• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[eXas1s] There are 6 big Xbox titles currently planned for PlayStation 5

Fabieter

7MOGwKK.jpeg

Spencer redeemed.

mitch1971

Gold Member
If starfield comes as quick as this year or even within the year.

Jez is gonna have egg on his face again.

Port like that would take a while.
hhXwyNl.jpeg
Does it not cross this guys mind that he's probably not getting the whole truth when he gets info about xbox?

In for a penny, in for a pound. There's no reason to not think all future games will be coming to PS5/Switch 2. They've already did some damage with people buying their console with previous games going multiplat and rumors of future ports on top of already lagging console sales. Any choice is gone, this is the only path they have left now.

DinoD

What bogs my mind is that I am more excited for what's potentially coming to PS5 from Xbox studios than Sony this year. (Astroboot excepted). 2024 seems to have entered into a parallel universe.

Last edited:
What bogs my mind is that I am more excited for what's potentially coming to PS5 from Xbox studios than Sony this year. (Astroboot excepted). 2024 seems to have entered into a parallel universe.

That's kind of the thing that sucks about this is I just don't give a shit about Xbox games and I haven't since the 360. Titanfall peaked my interest but I returned my Xbox one as soon as I saw bots in the MP matches. So all these games coming over doesn't really do anything for me. They just haven't made a game I care about for so long because if they did I would have just kept my gaming PC and played it there.

Draugoth

Gold Member

[Jez Corden] "In my investigations, I can confirm that games like Age of Mythology Retold, Avowed, South of Midnight, Hellblade 2, and even Starfield (at least as of June 2024) are, right now, not in active development for PlayStation, despite being perhaps "considered" in meetings and discussions."

Report: Microsoft is considering bringing its flagship Xbox IP to PlayStation for the first time | Windows Central

"The only thing I can confirm at my end is that right now, as Warren said, Gears "6" is not being built for PlayStation. However, I've been told that neither are a variety of the other games The Verge says are being considered right now. In my investigations, I can confirm that games like Age of Mythology Retold, Avowed, South of Midnight, Hellblade 2, and even Starfield (at least as of June 2024) are, right now, not in active development for PlayStation, despite being perhaps "considered" in meetings and discussions. Does that mean never? Maybe, maybe not? I'm not sure Microsoft has nailed down the answers themselves yet to some of these questions, and The Verge report certainly doesn't suggest they have, despite how some have framed it. It's hard to disprove what end up being true in a couple of years or more."

xrnzaaas

Even their multiplat push is misguided. Who the fuck wants to play AoE2 on a controller?
RTS games exist on the consoles and more are being ported from PC so I guess they're finding their audience. A lot depends on whether the game was created with controllers as one of the options or was the pad support added without any serious UI modifications. Some games can play nice, others are borderline unplayable.

Last edited:

DinoD

That's kind of the thing that sucks about this is I just don't give a shit about Xbox games and I haven't since the 360. Titanfall peaked my interest but I returned my Xbox one as soon as I saw bots in the MP matches. So all these games coming over doesn't really do anything for me. They just haven't made a game I care about for so long because if they did I would have just kept my gaming PC and played it there.
Yeah. My comment was more around "speaks more of current Sony" type.

Yeah. My comment was more around "speaks more of current Sony" type.

Ah I see. Yea I haven't even given a shit about Sony lately. I can't keep up with all these damn games that are coming out. I prefer that Sony take their time give me time to catch up. I just beat Spiderman 2 like last week and before that God of War Ragnarok. I have like 10+ AAA highly rated titles in my backlog and there are still more games coming out that I'm 100% going to play. There's just to many games coming out.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
If Halo is indeed coming there's literally nothing off the table after that...
Matthew Broderick GIF

It'd be over for the Xbox as a console maker.... They'll still release the next Xbox since it's already in R&D but afterwards,I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Still,they would be a massive third party publisher which in the end I feel they will benefit from tremendously.

Let’s be honest, the way semiconductor advancements are expected to explode in the next 5 years and the face that the younger generation don’t buy consoles, next gen could likely be the last dedicated console generation. Apple, Sony, Microsoft, Samsung and even Nintendo certainly are preparing for it.

Also, quoting anything from RE should be an automatic ban.

King Dazzar

So Halo Combat Evolved would be a further remaster of the MCC version? That would be great, but otherwise MCC would be excellent. They can keep Hell's hairy bum cheeks though.

FewRope

[Jez Corden] "In my investigations, I can confirm that games like Age of Mythology Retold, Avowed, South of Midnight, Hellblade 2, and even Starfield (at least as of June 2024) are, right now, not in active development for PlayStation, despite being perhaps "considered" in meetings and discussions."

