• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seyavesh

dizzy is gonna dark horse dudes for sure, he plays zero/doom/vergil and is good and that's basically all you need to know ho ho

btw where is the USA vs. japan money match gonna be at
bifuteki again?

Horseress

Rico Suave won KI. You need to go find the archives for top 8 KI because it was the most hype thing so far at EVO.

MKX top 8 is (from EventHubs):

Winners bracket
YOMI|DJT (Kung Lao - Tempest) vs. PND|A Foxy Grandpa (Kung Lao - Tempest)
cR|HoneyBee (D'Vorah - Swarm Queen) vs. PND|Ketchup (Quan Chi - Sorcerer)

Losers bracket
JLA|MilkySituation (Reptile - Noxious) vs. YOMI|Zyphox (Liu Kang - Flame Fist)
cR|SonicFox (Erron Black - Outlaw, Kitana - Royal Storm) vs. YOMI|MIT (Tanya - Kobu Jutsu)

Dizzy and Cross are part of the hit squad comin' after 'MERICA'S MAHVEL
Dammmn sonic fox in losers?! England representing? Good shit!

Thanks a lot breh

Dahbomb

I can't even predict a winner from that top 8 to be honest.

The International players (minus Frutsy) have the cheapest teams but they are in losers. Any of them could win if they get their cheap stuff going.

Apologyman has the next cheapest team but that team gets bodied if Firebrand dies.

Normally KBR and Neo had ChrisG in the bracket that prevented them from winning big... now there's RF taking up that spot. If RF gets eliminated early then the tournament is open for both of them.

RayRay is probably the best bet because he has been on this stage before in MVC3 plus he's in Winners.

Frutsy is such a strong wild card in all of this because he has made it into a top 8 where there are 0 Wolverines which is a clean counter to MODOK. This is the best spot for KBR to bring out Wolverine to maul down that MODOK. Frutsy also has advantage in that there are no Vergils or Zeros in that Winners bracket which means MODOK will be having a field day.

This is the first time where I can that it's literally anyone's game. I can see any of those top 8 potentially going all the way.

Vice

I'm not just talking about making top 8, I mean how he avoids his match being streamed, and having no talk of "OMG DID YOU SEE THE NEO MATCH" just like slowly walk into top 8 without anyone realizing it.
Scheduling conflicts. He's always checking his booth or commentating. Plus no one likes to watch him play.

CurlyW

I'm fully expecting half the room to walk out during Marvel Top 8 tomorrow if there end up being no Americans in Grand Finals.

iori9999

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";172336679]So did Kuroda wind up not coming to EVO?[/QUOTE]

I would have sworn he got bopped in pools for Ultra..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom