• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Free on Xbox Live Store

Cider X

Shit! I just got banned from Live. Shouldn't have downloaded this. Got a standard e-mail from them as well about the ban.

PrinceKee

Now up on Polygon

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/9/11898756/fallout-4-free-xbox-one

They asked for a comment from Microsoft. I mean, really? :p

Say good bye to the game and season pass.

Kotaku and Polygon really? Is the news that slow that you post articles about pricing errors? Now we definitely aren't going to get to keep this. And Microsoft will be swift with the license revoked before most of us finish downloading it. Going to end up a wasted cap hit on my ISP.

We can never have nice things lol...

Chris1

That time a few summers ago on Gaf when people abused GameStop's $5 Xbox credit give away for liking their Facebook page.

Best time on Gaf.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840749

00EEIRY.gif

Glorious times. Never been so excited for a Wednesday (?) to come sooner every week than that month.

Back when I was waiting to be verified I think, or I was still a lurker.

singhr1

Kotaku and Polygon really? Is the news that slow that you post articles about pricing errors? Now we definitely aren't going to get to keep this. And Microsoft will be swift with the license revoked before most of us finish downloading it. Going to end up a wasted cap hit on my ISP.

We can never have nice things lol...

You know games journalism isnt just about news silly!

Sometimes its a dude shoving an Amiibo into his mouth and seeing if it fits

Smidget

That Gamestop deal was awesome :x

Got:
Rainbow 6 - $60
Forza Horizon 2: Storm Island - $10
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition - $40
Halo 5 - $60
Ryse - $25
Peggle 2 - $5
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Digital Pro Edition - $100
Halo: Master Chief Collection - $60
Sunset Overdrive - $60
Forza Horizon 2 - $60

And I think that was it? :)

People were changing their locale to something like Monaco or something and a handful of games like Injustice were free. I think there's grounds for banning there because you're knowingly trying to circumvent the system to get free games but they can't prove a person didn't just stumble onto a pricing error.

Exactly. There could have been people merely browsing the Xbox Store without any idea there was an error going on, just online or on their console or phone, taking a look or a break from gaming to browse, and notice that Fallout 4 was free so they bought it. Are they gonna go to jail too for stealing?

I'm all for paying for games over pirating them 1000%, but I can tell the difference between buying a free game due to a pricing mistake and some kind of shady "change your region and time zone and use a fake account to get credit to change this other thing to switch the credit to your US account and get the shit for free" scam. Some of the people in this thread need to chill out a bit.

LowerLevel

To be fair, didnt microsoft ban a load of xbox 360 consoles for getting some free games a few years ago, like Ass Creed 3 and stuff?

I recall a glitch before that if you bought Kinect Sports or something, you got a new game free or severely reduced in price or something along those lines. People thought MS was going to go back on that glitch as well but MS stayed the course and honored the deals. It was around the same time Xbox Music was giving away a bunch of free albums two holidays ago.

Shit! I just got banned from Live. Shouldn't have downloaded this. Got a standard e-mail from them as well about the ban.

I call shenanigans. This was a pricing error, not a cheat or exploit. You don't ban people for clicking on free games, that a guaranteed way to set off a career ending shitstorm for some middle manager. You may not get to keep it, but you sure as hell aren't going to ban 50k of you most loyal customers and put them off Microsoft digital games forever.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Finding this hard to believe. They're suddenly going to ban 100K or so Live members?

It takes time to ban. And they don't ban for pricing errors because it's not an exploit, it's just advertised as free and everybody that sees it like that is allowed to download it for free. So if he got banned just now it's coincidence and for something else, most likely multiplayer related.

bidguy

Banned
I recall a glitch before that if you bought Kinect Sports or something, you got a new game free or severely reduced in price or something along those lines. People thought MS was going to go back on that glitch as well but MS stayed the course and honored the deals. It was around the same time Xbox Music was giving away a bunch of free albums two holidays ago.

there was also this one

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=677769&page=5

i took everything there,during russia glitch,gamestop 5 buck abuse and and and

still standing 8+years

no one will get banned for this

RootCause

I can't buy people getting banned over this. It's a pricing error, at most they just removed the license for those that got it free.

Deadstar

Seems like a great way to get people back on the xbox. I have booted mine up in months. The interface is still terrible. I don't understand how that's possible. I hope the next xbox throws out this garbage and makes something that is fast and responsive.

Taramoor

I feel so bad for the modding community. The sense of entitlement from people who legitimately purchased the game has been bad enough. A swarm of new Xbox players all at once can't be good.

I am 100% sure that there's a clause somewhere in Microsoft's terms and conditions that allows them to correct mistakes. Digital licenses aren't the same thing as a physical product.

All I know is when they overcharged me for a game on the website and I complained I was told in no uncertain terms that they were totally unable to remove access to a game once purchased.

I assume that the same applies when they undercharge for a game.

Compbros

That Gamestop deal was awesome :x

Got:
Rainbow 6 - $60
Forza Horizon 2: Storm Island - $10
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition - $40
Halo 5 - $60
Ryse - $25
Peggle 2 - $5
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Digital Pro Edition - $100
Halo: Master Chief Collection - $60
Sunset Overdrive - $60
Forza Horizon 2 - $60

And I think that was it? :)

Looking through my list.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Alpha Protocol
Fable II
Ultra SFIV
Skullgirls
Fable III
Sonic Generations
Virtua Tennis 4
I Am Alive
Gears Of War 3
Portal 2
Skate 2
Tmnt: Oots
Stuntman: Ignition
Dragon Age 2
Fight Night Champion
The Witcher 2: Assassins Of Kings
Prince Of Persia The Forgotten Sands
Gears Of War 3 Season Pass
Split/Second
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X
Bully Scholarship Ed
Soulcalibur ⅴ
Eternal Sonata
Beyond Good & Evil Hd
Dragon Age: Origins
Burnout Revenge
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Amy
South Park: The Stick of Truth

All I know is when they overcharged me for a game on the website and I complained I was told in no uncertain terms that they were totally unable to remove access to a game once purchased.

I assume that the same applies when they undercharge for a game.

I was able to get refunded for a digital copy of Elder Scrolls Online. They definitely revoked it after the refund went through.

Texted my friend to get on this and he got it 3 min before they shut down. Im curious if their gonna revoke this but Im seeing many people are already dling the game.

First time players don't forget the Xbox One version has mods!

Top Bottom