Report: Microsoft is considering bringing its flagship Xbox IP to PlayStation for the first time | Windows Central

"The only thing I can confirm at my end is that right now, as Warren said, Gears "6" is not being built for PlayStation. However, I've been told that neither are a variety of the other games The Verge says are being considered right now. In my investigations, I can confirm that games like Age of Mythology Retold, Avowed, South of Midnight, Hellblade 2, and even Starfield (at least as of June 2024) are, right now, not in active development for PlayStation, despite being perhaps "considered" in meetings and discussions. Does that mean never? Maybe, maybe not? I'm not sure Microsoft has nailed down the answers themselves yet to some of these questions, and The Verge report certainly doesn't suggest they have, despite how some have framed it. It's hard to disprove what end up being true in a couple of years or more."
My boy gonna be in suicide watch when he realize the information Xbox fed him was purely damage control and always was

Jez literally tweeted last December that zero Xbox ports were in the works and that it was pure Playstation hopium. Obviously that was wrong, as Sea of Thieves, Hifi Rush, Pentiment, and Grounded all came to PS5 a few months later. Not sure why we should trust that he has inside knowledge on ports when he very clearly missed the boat previously

Also, Jez Corden has legit sources, but I feel like pretty much all of them are controlled leaks by Xbox themselves. Jez Corden very rarely leaks out stuff that is damaging to the brand. That is always Warren, Henderson, Grubb ect. He didn't know shit about the ports or the widespread layoffs the past year. He is a glorified stooge. I fucking hate the platform Xbox gives its influencers. It is the biggest reason I just want it to die

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Jez literally tweeted last December that zero Xbox ports were in the works and that it was pure Playstation hopium. Obviously that was wrong, as Sea of Thieves, Hifi Rush, Pentiment, and Grounded all came to PS5 a few months later. Not sure why we should trust that he has inside knowledge on ports when he very clearly missed the boat previously

Also, Jez Corden has legit sources, but I feel like pretty much all of them are controlled leaks by Xbox themselves. Jez Corden very rarely leaks out stuff that is damaging to the brand. That is always Warren, Henderson, Grubb ect. He didn't know shit about the ports or the widespread layoffs the past year. He is a glorified stooge. I fucking hate the platform Xbox gives its influencers. It is the biggest reason I just want it to die

Microsoft made PlayStation versions of their games back in the 360 era, doesnt mean it will get released.

It's very possible Halo, Gears wont be released.

Yeah I used to like it. Mine just clicks now and makes weird noises instead of rumbles. Barely used it.

Look at the bright side, at least the L1/R1 bumpers don't go kaput on the DS after just a few months 🙂

Edit: always loved the Xbox joypads but God, the quality control since the XONE generation has fallen off a cliff brother - the bumpers are the first things to go (especially if you play Souls games that use them heavily).

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Look at the bright side, at least the L1/R1 bumpers don't go kaput on the DS after just a few months 🙂
My Xbox bumpers are okay. But the dpad sucks, no gyro and all the buttons are still loud. I honestly dont want resistance triggers ever. Haptic sensory stuff is fine. PS5 has a premium feeling dpad but not a fan of the cross design.

Tom Warren seems like someone who has a direct line to the official narrative talking points directly from Microsoft and not Jez

Microsoft made PlayStation versions of their games back in the 360 era, doesnt mean it will get released.

It's very possible Halo, Gears wont be released.
What does that have to do with Jez Corden?

Sure, its possible. I think Microsoft is going to wait until the end of this year and see if Avowed, Indy, or Cod drastically move the needle. I doubt it will because as a brand Xbox is at its lowest point, partly because of these port rumors. There is no putting that genie back in the bottle, at least for this generation. Phil Spencer can say XYZ to reassure the Xbox userbase and it will fall on deaf ears, deservedly so. Unless Xbox starts selling like crazy again this holiday, expect everything to be on the table. Because, as a strategy, it makes no sense to port some things over but not others

Fredrik

Never forget what Phil Spencer said

JiOphL1.jpeg
It’s just lies now. And fans are already in the acceptance phase defending or trying to hint that all this is some super clever move. It’s really just stupidity. Good thing I’m converting fully to PC and Steam so I don’t have to bother with the flip flopping anymore in the console space. Wouldn’t spend a cent investing when they don’t seem to know what they want.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The fact that you see it as over 20 years old, and not a game that came out 2 years ago, is exactly why we got here.

The game that came out 3 years ago, not 2, is different from the one being talked about in the OP.

Top Bottom