• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-hate-u

I wanted to see Neo vs Full Schedule's match so bad. No disrespect to Neo, but Full Schedule's team wrecks Pheonix teams. How did Neo pull through?

Unlucky

Marvel top 8 (edited for losers matchups)

Winners
KBR vs Frutsy
ApologyMan vs RayRay

Losers
Neo vs Dizzy
RF vs Cross

Will be streamed (so they say!!) Sunday at 4pm PT.

Malice215

haha what if neo wins evo

laugh.gif

YKWIS

And I don't know how they screwed this bad with two streams and not showing a bunch of key matches which is why you need to be there in person. I won't be too critical because I don't know what the situation was over there. Plus you have people working 12-14 hours to keep a stream going who need breaks, sleep, and pack up equipment to get ready for Sunday. It's not easy pleasing the monsters at home.

iori9999

Banned
Ha! I was kinda hoping it was the 3-d ps3 game. Kinda disappointed I opted out the HD version of this now that I watched the series on crunchyroll. Maybe I will pick up the ps3 one, but not the new ps4 one that one doesn't look my style.

I got bopped in Bizarre.. Apparently my main HolHorse was actually really good too..

cj_iwakura

Melee salty suites is getting 30k viewers. That is insane.

I love EVO just because of the blowups. In the kind of setting with limited games anything can happen.

Does Melee's have an awkward commentary trying to mack on a girl?
(And I do mean trying)

Horseress

I got myself food poisoned somehow tonight and missed everything since KIs EVO moment lol. I'm better now tho, ready for more

Who won KI? What's MKX top8? Who the fuck are Dizzy and Cross?!

I hate to just come and ask shit, but I need to know so I can sleep properly

This is a huge difference from decades of all American top 8s or at the most 1-2 other internationals.

This is the first time a single Japanese player cracked top 8 let alone 2 of them.

It's pretty damn historic for the series. Also no Justin Wong in a top 8.
Yeah, I get that, but with tournaments really exploding over the past few years (in viewership and money), it makes sense that there'd be more parity than in year's past. Although, I was hoping the same for SFIV and USA definitely got blown up there.

We have a higher standards god dammit we need all 8 to be USA!
The dream is dead.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Neo gets way too much shit. Dude had a stretch of like 2 majors where he was annihilating favourites left and right (around the time he started up his clothing site, too), which is more than enough to qualify you for this Top 8.

He's annoying on the mic but when he's on point he is a legitimate threat not to be underestimated.

I think top 8 for all games tomorrow has potential to be super hype.

All the players are around the same skill level, so less chances of blowups. If anything, Marvel has the chance to be resident sleeper if Apologyman is on his A-game.

Wallach

I got myself food poisoned somehow tonight and missed everything since KIs EVO moment lol. I'm better now tho, ready for more

Who won KI? What's MKX top8? Who the fuck are Dizzy and Cross?!

I hate to just come and ask shit, but I need to know so I can sleep properly

Rico Suave won KI. You need to go find the archives for top 8 KI because it was the most hype thing so far at EVO.

MKX top 8 is (from EventHubs):

Winners bracket
YOMI|DJT (Kung Lao - Tempest) vs. PND|A Foxy Grandpa (Kung Lao - Tempest)
cR|HoneyBee (D'Vorah - Swarm Queen) vs. PND|Ketchup (Quan Chi - Sorcerer)

Losers bracket
JLA|MilkySituation (Reptile - Noxious) vs. YOMI|Zyphox (Liu Kang - Flame Fist)
cR|SonicFox (Erron Black - Outlaw, Kitana - Royal Storm) vs. YOMI|MIT (Tanya - Kobu Jutsu)

Dizzy and Cross are part of the hit squad comin' after 'MERICA'S MAHVEL

Rayray reacted the same when he made finals last year too. I thought it was funny.

I guess that's the difference between having a stage between someone and being within close vicinity.

hitsugi

Everyone is a threat on top 8... And beyond that. In a game where one hit can lead into 2 guesses to end a match.

You guys give far too little (and at the other end, too much) credit sometimes.

I think top 8 for all games tomorrow has potential to be super hype.

All the players are around the same skill level, so less chances of blowups. If anything, Marvel has the chance to be resident sleeper if Apologyman is on his A-game.

You kidding? The crowd goes NUTS when Apologyman gets his game going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom