• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[eXas1s] There are 6 big Xbox titles currently planned for PlayStation 5

djjinx2

Hope everything comes

Gears 6, Doom, Indiana, Hellblade, etc

Because i want the games, and because i want those Xbox fanatics in the mud
Why would anyone be in the mud?

As an Xbox gamer I couldn't give a fuck if all games release on Playstation and Switch. I get them all day 1 on GamePass. (CoD being my main game with Forza)

For say Uncharted and TLOU, I will get a cheap PS5 in 2027. Hell maybe by that time I will get them on my Xbox PC!

2 sides to see it from

The two Ori games seem like low hanging fruit. They are great and nobody would care if they ported over to PlayStation. I would quite like to play Halo on the PlayStation but I can't see it happening. A remaster of Sunset Overdrive would also be awesome

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I accepted that everything is going in February after the Hi-Fi Rush shirt incident. Before that, I didn't believe it. But it's been clear for several months now.

This. Everything is open to go anywhere from MS. That's just facts. Doesn't change anything for those who just want to play the games.

It's even better for those who have friends with a playstation.

Playing co op gears with my sony bros would be amazing.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Games were in production before Phil took over so he's not responsible.. but if they score low it's because Phil is involved.

Confused The Interview GIF
Yes, Phil is responsible.

If a project is in bad shape it’s his responsibility to steer it in the right direction.

As an Xbox gamer I couldn't give a fuck if all games release on Playstation and Switch. I get them all day 1 on GamePass. (CoD being my main game with Forza)
The customer who offers the most money, gets catered to. You can laugh at Mac users all they want, they paid up when it is time to buy.

Not having to pay much is not the advantage you think it is. If you are not a good customer, you get replaced. The whole point is that if you want Gamepass to exist, this is not a good development for you.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yes, Phil is responsible.

If a project is in bad shape it’s his responsibility to steer it in the right direction.

Define 'bad shape'', besides Redfall none of the games they've released in the last few years were received what you'd outright call bad. Even a game like Sea of Thieves is a big success story now after a shaky launch. Steered in the right direction.

Besides, plenty of really well received games also came out in his tenure. Forza Horizon 5, Psychonauts 2, Pentiment etc. And more future-bangers, hopefully, getting shown today.

Last edited:

SSfox

I can see myself buying Original gears trilogy or remake of them anything else don't really care

For say Uncharted and TLOU, I will get a cheap PS5 in 2027. Hell maybe by that time I will get them on my Xbox PC!

2 sides to see it from

There’s a weird narrative that the Xbox fanbase, a fanbase that has had literally zero exclusives for like two generations now, and has grown accustomed to some of the games even releasing on other consoles, will lose their shit when Game A or Game B or Game C etc etc get announced for other consoles.

In reality, no one gives a shit. The only people who care are those who make money being fanboy personalities on the internets. Aka not even real people.

FewRope

This. Everything is open to go anywhere from MS. That's just facts. Doesn't change anything for those who just want to play the games.

It's even better for those who have friends with a playstation.

Playing co op gears with my sony bros would be amazing.
Gears crossplay would actually make the multiplayer one of the biggest in the console market imho

Borowski_1

2 sides to see it from

I said "Xbox fanatics", so that doesn't apply to everyone.

It's those who don't want "their" games on different platforms. Corporate slaves who care more about the brand than the games

So, it's clearly not you

Sanepar

2 sides to see it from
Yeah because gamepass is free right? You get nothing, u pay to rent.

THE DUCK

Banned
Hope everything comes

Gears 6, Doom, Indiana, Hellblade, etc

Because i want the games, and because i want those Xbox fanatics in the mud

Nah, Xbox fanatics will just say by going mutiplatform the best xbox games will live on. And ms is promising legacy support and continued hardware, so not much changes for an xbox owner. (Other than maybe feeling ripped off not being able to play ps5 games)
Though there is still benefit to having and xbox potentially both in the past and going forward:

- Ability to subscribe to gamepass
- Backwards compatibility for owned games
- Xbox ecosystem/controllers/dashboard (some prefer these)
- Perhaps still some exclusives or releases first (definately true of games so far this gen)

Last edited:
Top Bottom