• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Free on Xbox Live Store

AwesomeMeat

PossumMeat
That time a few summers ago on Gaf when people abused GameStop's $5 Xbox credit give away for liking their Facebook page.

Best time on Gaf.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840749

00EEIRY.gif

Also the M&M Movie Night give away that gave you digital visa cards $5. The win-rate was ridiculous and it happened during a steam sale if I recall. Sooo good.

def sim

Also the M&M Movie Night give away that gave you digital visa cards $5. The win-rate was ridiculous and it happened during a steam sale if I recall. Sooo good.

Yup. IIRC it was pretty much a guaranteed win everyday for a month and I had access to two cell phone numbers. ☺️

Hmmm probably was maybe an early leak of an E3 deal where GOLD members could try it for a week. However thats what I'm guessing, or just a really bad sales error.

Weaselred

Why the fuck do people keep trying to contact customer support? Idiots.

To add on my previous comment,

Microsoft had no way to revoke the licenses on the 360 (this is why you keep your GWG when your Gold Subscription expires or got refunds) but can on the One except your average CS rep will never have that power.

A rather well known news website that predates GAF by many years and had that logo since 2002 or so.

Have you tried to play it lately? See GAF thread for multiple reports of revoked licenses.

I have in fact I literally just checked my expiration on the license and shows I own it forever. Maybe I lucked out.

Kindekuma

Banned
In contact for what purpose?

Imagine you're a news outlet. If you're gonna report on something that needs credibility such as a source, what better way to do it than from the company in question itself? "A Microsoft representative told us ____________".

sensui-tomo

only reason i did this was to try out mods, i've got the game on the ps4 still. if they dont revoke it (highly unlikely) whoopie if not then nothing lost.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Well, I never got the email to say I bought it. A check of my Microsoft account still shows KI S3 Ultra as my last purchase too.

Hm. They probably will revoke.

flkraven

Imagine you're a news outlet. If you're gonna report on something that needs credibility such as a source, what better way to do it than from the company in question itself? "A Microsoft representative told us ____________".

A journalist trusting a Microsoft service Rep to know or represent anything regarding Microsoft is a journalist I don't trust.

Falchion

Well, I never got the email to say I bought it. A check of my Microsoft account still shows KI S3 Ultra as my last purchase too.

Hm. They probably will revoke.

Free games (like games with gold) don't show up on your purchase history or have the confirmation email.

Alienfan

Hmmm probably was maybe an early leak of an E3 deal where GOLD members could try it for a week. However thats what I'm guessing, or just a really bad sales error.

This - just seems odd that all of the game's available on the store Xbox, it was something as big as Fallout 4 and not something random like "Kung Fu for the Kinect".

DirtyLarry

"News Outlet" is a big stretch.
I was actually on the "News Team" many years ago when they tried to make it professional from "unprofessional, and what their writers get paid definitely does not clarify as professionals by any means. Or even employed. It is dollars per article. And I literally mean single dollars.

They are more like a place for aspiring just starting out journalists to work for next to nothing to build up their portfolio. They have had a few success stories of people who have moved on to bigger and better things. Tom Warren probably being the most known.

But it is not really what one could describe as a "News Outlet."

Tansut

So I just got home from work and Fallout is "ready to install" on my Xbone. Should I even spend the bandwidth and download this?

Vamphuntr

I always find it pretty funny that no matter if it's a glitch or a price mistake someone always crack under the pressure and harass customer support in hope of getting the deal while it usually has the opposite effect. I'm not making a jab at people that do the right thing and advise the store about a mistake. I just find it funny it always follow the same pattern.

I always find it pretty funny that no matter if it's a glitch or a price mistake someone always crack under the pressure and harass customer support in hope of getting the deal while it usually has the opposite effect. I'm not making a jab at people that do the right thing and advise the store about a mistake. I just find it funny it always follow the same pattern.

I am curious how many people get upset when Microsoft doesn't let us keep the game.

Chris1

I'm confused. I thought this whole thread was about the price error? Or was there another price error that occurred with Fallout 4 on another day?
As in the price of the item. It's been addressed. I don't think major is talking about addressing people who abused it.

Top Bottom