• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[eXas1s] There are 6 big Xbox titles currently planned for PlayStation 5

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Pardon me, it is currently 2.5 years old lol.

OP is specifically referring to Halo:CE? Is that the take?

Yes, there's two different topics, the other one goes into more detail. The Halo that's mentioned in OP is a supposed re-remaster of Combat Evolved in Unreal Engine 5.

There's been absolutely no hints from any insider that it's even a thing under consideration until this news from today. So I don't know honestly if it's even believable or not. The other examples are games that are already out so they're more plausible.

Last edited:

BlackTron

Gold Member
Yes, there's two different topics, the other one goes into more detail. The Halo that's mentioned in OP is a supposed re-remaster of Combat Evolved in Unreal Engine 5.

There's been absolutely no hints from any insider that it's even a thing under consideration until this news from today. So I don't know honestly if it's even believable or not. The other examples are games that are already out so they're more plausible.

Ok, just saw it. Yeah, it's really hard to believe Playstation is going to get a remaster of Halo 1 and NOT get the current free GAAS game...unless it just gets both, or the CE remake is their attempt at a total reboot for the series including even the multiplayer.

But no way PS gets Halo: CE remake while missing what they intend to be the main MP marketplace

salva

They should release Infinite MP on PlayStation. It plays so good and will boost it's online population. Should release it same day as Concord :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Sanepar

The only 2 games that would make a diff is Forza Horizon and Gears if both will stay exclusive nothing matters.

truth411

finish the fight

maxresdefault.jpg
Ouch, I felt that one! Lol!

THE DUCK

Banned
Old Halo games won't matter much, nor the rest, with exception of doom. Infinite would be a bit bigger of a deal. A new halo game would be a big deal. Losing Doom exclusivity would be a very big deal, might as well do the rest then.

Guess we will see in a few days.

Mr.Phoenix

Has anyone noticed, that at every juncture that more Xbox games are announced for Pla..... other platforms, there is always this supporting narrative of how this is all that is planned or that is coming... and the other (likely new) stuff will not be coming.

Then a little later, the new stuff is announced to be coming, along with the usual this is all that is coming talk, and announcement of new stuff that will not be coming.

Or is this pattern only in my head.

adamsapple

Has anyone noticed, that at every juncture that more Xbox games are announced for Pla..... other platforms, there is always this supporting narrative of how this is all that is planned or that is coming... and the other (likely new) stuff will not be coming.

Then a little later, the new stuff is announced to be coming, along with the usual this is all that is coming talk, and announcement of new stuff that will not be coming.

It's all in your head. Everything is rumor and hearsay until announced in an official capacity.

Mr.Phoenix

Exclusives are critical to consoles and I don’t think PlayStation gamers really want halo it’s not like they don’t have access to Xbox or computers to play it.
I think this is what people don't get. That's not what exclusives are about. It's not about if Playstation gamers want Halo... or any of the stuff MS is bringing. It's that the fact that they are bringing it over to PlayStation, means you do not have to own an Xbox to play them. It means if you were in the market for a console, and your choices were either p[laystation or XCbox, Microsoft is outright giving you a reason to get the PlayStation instead.
It's all in your head. Everything is rumor and hearsay until announced in an official capacity.
Fair enough... doesn't help though that MS seems to be masters at not actually talking straight.

I mean, they had a whole streamed sit down about the future of Xbox a few months ago... and right now people still seem more confused than ever on what is happening or isn't.

That can't be a coincidence... I think it takes some really special skills to talk about a specific topic for 15-30mins... and leave people more confused than they were before anything was said.

And all these rumors every week about this and that coming... all just hearsay huh? Ok...

Last edited:

adamsapple

Fair enough... doesn't help though that MS seems to be masters at not actually talking straight.

I mean, they had a whole streamed sit down about the future of Xbox a few months ago... and right now people still seem more confused than ever on what is happening or isn't.

That can't be a coincidence... I think it takes some really special skills to talk about a specific topic for 15-30mins... and leave people more confused than they were before anything was said.

And all these rumors every week about this and that coming... all just hearsay huh? Ok...

Yeah, between Feb and now, multiple 'insiders' have flip flopped over the state of whether games like Starfield will come to PS or not, one week someone says yes, the next week someone else says there hasn't been any discussion on it internally.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

Banned
I'm going to laugh till I'm blue in the face if ms announces old halo, old gears, old forza, starfield, etc on ps5, followed by a reveal of Gt7, tlou, spiderman, ratchet, and uncharted on xbox.

