• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Xbox One Includes a Chat Headset!! + Xbox One Day One Unboxing

Dramos

I wish we could get people passionate enough to petition against Xbox Live now.

Multiplayer and SmartMatch only. Everything else should be free. It's ridiculous that the masses have bought into the notion that you should pay for online, much less standard features.

Yeah remove things like Netflix, DVR, maybe specific NFL games and add in Xbox Music streaming. That would be awesome.

This is cool, but it's really like Microsoft are making it up as they go along. I can just imagine them as a room full of stoners like "oh shit, people want a headset included with their xbox one? Keanuwhoa.jpg"

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Is it really that big of a deal? The power brick for my 360 just sits behind my media center and I never think about it.

Being bummed doesn't make it a big deal, it is just a hassle for me because I want my media center to sit flush up against the wall. This means a powerbrick has to be on the side where I can see it/trip on it.

This is one of the reasons my 360 is in a drawer right now and is only pulled out for certain games (ie Mark of the Ninja).

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Anyone?

IR Blaster. Kinect has and IR blaster array built in. Can turn on your TV, Cable Box, etc. so when you say “Xbox On” it will actually power your equipment, switch inputs, etc. (I know, TV TV TV but when you get to see it, you’ll understand.). As someone pointed out, if for some reason your setup doesn’t work with Kinect IR blasting, you can get a cable and connect to the port in the back.

That sounds like the IR blaster cable is an optional accessory and not bundled in - can you confirm either way?

Any info on whether you are looking at alternative remote control methods - eg TiVo series 3 can switch channel with network control (I use an iPad app and it is great). More reliable and faster than IR blasters

EvB

Anyone?

That sounds like the IR blaster cable is an optional accessory and not bundled in - can you confirm either way?

Any info on whether you are looking at alternative remote control methods - eg TiVo series 3 can switch channel with network control (I use an iPad app and it is great). More reliable and faster than IR blasters

I think they have said that the Xbox One supports HDMI Etnernet CEC, which can be used to send the data to control various boxes. It can also be used to send ethernet data through the HDMI port so if your TV was plugged into your Xbox one, you wouldn't need a wireless/ethernet connection in both machines to used online features.

Rourkey

Anyone?

It's obviously possible, the question is will cable/sat providers let a competitor take control of their boxes, the apps on ipad/iphone are made by those providers not apple, somehow I doubt they will (unless MS get the cheque book out)

1. He did just turn the console on without the Kinect plugged in(or was i seeing things)
2. Internal battery?.....Why AAs make life easier, get a set of rechargeables and never worry about the controller dying, just quick swap or plug in your USB cable.
3. Confirmation will come from Microsoft when the drivers are released.....and I imagine they will be released as soon as the console or controller hit the market, so just be patient.
If MS doesnt release drivers ASAP im sure the community will come up with drivers based on current X360 drivers in a matter of days.

1. I always thought the console turned on, but the OS wouldn't function.
2. Internal is better. If you're solution to the batteries running out is "plug in your USB cable" might as well have the controller charge while you do that
3. Noted, I just like confirmation. I know it'll happen (them not is losing a LOT of money).

ToyBroker

Banned
Anyone?

There's 0 chance the IR blaster cable is coming in the box. The unboxing we saw is all it comes with..nothing else.

And for such a box focusing on TV, the inability to function as a DVR or work with your DVR seems like such a massive oversight.

I realize that you can't accommodate for every DVR on the market, but at least support for the major ones (i.e. DIRECTV and such) with the promise of more in the future seems so retarded.

EDIT: Are some of you actually surprised it comes with an HDMI cable? By law it has to be able to operate out of the box...not including a HDMI cord (when there's no other video out) would be illegal. It's like when people were praising Wii U for coming with an HDMI cable.

IWKYB

Banned
EDIT: Are some of you actually surprised it comes with an HDMI cable? By law it has to be able to operate out of the box...not including a HDMI cord (when there's no other video out) would be illegal. It's like when people were praising Wii U for coming with an HDMI cable.

More like we rolled our eyes when the HDMI was bolded and said it was a monster cable 4k bs that a 8 buck monoprice cable can do was suppose to be an amazing thing. Either way that HDMI is prob gonna get put away for most of us as of now I don't know a single person without at least 2 hdmi cables. Hell I got 3 not in use lol.

bj00rn_

Banned
More like we rolled our eyes when the HDMI was bolded and said it was a monster cable 4k bs that a 8 buck monoprice cable can do was suppose to be an amazing thing.

Interesting, if it was done like that and it even made people's eyes roll around it sounds like a huge exaggeration on MS's part.. So can you please provide us with a link to where this overblown parade / big announcement / HDMI-cable reveal event took place? I mean, it can't be the unboxing video, because the cable was mentioned for a mere ~5 seconds between 2:29 - 2:34.

ManteoMax

Which law is this? I see plenty of tvs sold with nothing more than a power cable and remote.

GavinGT

Banned
Interesting, if it was done like that and it even made people's eyes roll around it sounds like a huge exaggeration on MS's part.. So can you please provide us with a link to where this overblown parade / big announcement / HDMI-cable reveal event took place? I mean, it can't be the unboxing video, because the cable was mentioned for a mere ~5 seconds between 2:29 - 2:34.

Earlier today I looked up in the sky and saw one of those airplanes with a sign hanging from the back. It read "4k HDMI cable included in every Xbox One".

5821816.jpg

ekim

More like we rolled our eyes when the HDMI was bolded and said it was a monster cable 4k bs that a 8 buck monoprice cable can do was suppose to be an amazing thing. Either way that HDMI is prob gonna get put away for most of us as of now I don't know a single person without at least 2 hdmi cables. Hell I got 3 not in use lol.

Yeah - my fault - I bolded it in the OP because I thought a 4K HDMI cable is different from your everyday HDMI cable. Turned out I was wrong. I'm not that savvy with cables.

GavinGT

Banned
As someone who lives alone, I kind of hope this works really well so that I don't have to wear a headset.

It works fine on 360 for picking up anyone's voice in the room. But having other players' voice output come through your TV speakers is less than optimal.

Bloodsent

When I first saw the unboxing, I immediately thought, yeah, the HDMI cable will not survive after the Day One Editions. But the more I thought about it, the more it makes sense to keep it in the box. If you want to promote the usage of the HDMI in from a cable box, you really should provide every owner another cable as the assumption will be that people only have the one HDMI cable from their STB to the TV.

BigDug13

It works fine on 360 for picking up anyone's voice in the room. But having other players' voice output come through your TV speakers is less than optimal.

Yeah this. Once tha action in the game gets intense and pumps a lot of sound at you, having the voices come from the same place becomes difficult to hear. Headsets just work better at getting the voice sound cut through right to your ears.

jim2011

Anyone?

I have TiVo as well. I'm hoping Microsoft works with them to use their IP network control instead of IR. It's all out there btw, publicly documented for anyone to use.

Nintendo is working directly with TiVo to incorporate this into tvii on wii u. http://www.geek.com/games/wheres-the-tivo-integration-for-the-wii-u-1550662/

"Guh, why don't Sony and MS include HDMI cables with 360 and PS3 #nerdrage"
To:
"Fuck Microsoft for including HDMI cable with Xbox One"
"Lol fuk u microsoft 4k shit"

I can't beleive we're argueing over this.

BigDug13

"Guh, why don't Sony and MS include HDMI cables with 360 and PS3 #nerdrage"
To:
"Fuck Microsoft for including HDMI cable with Xbox One"
"Lol fuk u microsoft 4k shit"

I can't beleive we're argueing over this.

I think people are only talking shit about the fact that Major Nelson is devoting time to specifically describe this HDMI cable like it's some sort of special high speed cable that isn't readily available to consumers.

Pug

I think people are only talking shit about the fact that Major Nelson is devoting time to specifically describe this HDMI cable like it's some sort of special high speed cable that isn't readily available to consumers.

And it's been explained why in this very thread.

I don't have one. I'm using component Cables.

ObiDin

No offense, but how in the hell do you get this from what he said?

It was just PR speak for "our console is capable of 4k and here is the cable to hook it up".

Dosia

It's called marketing. Who gives a shit.

Top Bottom