• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-GameTrailers staff announce new project EasyAllies

sappyday

Pretty much at 7k now. I wonder if it'll get a big boost once most of the states are awake. I thought it would take them a while to get to 10k but it seems like 15k is feasible by the end of the day.

My-reaction-watching-my-hot-neighbour-run-naked-every-morning-when-she-gets-ready-Stephen-Colbert-creepy-smile.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Pledge $5 in the hope we reach reviews tier. Though it's a shame that a new Bosman show isn't on the goals list.

Bosman has tweeted that he'll be doing a more casual show on his own channels, not as part of a Patreon. I think it's because, with a Patreon, you can worry that you might not be providing people what they're paying for.

Uhyve

It's hard to get proper figures but I think this Patreon is already in the top 60 (looking at the amounts on "PledgeSociety.com") though some of those in the top 60 are "per creation" rather than per month which makes things alittle hazy.

Some people are gonna need to eat a whole murder of crows at this rate though.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
I've pledged $2 a month for now, hopefully I can increase it when they plot out their structure a bit better.

Philippo

Hopping on this Jolly Good Hype Train, really glad we get our beauty boys back!

I'd like to pledge as much as possible, but will start with 5$/month and then go up over time when i'll graduate and get a stable job.

Hasney

Huh, they have about the same number of people chipping in as Mega64 now give or take, but are making over $2k a month more. Plus the Mega64 one has been up for months.

EDIT: Needed to refresh. There was another grand and 100 people added to EZA <3

dex3108

Yay they are back :D

Now instead of GT Time they can name it EZ Time (it sounds like Easy Time) that is not bad name for podcast :D Now i need to go to the bank so i can support them.

Drencrom

Holy shit, so glad they actually managed to get back!

This might be the first time I back something on Patreon, it seems to do pretty damn well so far too.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Will pledge to help them towards being able to do reviews again, as that's the only GT content I watched and were a set part of my review routine. I miss Brandon's sexy voice.

Not familiar with their other work but I hope they find success on Patreon, it's such a fantastic platform.

Edit: Oh actually I did watch their retrospectives and myth buster videos. But they're a long way off!

Guerrilla

The guys should really move out of LA, now that they can basically determine themselves where to shoot the shows, paying the rents in LA doesn't make a whole lot of sense (except for it being a nice place of course). A different base of operation should make full time operation easier...

Luigiv

Bosman has tweeted that he'll be doing a more casual show on his own channels, not as part of a Patreon. I think it's because, with a Patreon, you can worry that you might not be providing people what they're paying for.

Oh cool. Looking forward to that, then.

CengizMan

Which is weird, as most Patreon supporters are supporting them to do whatever they want.

The guys should really move out of LA, now that they can basically determine themselves where to shoot the shows, paying the rents in LA doesn't make a whole lot of sense (except for it being a nice place of course). A different base of operation should make full time operation easier...

then they would have to fly back and forth for E3/ other events .....

Hasney

I hope we get new huber hype and final bosman type shows, the other stuff is good - but those two are GREAT

Huber was a goal and they've already smashed that, so he's back. Bosman is doing the show on his only channel to get away from the pressure of Patreon. Will be a more casual Bosman.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSJL4mrS3z_nnvsJ-gkOQ5A

Which is weird, as most Patreon supporters are supporting them to do whatever they want.

Bosman is a self-admitted quirky guy. He'd probably feel the pressure to be amazing every time on his own show if money was coming in for it from people, regardless of how many reassurances we could give him.

Servbot24

Banned
What is a living salary in CA? Like 60k maybe? Not sure how they're doing it, but it seems like every 4-5k per month will allow one person to go full time. Even though it's super lofty, it seems like the 50k goal would allow them all to go full time. Would love for them to make it!

Senteevs

Also, whether you're pledging or not, if you use AdBlock, please disable it on their YouTube channels, so they also get some of that Ad money.

They have a $1 tier. Either once or monthly.

I don't think they're expecting everyone to pledge $50/month : P

Honestly, I'm donating $25/month fully expecting to drop that down to the $20 or $5 tier once they have a more stable base and income.

I don't want to tell you how to spend your money, I just hope people support these guys even if it's at $1/month.

Cool, cool. Thanks guys. I will pledge once I get a feel for the content they'll be putting out and once they've developed their vision a bit more.

I was a broke - kid when 1up broke up, and I couldn't do anything.

Now I'm an adult who makes a lot of money (much of it in thanks to gametrailers). Will buy it at a high price.

Good job GAF, we pull through when good folks need us the most.

Hopefully somebody makes a thread when the all-day stream starts at noon. (PST-USA)

edit: holy shit it's almost at 8,000 per month and it just launched not too long ago when half the world is asleep. This should hit 20k easily.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
So the most important show, The Final Bosman, is not part of the patreon? Wat.

El-Suave

Well, they're in the video production/voiceover/media business and I guess LA is a better place to get a job in that field than some other places. Also, some of them have families/significant others who probably have jobs, so you can't expect that many people to move. There's also a nice pool of useful contacts they've probably built up over the years like a lot of people who might help out in several ways or serve as guests they could have on a GT TV style show and do some cross promotion.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
With the number of people who post in here about Bosman's stuff not being in the EZA Patreon, I feel like his comment and tweets that clarify what he'll be doing should be put in the OP.

What is a living salary in CA? Like 60k maybe? Not sure how they're doing it, but it seems like every 4-5k per month will allow one person to go full time. Even though it's super lofty, it seems like the 50k goal would allow them all to go full time. Would love for them to make it!

Living wages in CA vary a lot depending on where you live because the state has some expensive urban areas (LA, SF) and some much cheaper regions (less developed and/or agricultural regions). According to this website (http://livingwage.mit.edu/counties/06037), the living wage in LA County is about 25k per year, but there is no way that I believe that. I guess it might depend on where in LA County you live, though.

Since I never did a Patreon before, how is the early access to the podcast going to be handled? Does it somehow show up early on the RSS feed or can I only access it over the page?

Top Bottom