go, got it, got it, got it, got it, not interested, got it etc -_-;

I was hoping the first two Shantae games would be on there but alas no, still been eyeing up Dear Esther and at £3 seems like a good time to risk it.

V3rt1go

Thinking about World of Final Fantasy on PS4...but €40 is way above what I expected!

ps: Any USA sale coming soon?

Donos

If you want a good challenge, enter the dlc in NG+. Doesn't take long to run up to VA (30min) from the beginning. Depending on your level, the dlc could be "too easy" on NG.
Your main weapon should be +10 with proper gems though.
Hate me later

Sony just sent me an email for the January Sale, it has a 10% off code inside. Check your emails.

The title is something like "<username>, important news for you" when translated from the Finnish email I got.

black070

Sony just sent me an email for the January Sale, it has a 10% off code inside. Check your emails.

The title is something like "<username>, important news for you" when translated from the Finnish email I got.

Oh man, haven't received one yet but that would honestly annoy me since I've already spent £107 on this sale.

Benedict

No email for me in Sweden yet.
Already bought most of what I was planning to get...

BahamutPT

Actually, I just noticed the US Dollar is at €0.95, which almost negates any conversion gains if you take into account bank conversion fees.

liquidtmd

Banned

Is this for being signed up to the newsletter?

I just have just in case

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Grabbed:

Last Blade 2 for €4,99
Thumper for €13,49
Firewatch for €9,90
Resident Evil 5 for €9,90

Got Inside to beat today and my fiancée (who just landed with her flight a couple hours ago, after 4 months of being apart from each other sigh) brought me from Italy:
Bloodborne GOTY (€20) and The Last Guardian Steelbook Ed. (€40)
I think I'm set for the holidays &#128556;

Top Bottom