• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-GameTrailers staff announce new project EasyAllies

I really hope the initial drop-off isn't going to be that large and they keep growing at a reasonable pace. I also hope they don't feel the need to rush things, seeing how quickly the money comes in. I wouldn't mind it if some shows would take few weeks to get going. A disappointing first impression would be worse for Patreons, imo.

Nibel

s0044li.gif

Iconic GIF, Ben

ISee

I pay directly with my credit card. That (which includes debit cards) seems to be the only option besides PayPal.

It seems like he didn't want to be under Patreon with the show (perhaps due to then having the responsibility of living up to what people are paying for?). I don't get the impression that he's doing it because he wants to be separate or undermine EZA.

Quoting from earlier in this thread:

Do you (by chance) know if Kyles new show will be on a seperate YT channel or on their new one?

It totally does! Plus, you need that podcast early, which you now get!

Looking forward to it, I can't even describe how much I've missed GT Time :)

That's awesome and should give them more traction.

Mikey Jr.

So I just cancelled my vpn at 10 bucks a month because that shit don't work for Netflix anymore.

Also cancelled my giant bomb sub. So that's $170 free for these guys. I just put in 10. I'd be in for a 15 tier. 20 is a little too rich for me right now.

One thing I don't get about their patreon.

They say like "ohhh, $200 a month for a new sub song". They need this monthly? Why? Same with the couch, equipment, etc. These aren't recurring costs. Or will these change next month?

Hasney

So I just cancelled my vpn at 10 bucks a month because that shit don't work for Netflix anymore.

Also cancelled my giant bomb sub. So that's $170 free for these guys. I just put in 10. I'd be in for a 15 tier. 20 is a little too rich for me right now.

They say like "ohhh, $200 a month for a new sub song". They need this monthly? Why? Same with the couch, equipment, etc. These aren't recurring costs. Or will these change next month?

They're not recurring, but it's more that they'd need a certain level of interest to make these one off costs worth it. After they're done,the money just goes towards supporting them generally.

ghostjoke

Banned
It would be amazing if this worked out and allowed them to do all the stuff they were before - even already, it's amazing. I was never as engrossed with GT as I probably should have been, but I love that there is now a platform for them directly to their fans that allows them to continue their passion after traditional business can't support it. Best of luck to them all.

There were inherent costs which needed to be covered (ie, the podcast and rotating daily streams etc). The song and couch were just fun things to put on the low end.

I guess the point is: if we get $200 a month, we will gather in the same room and sing the song, sit on the couch, play the games, etc.. for you.

Carl

Awesome to see these guys back. Can't afford anything right now but will support them by watching their stuff

Mikey Jr.

They're not recurring, but it's more that they'd need a certain level of interest to make these one off costs worth it. After they're done,the money just goes towards supporting them generally.

There were inherent costs which needed to be covered (ie, the podcast and rotating daily streams etc). The song and couch were just fun things to put on the low end.

Right. I was hoping maybe once they've covered those, the other milestones would reduce. No matter.

Wish them all the best. This will probably cap out at around 15k I think.

ogbg

It seems that other Patreon pages have about the same amount of monthly income as this one but from way more subscribers. Is it normal to expect this pattern over time? Like do high paying subscribers usually tend to reduce their subscriptions after a while?

Hasney

I instantly pledged, please bring back Table Top adventures!

They've already nat 20'd that goal. It's coming!

It seems that other Patreon pages have about the same amount of monthly income as this one but from way more subscribers. Is it normal to expect this pattern over time? Like do high paying subscribers usually tend to reduce their subscriptions after a while?

The hardcore will be there first of course, but I've always personally thought that the GT fanbase skewed slightly older than a lot of video game sites, probably much like GBomb and therefore have more disposable income.

Down the line, people will get introduced to their videos and go "That was neat, I'll chuck them a buck a month" and bring the average down too.

Myggen

Patreon is unpredictable, but yes, that will sometimes happen.

luchadork

Bosman is doing a show over on his own channel away from the pressures of Patreon.

i should have taken a screenshot but i asked bosman in the chat if they were going to collate all the videos in one place and he said that he was thinking he'd put his videos up on the easyalliance youtube channel as well as his own.

i'm sure he will qualify this when he wakes up and see how successful the patreon has become.

UrbanRats

I'm in of course.

Curious how they're gonna be able to support this as a part time thing, if it was problematic to keep the schedule intact when it was their full time job.
Maybe not having reviews will be that much of a big deal.

I'm a bit worried by Bosman doing FB "on the side", it's arguably their biggest show, and having it separated from the EZA channel seems like an incredibly dumb idea.

Consider someone who just followed Final Bosman back in the day, he now subscribes to Bosman private channel, without ever even checking out Easy Allies.

UrbanRats

Also crucial info: How's their E3 coverage going to look? I can't watch those boring ass conferences without their commentary!

Also crucial info: How's their E3 coverage going to look? I can't watch those boring ass conferences without their commentary!
Well at least they are local so if things do not get them a live thing.
They can do a stream alone just like GB does from home.
Go to the show and just report back at night from home again.

Heartfyre

I'm in for $10. Maybe more eventually. Really glad that we're steamrolling into second-podcast territory. Really want to see reviews and Damiani's show happen as well, and I think it will, given time.

We've a big Patreon success story on our hands today!

so1337

ManUps got funded? Awesome.

I wish the stream didn't start in the middle of the night for me. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Top Bottom