• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN January Sale - Save up-to 60% off - PS4, PS3 & Vita - 500+ items

score01

Sony just sent me an email for the January Sale, it has a 10% off code inside. Check your emails.

The title is something like "<username>, important news for you" when translated from the Finnish email I got.

I got a 60% January sales email but no code. This code to random users thing sucks.

Tizoc

There are still some classic telltale issues, but the last update made episode 5 playable for sure. Overall, it runs like your typical telltale game.

tELLtale games run really well on PC, but on consoles they had more jank than I could handle :p
Well I was planning on getting this on PC and PS4 so let's see if I bite on getting the PS4 ver. as well.

Only if you like Batman and want to watch an original (somewhat closest to Nolan) and generally cool take on it. The actual game is what it is. Not much actual game left coming from Telltale while there's lots of smaller bugs.

I might get Resi 4 instead. Didn't see it before. I've been meaning to play it for years.

So how is that Batman TellTale game? I enjoyed the Walking Dead season 1 and The Wolf Among Us, but I got pretty sick of their formula in season 2 of TWD.

NewDust

I haven't had a newsletter since december 11th... Just reupped the newsletter settings. Here's hoping for a 10% discount coupon before January 5th/21st

Bishop89

Tempted to buy:

Severed
Batman: The Telltale Series
Assassin's Creed 3-Pack (Black Flag, Unity, Syndicate)
Dying Light: The Following Enhanced
Doom
Bloodborne
Titanfall 2
Thumper
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Enter the Gungeon
Layers of Fear
GTA V

Come on GAF, talk me out of these.

Umm... Err...ahh..I got one... Wait... No...

I got nothing

JJShadow

Got The Old Hunters and I'm about to buy FF XIV ARR for those £10. This is the cheapest option to get into the game nowadays, right? (without expansions ofc)

Bishop89

I haven't had a newsletter since december 11th... Just reupped the newsletter settings. Here's hoping for a 10% discount coupon before January 5th/21st
Where do I go for this?

I can't remember the last time I got the newsletter, and I don't remember ever disabling that option

Edit: nevermind, think I found it, on the psblog website?

NewDust

Where do I go for this?

I can't remember the last time I got the newsletter, and I don't remember ever disabling that option

Edit: nevermind, think I found it, on the psblog website?

It's on your accountpage (accesible from the web store), go to account tab and it's the last option, should read message settings or something.

Or I have the wrong settings entirely :)

Edit: but I also made sure to subscribe to the blog (again, I think).

ephemeral

No email for me in Sweden yet.
Already bought most of what I was planning to get...

Same here. I'll wait for it before I make a purchase then, thanks for the tip.

These things are usually set to on by default on other sites.

Freeman76

Dragon Quest Builders is SO good, I cannot believe how addicted I have become to this game. I bought it so my kids can help build stuff, they have 0 interest in it and I am completely hooked lol. Not the type of game I imagined I would be into at 40 years old but there you go!

DagsJT

Dragon Quest Builders is SO good, I cannot believe how addicted I have become to this game. I bought it so my kids can help build stuff, they have 0 interest in it and I am completely hooked lol. Not the type of game I imagined I would be into at 40 years old but there you go!

Took a punt on this without playing the demo due to so many positive comments. I'm not sure how long I've been on this but it's a good few hours. I keep going to turn it off and just end up doing something else, it's so difficult to turn it off!

Highly recommended.

Shit, Ultra Street Fighter IV is only 9.99€!

Is it worth it?

Should I instead buy Street Fighter V?

Edit: In regard to MP, Im casual

Intel_89

Can somebody give me feedback on Metal Slug Anthology? I remember reading there's some input lag but other than that does the PS4 version look nicer and is it native 16:9 or stretched out? Thanks.

Oh Umbasa, this is a nice sale but I've told myself I wouldn't be buying any more games (except for ME Andromeda) until summer :/

Buttt I've been meaning to try Catherine for ages and it's £2.49!
& Sherlock Holmes the Devil's Daughter for £12 is a really nice price, it likely wont ever drop that low physical based on the previous game

Root Letter, Among the Sleep, Valley, Darkest Dungeon, Banner saga, Child of Light & Transistor are also very tempting...

There's a few others I want too, but they'll likely be cheaper to pick up physical by the time I get around to actually playing them.

Damn. Think I'll have to limit it to 3 or 4 games somehow.

