• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN January Sale - Save up-to 60% off - PS4, PS3 & Vita - 500+ items

MrT-Tar

Thinking of getting Rogue Legacy, what's it like?

I've read about it on Hardcore Gaming 101's book of their 200 favourite games and we seem to have very similar tastes. Heard it is a cross between a Metroidvania and a Rogue-like, which I both enjoy.

Joni

Persona 4 Golden; Steins Gate; Hotline Miami 2 Wrong Number; Bastion and Psychonauts for €25,55. Not bad.

How's Severed?

Loved Guacamelee and I also love a 10 hour platinum trophy :p

It is completely different, but it is fun. It is quite a challenge in later parts, but it is a non-missable Platinum.

RpgN

Good deals. The January sales always make up for the disappointing 12 deals of Christmas sales. I finalised what to purchase:

1. Severed
2. Neptune VS Sega
3. Grand Kingdom
4. Shiren
5. Assassin's Creed Trilogy
6. Ratchet & Clank Nexus (PS3)
7. Catherine (PS3)

Do people play games just to platinum them? Going by comments here, they do. Wow. why?

some do, but in the case of Severed it just adds to the package. I enjoy games having platinums that don't require me to grind for 100 hours or use 5 different guides to collect random garbage

Intel_89

I'm thinking about this even though I know people pretty much hate the game.

Is it really that bad? Should I not paying this much for it? I haven't really followed the game so I don't know why people's opinions changed so much over time.

It's not that bad, people were, and still are, upset over the whole kickstarter campaign (people not getting any/the correct download codes and/or rewards, the what it should've been and what it ended up being, etc).

Yes, it should've been better considering they had ~4M$ to work with, yes it shouldn't have been delayed that many times and yes, it's not quite as amazing as classic Mega Man games BUT it's still a fun and competent 2D side scroller action game that requires good reflexes. Seriously, the game will kick your ass the first time through it.

tl;dr: It's worth 5€, buy it if you like 2D action sidescrollers.

I'm about to pick up Headmaster for 13€ I guess. Should be worth it's money?

It's really good, and is a really fun idea. It's one of these really simple ideas done right. But it is much, much, much harder than you'd expect it to be.

If you are a completionist it will give you a few nightmares.

alt27

Best sale on psn in quite some time, maybe ever.

Deep discounts, deep cuts in terms of content and a deep dicking of my wallet.

Bought:

Xcom dlc
Hitman eps4-6
Mighty no 9
Metal slug anthology
Last blade 2
Zombie Army Trilogy
Steins Gate
Shiren

Tempted to get some Smite gems to pay for next year's season ticket too.

Mighty no9 is not worth a single unit of any currency

Superfrog

Nice, will buy:

Hotline Miami 2 Vita - EUR 3.59
Metal Slug Anthology PS4 - EUR 6.99
Salt and Sanctuary - EUR 10.19 (Vita version w/ cross-buy incoming)
Oceanhorn EUR 7.49 (Vita version w/ cross-buy incoming)

meppi

Thinking of getting Rogue Legacy, what's it like?

I've read about it on Hardcore Gaming 101's book of their 200 favourite games and we seem to have very similar tastes. Heard it is a cross between a Metroidvania and a Rogue-like, which I both enjoy.

For 5€, I'd say try it no matter what.
It's highly a addictive and a ton of fun.
Very well put together.

People should also pick up enter the Gungeon if they haven't yet.

Bishop89

It's probably worth noting in probably a weeks time they will announce the January ps+ titles, so it's probably smarter to wait for that in case you get burnt

Was going to get Doom, But a bit put of with the size of the damn thing, so opted for Divinity Original Sin, had my eye on that for about a year now.

Just Hitman season 1 collection for me. Have it on PC but im moving over my stuff from alienware alpha to my PS4 Pro and will want to play season 2 when its out. Not sure there is anything else I want now. Maybe overwatch if it also ends up on sale.

It's really good, and is a really fun idea. It's one of these really simple ideas done right. But it is much, much, much harder than you'd expect it to be.

If you are a completionist it will give you a few nightmares.

Hell yeah, that sounds exactly like the game I am looking for. I spent the last 2 weeks completing all challenges in VR Worlds for VR Luge and Danger Ball... that was some exciting stuff.

Thanks! Downloading now.

julrik

Wow... My poor wallet...

Will buy:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Dirt: Rally
Doom
Firewatch
Hitman: Season 1
PES 2017
Ratchet and Clank
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Titanfall 2
Until Dawn

JonnyKong

Bought Valley and Dear Esther so far.

I keep thinking on Mortal Kombat X, but then I remember how shit I am at beat em ups.

Shame superhypercube isn't on sale. £25 is too high for me.

Picked up thumper and Telltale Batman.

I might pick up Resident Evil 4 but ill probably never get around to paying it.

Has the witcher 3 game of the year edition been cheaper than £25?

Floody

£12 for the 2 Witcher 3 expansions is crazy good value for your money, highly recommend that to anyone who has the base game but neither expansion.

How's Severed?

