• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Free on Xbox Live Store

Thewonandonly

Damn hopefully don't get the license revoked because I just traded in fallout 4 to gamestop.

Awe well guess that's what I get for wanting a dime bag :(

So, all of this had me looking at my billing info. I have $15 on my account, and I honestly have no idea how it got there. I could have sworn there used to be a way to see when/how funds were added to your account, but all I can find is my purchases. Is there any way I can see where on earth this $15 came from?

Xumbrega

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/4ne2cy/for_as_much_as_people_around_here_want_the_xbone/

giphy.gif

lol

styl3s

So, all of this had me looking at my billing info. I have $15 on my account, and I honestly have no idea how it got there. I could have sworn there used to be a way to see when/how funds were added to your account, but all I can find is my purchases. Is there any way I can see where on earth this $15 came from?
Xbox rewards? I have gotten up to like $20 from that before.

You could try looking at your Microsoft account page but I'm not entirely sure if they show money added.

MattyG

Banned
So what's going on in here now? People claiming they were banned? People running to customer service? Anything been revoked or anyone charged yet?

kevin1025

Banned
So what's going on in here now? People claiming they were banned? People running to customer service? Anything been revoked or anyone charged yet?

People are faking their ban, people are going to customer service because they're no fun, no charges or revokes yet.

Falchion

No, people are just trolling. Everyone still has access and is downloading it fine for the time being.

Bessy67

I highly doubt anyone has been banned for this. My game still works, but I fully expect it to be revoked soon.

Kadin

I don't know who is more stupid, the guy pretending or all the ones believing him and insulting him.
If he's lying about being the one who did that chat (which I think is the case), that makes him even worse than the person who did it. At least whoever did it has some principals and felt it was wrong and for that, I can at least appreciate why they did it. This guy, is just being a dick to be a dick and there's no need for that.

spannicus

Me too. I don't think I'd be able to live with myself for taking a game from a multibillion dollar corporation because of a mistake that they made. I'm glad there's some justice in this world.
I will do my part to bring justice. I have submitted all those here who have downloaded the free game to Microsoft. Take that you filthy freeloaders!

neonglow

Yeah, that's where I was checking when I first found the $15 balance. It used to say "redeemed $20 prepaid card" or something of the sort, now it's just showing my purchases.

Did you make a purchase on the at microsoftstore.com? They had a promo last Christmas where if you bought an MS retail game, they gave you $15 back in Xbox credit.

Did you make a purchase on the at microsoftstore.com? They had a promo last Christmas where if you bought an MS retail game, they gave you $15 back in Xbox credit.

I did do that, for Rare Replay. I've already used the credit. Somehow your post reminded me, though - I bought a $15 code for when MS recently freed up a bunch of dormant gamertags.That explains the balance. I can't believe I forgot about that, it was just a few weeks ago.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Don't go online again until you've finished it. :p

Nothing will happen to it. They simply don't revoke licenses for price errors on their side. It has never happened and it will not happen now.

And to those believing chat operators on that matter: Earlier today a different chat operator said that it was an official price reduction. They don't know anything other than their standard operating procedures, they have no authority and what they say is mostly what you want to here if they have no other information.

shanafan

My download just finished, and my saved game loaded. So, working fine for me so far.

I am going to sign out from Xbox Live, turn off my Xbox One, and then sign back in and see what happens.

Edit: All good. Saved game loaded again.

styl3s

Nothing will happen to it. They simply don't revoke licenses for price errors on their side. It has never happened and it will not happen now.

And to those believing chat operators on that matter: Earlier today a different chat operator said that it was an official price reduction. They don't know anything other than their standard operating procedures, they have no authority and what they say is mostly what you want to here if they have no other information.
Yeah i don't think they will either because i have a couple of games that showed up at 0.00 before people think just because Sony does it Microsoft will.

Top Bottom