The code expires on January 2nd, so if you end up getting one it can't be used on the 2nd half of the sale.

The terms and conditions says it works on everything on PSN, so I'll probably use it on at least Battlefield 1 Premium if I can't think of anything to buy from this sale. Persona 4 Golden is something I'm still thinking about, not sure if it's the kind of game I would like.

black070

The code expires on January 2nd, so if you end up getting one it can't be used on the 2nd half of the sale.

The terms and conditions says it works on everything on PSN, so I'll probably use it on at least Battlefield 1 Premium if I can't think of anything to buy from this sale. Persona 4 Golden is something I'm still thinking about, not sure if it's the kind of game I would like.

Do you mind posting the code after using ? It may be a one code for all kind of the thing rather then being randomised.

Blam

I know this isn't the best place to ask this question, but I cannot for the life of me get my harddrive that I used to backup my OG PS4 to show up on my Slim.

Spanky

Neo Member
I've gone for Ratchet and Deus Ex (PS4), that's on top of Tomb Raider, GTA5, Fifa 17 and Hitman already bought recently in various sales. I hardly ever buy digital, but these prices have been too good to turn down &#128077;

Kuraudo

Banned
Got Resi 4 and Hotline Miami 2. Tempted by Dark Souls 3, but going to wait until after Christmas before making a decision on it.

Smasher89

Took the deal of 18sek for Soul Calibur II HD online!,
mainly played the gc version of the original with a friend, and for that price, might as well get the new version, I bet it's a decent port too!

RodzTF

Tempted to buy:

Severed
Doom
Bloodborne
Titanfall 2
Thumper
Enter the Gungeon
Layers of Fear
GTA V

Do you really need that many games at once? Surely by the time you even get to play some of them, they'll be cheaper? Most of the deals last for just under a month, no need to rush, pace yourself and prioritise.

Think I'm going to do a nice catch-up on some of the games I missed the last few months working through my backlog and go forrr:

Final Fantasy XV
World Of FF
Dragon Quest Builder
God Eater
& because the demo for the new one is sooo good, probably Gravity Rush Remastered to replay while I wait (only played the vita version before).

Not part of the sale but $ permitted, The Last Guardian, and maybe switch to digital for Bloodborne

Bishop89

Shit, Ultra Street Fighter IV is only 9.99€!

Is it worth it?

Should I instead buy Street Fighter V?

Edit: In regard to MP, Im casual

i imagine the only people left playing USF4 would be the pro's still.. at least thats what it was like when i played it last in early 2015. I'd probably just go with 5 as its newer, more active (most likely) and is probably more casual friendly, at least in my experience.

JP

Tempted to buy:

Severed
Doom
Bloodborne
Titanfall 2
Thumper
Enter the Gungeon
Layers of Fear
GTA V

Not one of those games is The Last Guardian? I dunno, I can't think of anything else negative to say about them.

EDIT:
Ah...also, not one of those games is The Witness. See, that's two perfectly good reasons not to buy any of those games.

Happy to help!!!

julrik

Not one of those games is The Last Guardian? I dunno, I can't think of anything else negative to say about them.

EDIT:
Ah...also, not one of those games is The Witness. See, that's two perfectly good reasons not to buy any of those games.

Happy to help!!!
The Witness isn't included in the sale, sadly.

Bought Duke 3D World Tour for 8 euro. Was going to buy it on PC, but it's 13 euro on Steam...

Knack at 6 euro was tempting, but PS+ version is coming. I think. I hope.

That's what people have been saying for more than 2 years. Is 6 euro going to break the bank? Lol

I'm buying way too many games already, so I try to resist buying games where I'm not sure I will like it. Knack seems like a good time, but I remember people saying it's quite hard and repetitive. Two things I really dislike for platforming games. That's why a PS+ version would be perfect, but I think that for every smaller PS exclusive honestly. Haven't bought GOW3 and Gravity Rush remaster for the same reason.

black070

I'm buying way too many games already, so I try to resist buying games where I'm not sure I will like it. Knack seems like a good time, but I remember people saying it's quite hard and repetitive. Two things I really dislike for platforming games. That's why a PS+ version would be perfect, but I think that for every smaller PS exclusive honestly. Haven't bought GOW3 and Gravity Rush remaster for the same reason.

It's not hard.

Top Bottom