Loved Guacamelee and I also love a 10 hour platinum trophy :p

Absolutely brilliant game. Tight design, no nonsense. And as you said, easy plat :p

Yeah, good summary. I love Severed; a really great mash of genres - first person adventure, Metroidvania, touch-screen swipe combat, and a really interesting dark story and theme. It's probably my third favourite game of the year so far after Salt and Sanctuary and Uncharted 4.

Has the witcher 3 game of the year edition been cheaper than £25?

It was £21 a couple of months ago. That's when I bought it.

I've never played these megadimension games, would you recommend them for people who like old school JRPG's? i've been on a japanese game sampling year and at £15 it intrigues me, it looks old turnbased combat which i dig.

Fdkn

Just what I needed before the packed Q1, to spend more money on amazing games:

Thumper, amplitude, severed, unravel, Megaman 1-6, hotline Miami 2, metal slug anthology... And probably more stuff to come.

I've never played these megadimension games, would you recommend them for people who like old school JRPG's? i've been on a japanese game sampling year and at £15 it intrigues me, it looks old turnbased combat which i dig.

I call them "light-JRPGS", they're half visual novel and half JRPG, a large part of the appeal comes from the characters and the (anime-)humor. They're not great games if you play them for the RPG part alone. The combat is decent though.

q4roel

Tempted to buy:

Severed
Batman: The Telltale Series
Assassin's Creed 3-Pack (Black Flag, Unity, Syndicate)
Dying Light: The Following Enhanced
Doom
Bloodborne
Titanfall 2
Thumper
Enter the Gungeon
Layers of Fear
GTA V

Come on GAF, talk me out of these.

JP

It's not that bad, people were, and still are, upset over the whole kickstarter campaign (people not getting any/the correct download codes and/or rewards, the what it should've been and what it ended up being, etc).

Yes, it should've been better considering they had ~4M$ to work with, yes it shouldn't have been delayed that many times and yes, it's not quite as amazing as classic Mega Man games BUT it's still a fun and competent 2D side scroller action game that requires good reflexes. Seriously, the game will kick your ass the first time through it.

tl;dr: It's worth 5€, buy it if you like 2D action sidescrollers.
Cheers, that's what I'm thinking.

I think sometimes it can can really help to go into a game and to know what to expect from it. I know that I've really enjoyed a few games that other people couldn't stand for a variety of reasons just by being grounded in my expectations of certain games. I feel that because I've not had anything to do with any of the stuff that was going on as it occurred with this game, I'm going go into it and simply approach it as a game that's £4.19.

It may not end up on my game of the year list but I'm not expecting it to and it doesn't really need to. :)

Ennosuke

I bought one of those games a couple of months ago. I think they (Nepu and their friends) can be really funny sometimes, but I didn't like the gameplay at all. I am setsuna would be a much better choice when you like old school jrpgs.

I call them "light-JRPGS", they're half visual novel and half JRPG, a large part of the appeal comes from the characters and the (anime-)humor. They're not great games if you play them for the RPG part alone. The combat is decent though.

Thanks, i like visual novel esq games - 2016 introduced me steinsgate + zero, danganronpa, only holding out on ZTD until the multipack, so sounds like it might be something i like.

I bought one of those games a couple of months ago. I think they (Nepu and their friends) can be really funny sometimes, but I didn't like the gameplay at all. I am setsuna would be a much better choice when you like old school jrpgs.

Thanks and IAS is on the wish list!

Theecliff

Banned
is there literally any point in getting bloodborne goty edition when it's cheaper to get the base game and the expansion separately? that's all the goty edition includes anyway, isn't it?

GHG

Grabbed p4g and MGS collection for the vita. Then also got FFXV for the ps4.

All for under £50.

Today was a good day.

Time to see what all the fuss is (
or isn't
) about Persona.

Freeman76

Cheers, that's what I'm thinking.

I think sometimes it can can really help to go into a game and to know what to expect from it. I know that I've really enjoyed a few games that other people couldn't stand for a variety of reasons just by being grounded in my expectations of certain games. I feel that because I've not had anything to do with any of the stuff that was going on as it occurred with this game, I'm going go into it and simply approach it as a game that's £4.19.

It may not end up on my game of the year list but I'm not expecting it to and it doesn't really need to. :)

I would advise you to rethink, unless you are happy to just waste a fiver

Murkas

is there literally any point in getting bloodborne goty edition when it's cheaper to get the base game and the expansion separately? that's all the goty edition includes anyway, isn't it?

Not really, apart from in the future in case you need to redownload, you need to remind yourself to download the dlc as well as the game where as the GOTY edition has it in once nice file.

Been waiting for Darkest Dungeon to drop so will be buying that, nothing else interests me though, maybe Mankind Divided.

Deepo

Bought:

World of Final Fantasy
Dragon Quest Builders
The Fall
Amplitude
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

Lots of awesome.

julrik

Tempted to buy:

Severed
Doom
Bloodborne
Titanfall 2
Thumper
Enter the Gungeon
Layers of Fear
GTA V

giphy.gif

Tempted to buy:

Severed
Doom
Bloodborne
Titanfall 2
Thumper
Enter the Gungeon
Layers of Fear
GTA V

well erm...erm..Unitys not very good?

...thats about all the help i can give you.

Peroroncino

Salt and Sanctuary is discounted for the first time since its release, guys, use that opportunity wisely and buy this amazing game.

Top Bottom