Last edited:

Radical_3d

MCC on a disc with all the improvements over my sorry ass Xbox Halo MCC on disc? Count me in so I don’t depend on the digital version or the absolute state in which was launched. MMC on digital? Hard pass.

djjinx2

Considering nothing else is announced it's in your head.

I'd say it will be clearer what's coming Sunday, but it probably wont (be clearer)

DavidGzz

Notice people want the classics, Halo, Gears, Forza Horizon, Banjo, AOE. No one wants the Phil Spencer Collection.

I've seen people wanting the next Doom, Starfield, Indiana Jones, Forza Horizon 5, etc. Phil has been in charge for 10+ years. Halo, Gears and Forza all came out in those years. Plus, Sea of Thieves is doing great on PS5.

Shane89

[Jez Corden] "In my investigations, I can confirm that games like Age of Mythology Retold, Avowed, South of Midnight, Hellblade 2, and even Starfield (at least as of June 2024) are, right now, not in active development for PlayStation, despite being perhaps "considered" in meetings and discussions."

Report: Microsoft is considering bringing its flagship Xbox IP to PlayStation for the first time | Windows Central

"The only thing I can confirm at my end is that right now, as Warren said, Gears "6" is not being built for PlayStation. However, I've been told that neither are a variety of the other games The Verge says are being considered right now. In my investigations, I can confirm that games like Age of Mythology Retold, Avowed, South of Midnight, Hellblade 2, and even Starfield (at least as of June 2024) are, right now, not in active development for PlayStation, despite being perhaps "considered" in meetings and discussions. Does that mean never? Maybe, maybe not? I'm not sure Microsoft has nailed down the answers themselves yet to some of these questions, and The Verge report certainly doesn't suggest they have, despite how some have framed it. It's hard to disprove what end up being true in a couple of years or more."
Starfield doesn't need to be 'considered' it in meeting and discussions. They already have the code for it. Originally it was a PS game. They just need to finalize it (if they didn't yet) and release it, and you can be sure that they will sooner or later. It flopped hard on xbox, and it was even a free game. Xbox divsion can milk money from microsoft but still need to milk money from consumers lol

THE DUCK

Banned
Ya I'm not sure in any sort of initial development means much, I mean the architecture is so similar and it's a closed format, take like 2 days to get a (poorly optimized) build up and running on ps5 if you have a pc build already......

Still, often where there is smoke there is fire.

Last edited:
The only real surprise would be Halo. If a remaster of an old game, not even that much of a surprise.

I expect all the Bethesda/Id ganes to be multiplat after a year or so of exclusivity.

tronied

I was thinking about this and Halo on Playstation is not really a big deal (besides to fanboys), but lets look at the facts:

1) Halo was THE game for Xbox back in the day, however since Bungie left the importance of Halo to Xbox has been waning.
2) Halo sales on Xbox are now bound to be pretty non-existent.
3) The impact for Infinite to the overall "war" with Playstation barely moved the needle and was no doubt seen as a disappointment.

As such, given the Halo series is now seen as a game which has had its day, why not eek a little more revenue out of it and sell on Playstation. If sales are positive then this money can be used to put money into other new franchises which could be exclusive (PC included) for the time being. If not then aside for some people warring on each side and a bit of press at the time, it won't mean that much.

I'd say go for it and see what happens. So long as they keep investing money into new games I have no issue.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Old Halo games won't matter much, nor the rest, with exception of doom. Infinite would be a bit bigger of a deal. A new halo game would be a big deal. Losing Doom exclusivity would be a very big deal, might as well do the rest then.

Guess we will see in a few days.

Why would Doom be a big deal? Doom currently is and has always been multiplatform. I don't think anybody expected the new Doom to be Xbox and PC only. I'd even expect a port on the new Nintendo console.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Gonna be a pretty interesting show. I'd bet that with Call of Duty being bolted to it, the views will be stellar but with all the playstation guys salivating at the thought of being able to post "it's Joever" for the 19th time that day, it'll likely eclipse every other show in terms of viewers.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Hope this is true. Just because that means we will get a look at the xbox portable, and that form factor is the only 'console' I am interested in.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I've seen people wanting the next Doom, Starfield, Indiana Jones, Forza Horizon 5, etc. Phil has been in charge for 10+ years. Halo, Gears and Forza all came out in those years. Plus, Sea of Thieves is doing great on PS5.
It's almost like there was a big lie permeating the whole conversation around Xbox for the last few years. A tax if you will.

jm89

Forza horizon has ot be one of them.

I think that one will do really well on playstation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom