• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-GameTrailers staff announce new project EasyAllies

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Can I pledge without a PayPal account?

I pay directly with my credit card. That (which includes debit cards) seems to be the only option besides PayPal.

I know, but he also said it's going to be a "very casual" thing, so yeah. Why the hell wasn't it part of EZA?

It seems like he didn't want to be under Patreon with the show (perhaps due to then having the responsibility of living up to what people are paying for?). I don't get the impression that he's doing it because he wants to be separate or undermine EZA.

Quoting from earlier in this thread:

RSxThXz.png

Servbot24

Banned
Living wages in CA vary a lot depending on where you live because the state has some expensive urban areas (LA, SF) and some much cheaper regions (less developed and/or agricultural regions). According to this website (http://livingwage.mit.edu/counties/06037), the living wage in LA County is about 25k per year, but there is no way that I believe that. I guess it might depend on where in LA County you live, though.

25k is tough to live on even here in TX, there's absolutely no way that's true for LA. :p

mabec

Happy for them. Never cared much for the D&D stuff but i need 20k to happen. Damiani is in a class for himself

But 50k is like fucking impossible.

Not sure if you think I am taking credit for giving them the idea of creating a new studio for 50k a month. I just meant that I am taking credit from changing the tier name from a"A New Stage" to "A New Studio".
I now consider myself part of the crew
That is exactly what happened.

woah is this actually Bosman. Mind blown. I also feel bad for the comment where I had said I was kinda glad that the Final Bosman wasn't going to be on the site. Nothing against you, I want you on the site I just would rather have had it a priority for you to be sitting around with the other guys talking instead of having you at your desk by yourself for a large part of the time. Now that I see how fast this patreon has reached the other tiers it looks like there might have been room for your own show anyway, and I wouldn't have said it if I had known.

spats

Well, this ended up being the first Patreon I've ever supported. Went in with with 5€/month. GT getting shut down left a huge void in my week and I'm hoping EZA can fill it. :)

Bosman has tweeted that he'll be doing a more casual show on his own channels, not as part of a Patreon. I think it's because, with a Patreon, you can worry that you might not be providing people what they're paying for.
Which is weird, as most Patreon supporters are supporting them to do whatever they want.

Lol, that's so Bosman and his insecurities (It's ok Kyle we love you for being you).

YES!!!

So glad they're back. I need that podcast. I'm so happy right now

Also, does Bloodworth really have a Jacuzzi? I'm so jelly

He looked so BALLER.

Micerider

I really want the second podcast and ESPECIALLY the reviews back. Ben and Daniel are some of the best reviewers in the industry in my eyes (I somewhat like Huber's one too, but rather for his enthusiasm than the overal balance of the reviews).

Still curious to see if Bosman will get to do a show too.

I'll drop something on the Patreon, not sure yet between the 5$ and 10$ options.

Good to see them "back" either way.

Hasney

I really want the second podcast and ESPECIALLY the reviews back. Ben and Daniel are some of the best reviewers in the industry in my eyes (I somewhat like Huber's one too, but rather for his enthusiasm than the overal balance of the reviews).

Still curious to see if Bosman will get to do a show too.

I'll drop something on the Patreon, not sure yet between the 5$ and 10$ options.

Good to see them "back" either way.

Bosman is doing a show over on his own channel away from the pressures of Patreon.

Hubers reviews should just be in GIF form. Here's Tropical Freeze:

tdrBgXx.gif

Volotaire

I wonder what the second podcast will be about. Will they approach it in a Kinda Funny way and make it about general life, or could it be a discussion about the wider media industry? Maybe it will discuss, in depth, about certain video games. I'm quite excited.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I find the description of the second podcast interesting. From their goals:

Our weekly podcast will cover the biggest news stories of the week. This second weekly show will focus more on the games we’re playing, and the broad, cultural topics we want to cover that are also affecting the industry. We’ve wanted to do a second podcast for a while. This milestone will make it a reality.

Volotaire

From the Patreon description;

"Our weekly podcast will cover the biggest news stories of the week. This second weekly show will focus more on the games we’re playing, and the broad, cultural topics we want to cover that are also affecting the industry. We’ve wanted to do a second podcast for a while. This milestone will make it a reality."

I'm looking forward to two doses of EZA a week : P

Ah there we go haha.

LiK

I find the description of the second podcast interesting.

Edit: QUOTE=Volotaire;198784529]I wonder what the second podcast will be about. Will they approach it in a Kinda Funny way and make it about general life, or could it be a discussion about the wider media industry. Maybe in depth podcasts about certain video games. I'm quite excited.

Excellent

Hasney

Oh, that's pretty cool. Sounds like it might be more serious while the initial podcast will be GT Time-like. And you know how Bosman likes to start those podcasts, so we need a new game announcement soon.

crimilde

Banned
That second podcast sounds very interesting, would love to hear their thoughts on stuff like that. Hopefully they'll make it to $10k soon (and well beyond).

Fbh

Wow... last time I checked they were at 4500... now they are already past $8000.

At at this rate we might get to the review tier before the end of the week :D

Hasney

Wow... last time I checked they were at 4500... now they are already past $8000.

At at this rate we might get to the review tier before the end of the week :D

Maybe! but it'll slow down after today. Expecting the pace to be pretty good going forward for the day as more Americans wake up too.

Timezones mean I'll miss most of the streaming stuff (hopefully uploaded to youtube later!) But I'm definitely in for the podcast etc. Happy to back this. Love these guys.

Top Bottom