• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

haha what if neo wins evo

laugh.gif

He'll win in another 5 years when no one is actively playing the game.

Why are people screaming "RIP Americas game" and "so much for Marvel being America's game?"

Doesn't USA have more representatives in Top 8 than any country? Two of which are in Winners Finals? Sure we didn't clean house like we have in the past, but clearly we can still play Marvel, and should be considered the favorites going into Finals tomorrow.

I really feel like UMvC3 is up in the air; even between Apologyman and RayRay, both of those guys have had some issues with chokes before when the pressure gets high. Everyone else on that list feels like a wild card. Gonna be crazy.

if apologyman wins that match, I think he will take the whole thing.

I feel like that the result of that match will determine the entire flow of top 8.
Stop being goddamn sourpusses guys!!! Only true FGC fans would actually go to evo!! Fuck IRL!!
you know for somebody that wanted to drop the whole thing, you are really testing the waters

Dahbomb

Why are people screaming "RIP Americas game" and "so much for Marvel being America's game?"

Doesn't USA have more representatives in Top 8 than any country? Two of which are in Winners Finals? Sure we didn't clean house like we have in the past, but clearly we can still play Marvel, and should be considered the favorites going into Finals tomorrow.
This is a huge difference from decades of all American top 8s or at the most 1-2 other internationals.

This is the first time a single Japanese player cracked top 8 let alone 2 of them.

It's pretty damn historic for the series. Also no Justin Wong in a top 8.

We have a higher standards god dammit we need all 8 to be USA!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Marvel already had a following in Japan. It was actually when he was training there that he leveled up to become the beast he is now. prior to that he was much more gimmicky.

True. It just feels like Kane's enthusiasm for the game + Japan's "knowledge" of fighters combined and "level up"'d the two. But I haven't seen as many Japanese players for Evo Marvel than after Kane started to go there to help "Team Blackeye"/his crew and learn from other players.

TheRetroKid

Neo Member
Well now that SFIV and V well be played on PS4, then they won't need the XBox360's, meaning they won't have to run SF to to 8 in one day. Same with Marvel. Which means they can hopefully spread out the games over a span of 2-3 days, meaning we miss less games.

Hopefully.

Beesuit

Were they getting kicked out of the venue or what?
Boggles my mind trying to think what could've been happening at the marvel stream stations.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Melee salty suites is getting 30k viewers. That is insane.

I love EVO just because of the blowups. In the kind of setting with limited games anything can happen.

Seyavesh

it's the first time top8 marvel 3 has had japanese players in it, and usually international players are an anomaly (iirc the most it's been is 2/8) so having 5/8 being non-US is a big deal

mostly it's just a 'lol america sucks at games' thing or a marvel hate thing though

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah, you can't call Marvel with the results we have thus far.

RayRay vs. Apologyman is probably the one to watch, but it's like a 60% probability that person will take it. I usually try to bet on whoever has the best nerves and those two are up there.

Cross will get blown up unless his opponent guardbreaks themself (been happening a bunch, though).

RF is a threat because of his team alone and people being conditioned to local MorriDooms.

I'm not too familiar with Dizzy's play.

Neo will get exposed because the probability of his Phoenix not being outmaneuvered is slim, especially with those players.

KBR can do it but it's always a nail biter and that makes me unconfident (I'd LOVE for him to win it all though).

Frutsy is a toss up, I don't like his odds against some of the dirtier stuff, but he can def do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom