• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Free on Xbox Live Store

Fisty

Yeah i don't think they will either because i have a couple of games that showed up at 0.00 before people think just because Sony does it Microsoft will.

Sony did it ONCE, and it was for a Bethesda product. I can assure you it will happen this time too, and it wont be because MS decided so.

That time a few summers ago on Gaf when people abused GameStop's $5 Xbox credit give away for liking their Facebook page.

Best time on Gaf.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840749

00EEIRY.gif

I bought so many anime games that never go on sale or decrease their price from launch that summer. I felt like I won, but deep down I knew I lost.

Fisty

Wasn't that different though since it was a pre-order?

I guess technically yes, it was a season pass where none of the content had been released. But they can pull any game they want from your account any time, and they have screwed up plenty with store glitches, but only did it once for a Bethesda product.

Sure you downloaded the game it runs now, but for every single day you have and play it you have to wonder will this be the moment when it is revoked? How can anyone enjoy a game like that? That's why no crime pays, because you will spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder regardless of whether you get caught or not.

kingwingin

Sure you downloaded the game it runs now, but for every single day you have and play it you have to wonder will this be the moment when it is revoked? How can anyone enjoy a game like that? That's why no crime pays, because you will spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder regardless of whether you get caught or not.
my xbox will be offline untill i have every achievment :) crime does pay

Taking advantage of something doesn't equate to that thing being a crime. There are totally reasonable moral statements that you could argue against doing this, but at the end of the day you essentially went to a storefront that was legally giving things away for free.

Are you actually equating this to committing a real crime with severe consequences like going to prison?

Toa TAK

Banned

Crime pays all the time.

Though I don't think anyone here has committed something so horrible by taking advantage of a FREE sale.

If that makes me Mussolini, then sign me up.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

Hahaha. What?

I mean. I agree about crime.

But this by no means is comparable.

KAP151

You're trolling right?

right?

Yoday

Crime, what? People are paying the listed price on a digital marketplace. MS listing the wrong price doesn't make criminals out of people that pay that price. It is the responsibility of the company operating the marketplace, not the consumer, to make sure the listed price is correct.

"Purchased" from the Xbox store but leave work in 4 hours so I doubt I'll get to play before they revoke. Wanted to at least play and see if I like it.

Oh well!

bman94

I "purchased" with no intentions of actually playing it. I'm still trying to justify my $5 purchase of Fallout 3, really didn't get into it.

Exactly. You wouldn't download a car, would you?

What?

How can they enjoy it? With the knowledge that they can just buy the game if it ever gets revoked. It's not like anyone is going to be able to "come after them" so to speak.

Top Bottom